Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter: LA Rams request permission to interview McVay for HC

UKskins

Personally won't be too disappointed if this is true. I like McVay and I wouldn't be mad if he stuck around, but the bizarre play calling, especially in the RedZone means that I won't be that upset if he leaves. He's built a decent offsense here, but I do think a better OC could have turned us into a real juggernaut this season. Yards are great but points win games. 

Did think he'd still be a couple of years away for getting these type of calls, the dude is only 30!

Interview for Rams HC job is set for Thursday according to Albert Breer.

download.png

download (1).png

7 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

McVay couldn't design a rushing attach if he had Jim Brown in his prime and the hogs to boot.  He's an aerial guy, and I just won't be that broken hearted to see him go.

He has completely abandoned Gruden's short, rhythm based, high percentage passing game though.

All we see is shotgun with looks deep.  Really frustrating.  Baby Huey sucks.

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

He has completely abandoned Gruden's short, rhythm based, high percentage passing game though.

There's plenty of blame for Gruden here too.  Dude just looks so perplexed on the sidelines at all times.  I really, really wonder whether he has the intellectual horsepower for this job.  Seems like his ceiling might have been as an O-coordinator.  He's too soft with the players; just too laid back generally.  To have this team come out flat in the big prime time games this year speaks to his inability to get these guys motivated to kill on Sunday or Monday.  It's very frustrating.

10 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

There's plenty of blame for Gruden here too.  Dude just looks so perplexed on the sidelines at all times.  I really, really wonder whether he has the intellectual horsepower for this job.  Seems like his ceiling might have been as an O-coordinator.  He's too soft with the players; just too laid back generally.  To have this team come out flat in the big prime time games this year speaks to his inability to get these guys motivated to kill on Sunday or Monday.  It's very frustrating.

I have no problem with Gruden's temperament, really.  All you can be is who you are, otherwise nobody will respect you.  I do wish he would bring in some more hard-asses to be coordinators, though.  Which is why I'm praying Baby Huey walks.  Can you imagine taking direction from that guy?  He's like 4 feet tall and doesn't even shave yet.

Tony Dungy made a living as the "nice" and laid back head coach, but he was smart enough to bring in Herm Edwards to be the bad cop.  In Tampa Herm did absolutely nothing other than scream at players, get in their faces, and threaten them constantly.  That allowed Dungy to be himself and work on the game plans.

Somebody mentioned bringing in Vrable as DC... I would LOVE that.  Dude is a grade A asshole of epic proportions.  On the offensive side, I would just look for someone who is really mean.  They don't even need to know X's and O's, Jay can take care of that.  Say what you want about good cop / bad cop but it's a tried and true strategy :) 

26 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

McVay couldn't design a rushing attach if he had Jim Brown in his prime and the hogs to boot.  He's an aerial guy, and I just won't be that broken hearted to see him go.

I personally think Callahan is 51% responsible for our ineffective running. When he came on last year, it was 100% him that did not want to use a FB and insisted on TEs .... even though all of our TEs were injured last year and we had DY sitting on the bench. 

Our run game problems started when Callahan was hired and Gruden has said Callahan gets a say in game planning. 

Just now, RedBeast said:

Callahan and Gruden? Can Callahan fill the OC slot?

I would be more than fine with that.  They are both veteran west coast guys who would be on the same page instantly

Also, their personalities are almost exact opposite.  Just what Gruden needs as his XO

2 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I personally think Callahan is 51% responsible for our ineffective running. When he came on last year, it was 100% him that did not want to use a FB and insisted on TEs .... even though all of our TEs were injured last year and we had DY sitting on the bench. 

Our run game problems started when Callahan was hired and Gruden has said Callahan gets a say in game planning. 

Legitimate question. The run blocking has been terrible over the last 2 years.

21 minutes ago, zoony said:

No more evident than yesterday. If in doubt, chuck in deep.

14 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Legitimate question. The run blocking has been terrible over the last 2 years.

Matt Jones though? Give me a young running back that can make plays. 

That was a terrible pick up. 

As, I was watching yesterday, I kept thinking, I wish the Redskins had a bruising type of fullback. 

They built the line to protect the QB. 

OL and Linebackers. Team becomes a serious contender. 

I am indifferent. At times McVay was good, at times he was bad. The difference between our redzone production gives me too much whiplash to truly want him.

Bill Callahan at OC screams mediocrity. Dallas pulled the plug on him after 2012-14, which never seemed really all that great outside of DeMarco Murray. Dude seems good at coaching, our pass protection is absolutely better than before, but I don't like the idea of him calling plays.

Archived