Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins to play twice in LA next season

hail2skins

With the Chargers plan to relocate to Los Angeles announced today, it means the Skins are slated to play twice in LA next season. One game will be in the 90000 seat LA Coliseum against the Rams, while the other will be in the 30000 seat Stubhub Center against the Chargers. The Stubhub facility is currently occupied by soccer's LA Galaxy.

I don't think the Rams have been selling out the Coliseum, but this really seems like two totally different atmospheres to see a game. Is anyone planning to go to LA to see either or both of these games? If you were to go, which do you think would be the coolest to attend?

This is good to know.  My Dad is a longtime Rams fan, Mom Chargers fan, and me a Redskins fan and we all live in San Diego so whichever parent can convince me to buy them a ticket....I'm there!

On second thought...maybe I can see two Skins games this year!

I live in San Diego.  Pissed today that I have to travel to LA twice to see the 'Skins.  Was hoping for the 1 local game.  I will be doubly pissed if one of these 2 games is played internationally (MX City.) 

If both are in LA, I will certainly go to one.  Initial thought is to go to chargers game with my family and rams game with my buddies.

6 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I don't think the Rams have been selling out the Coliseum, but this really seems like two totally different atmospheres to see a game. Is anyone planning to go to LA to see either or both of these games? If you were to go, which do you think would be the coolest to attend?

The Rams had over 100k in season ticket deposits in one day. They sold out their games. The coliseum is a complete dump. Stub hub center is the better atmosphere but with supply and demand at a 27k stadium prices will be pretty high on the secondary market.

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

And the league can't add another game there? 

The Rams are not going to volunteer give up a home game after they already did in London in 2016. They are making plenty of revenue and would not want to take a home game away in a market they are fighting the Chargers over. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The Rams are not going to volunteer give up a home game after they already did in London in 2016. They are making plenty of revenue and would not want to take a home game away in a market they are fighting the Chargers over. 

True losing another home game would suck for them. Pretty good reason not to do it. are the Rams also involved in that deal the jags have, where they will play a home game in London until like 2019 or 2020? Or is that just the jags?

11 hours ago, Hail4Life said:

This is good to know.  My Dad is a longtime Rams fan, Mom Chargers fan, and me a Redskins fan and we all live in San Diego so whichever parent can convince me to buy them a ticket....I'm there!

On second thought...maybe I can see two Skins games this year!

gotta ask you a question bud. what is the atmosphere over there in san diego? I was planning on going this year but now moving to la I have no desire to even touch it.  I remember when the patriots were playing with Connecticut trying to get a new stadium. and it worked! this time not so.   My feeling is this is so gonna get blown up in the nfl's face due to spanos being a cheap blank blank!

The Coliseum is an absolute dump, it is an awful experience. Seats are uncomfortable and people are biligerent assholes. I luckily have a contact that gets us into the Audi boxes in the end zone, which makes it worth dealing with an otherwise depressing experience from start to finish.

It would be strange to see and NFL game in front of only 30k people in sunny weather. I'd go to that game of the two if given a choice.

Personally, a flight to Seattle, which I have done twice is a better experience. I say this as someone who was harrassed for four quarters when they knocked us out of the playoffs in 2005, as we were seated just below the damn Hawksnest. Still a fun city and a great stadium experience.

30 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Oh man, what are the chances that Skins fans make that Chargers game a home game for us? I haven't seen one person that supports the move. 

There are a lot of Skins fans the the two times I saw the Skins play in SD ('86 and '00) that could totally happen given the circumstances.

7 hours ago, kost203 said:

gotta ask you a question bud. what is the atmosphere over there in san diego? I was planning on going this year but now moving to la I have no desire to even touch it.  I remember when the patriots were playing with Connecticut trying to get a new stadium. and it worked! this time not so.   My feeling is this is so gonna get blown up in the nfl's face due to spanos being a cheap blank blank!

The atmosphere is filled with anger, sadness, and disappointment with the team moving.  I'm not a Chargers fan but I've lived in SD my entire life and even I am sad to see them go.  It just doesn't feel right knowing we won't have a football team here anymore.

Archived