Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Iiiiiiiiiiiiit's back ladies and gentlemen! 

1060.gif

758.gif

241.gif

Alright, everybody calm down and shut up now. 

First, let's talk about what this thread is going to be from here on out. Most will recall that the reason we shut down the twitter thread this season was because it became an all-encompassing mega thread that dominated the board and stifled discussion outside of it. 

That is NOT happening, again. How, you might ask? 

Well, we're going to be super strict about discussions on hot topics that either have threads or deserve new ones being discussed here. Really, anything Redskins/Football related that'd normally be discussed within The Stadium will no longer be allowed to be discussed here. 

Any of that will immediately result in your post being deleted and/or a 48 hour posting restriction. Further violations will potentially garner worse penalties. There will be no warnings outside of the verbal ones you find within this thread.

Now, this doesn't mean any and all discussion here isn't allowed. Some of the "whatnot" and more minor stuff will inevitably lead to posts here, but we want this thread to be almost exclusively tweets that people can roll through, with just a few posts here and there commenting on the minor stuff that's without a thread or undeserving of one. 

So, for example, a tweet mentions the defensive coordinator search and you'd like to comment on it? What do you do? Take it to the numerous threads on the matter, PERIOD. 

How about a tweet from some random player talking about their offseason vacation in Dubai and you'd like to comment about the time you spent there? Sure, have at it. 

If you have any doubt or are unsure if the topic is being discussed elsewhere, avoid posting. Err on the side of caution, as the Mods will be swift with the penalties here to ensure everyone gets it. It's that simple. DO NOT turn this into a thread where discussions, arguments, or debates are had. 

----------------------------------------------------

Ok, that's the big one. A few other items of importance: 

1) Hap and SWFL have volunteered and dedicated way more time to

this endeavor than any of us deserved. So we want this to be more of a joint effort from the ES community. Duplicates aren't the end of the world, just contribute if you'd like to share a tweet/s that is Redskins related and you don't think it was posted already. 

2) Remember Rule 11, don't quote pics/vids/large chunks of text. We've already stated that tweets are allowed to be quoted, but keep in mind that the rule still applies to multiple ones that take up a significant portion of the page. Don't quote a post with ten tweets because you want to comment on one. In a thread like this one  it's very important to follow this rule and avoid the clutter a lack of adherence to this rule could easily create. 

3) If you'd like to tweet a comment made by an ES poster here, there are three things you can do to ensure proper sourcing:

A)  Place the comment in quotes and then hashtag their username as well as Extremeskins (for example... "The comment made by an ES poster would go here" #Username #Extremeskins)

B ) Place the comment in quotes and then provide a link to the post (for example... "The comment made by an ES poster would go here" extremeskins.com/post...) 

C) Per TK, simply tweet the link to the post. 

4) Have fun and don't be idiots. :D 

Now let's get this thing rolling! 

So....make sure I understand correctly:

Let's say there's a tweet posted here saying we're thinking of interviewing Rex Ryan as DC.

I want to comment on it. Normally I would quote the tweet and say "Good God, NO!"

Instead, I should now find a thread about the DC search, or about Rex Ryan, and post my thought/reaction there.

So I go to one of those threads and say "Good God, NO!"

Nobody on the other thread knows WTF I'm talking about lol...

So I copy the tweet from this thread, post it on the other thread, and then say "Good God, NO!"

Or....

I see a tweet on my twitter account that was posted 30 seconds ago saying the Redskins are thinking of interviewing Rex Ryan as DC.

I copy it and, instead of posting it here, I post it on one of the other threads talking about the Redskins' DC search because I want a discussion to follow (and then say "Good God, NO!" afterwards), and just let Hap or SWFL take care of posting it here.

Or perhaps I post it both places.

I treat this thread as a tweet database.

Did I get it right? lol....

3) If you'd like to tweet a comment made by an ES poster here, there are two things you can do to ensure proper sourcing.

A)  Place the comment in quotes and then hashtag their username as well as Extremeskins (for example... "The comment made by an ES poster would go here" #Username #Extremeskins)

B ) Place the comment in quotes and then provide a link to the post (for example... "The comment made by an ES poster would go here" extremeskins.com/post...) 

Actually with Twitter's 140 character limit, the link (back to someone's original ES post) alone should be enough. 

Now, what the hell is Cali talking about? :kickcan:

@Califan007 That's a good question. In my head, I just figured we can say something like "saw a tweet posted in the twitter thread that said Redskins are interviewing Rex Ryan. Good God No!!!" 

Or something to that effect. Or you can just copy and paste it. But I figured just mentioning it would be enough. People can then go see the tweet if they want to. 

Seems hardly a month goes by in the last few seasons that Seattle doesn't benefit from a complete WHAT the HELL was THAT call at home.

#Browns announce RG3 entering concussion protocol after viewing #Dolphins Matt Moore getting creamed by #Steelers linebacker

#Lions say they felt there might be a problem after noticing #SeahawksNFL_Seav2.png sideline replay booth just an ATM machine with a curtain around it

Playoff Eli completed 52.2% of his passes for 6.8 yards/attempt and posted a 72 passer rating. Missing Playoff Coach Coughlin perhaps?

Rick Snider Retweeted WashingtonBizJournal

Has been mentioned as a potential Redskins stadium site, but only mentioned. Still, at least it has some land that is scarce.

Rick Snider added,

WashingtonBizJournal @WBJonline
BREAKING: Landmark Mall to close, setting the stage for redevelopment http://bizj.us/1p0d8o 

After John Mara cries all night #NFL announces due to #Giants pathetic showing in wild card round of playoffs, #Redskins to pay $20m cap hit

NY owner John Mara even more miffed after #Giants lackluster portrayal of a playoff team is totally ignored by Golden Globes

Dan Graziano Retweeted ironhead58

In related news, if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its butt on the ground while hopping.

Dan Graziano added,

ironhead58 @ironhead58
@DanGrazianoESPN if Giants d stops packers after they scored in 3rd game is a nail biter

27 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

PLEASE tell me that Porter was having dinner with Bieber.  (PS: I can't figre out how to delete part of this tweet, because I think it's an image. Not trying to quote large blocks of text or images... 

I don't think you can delete it at least I've never had any luck doing so.

Archived