Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSN/SI : NFL to investigate Giants for Walkie Talkies

MarkB452

At the Cowboys’ behest, the NFL is investigating the Giants’ use of walkie-talkies on the sidelines, the New York Post reports.

The league is investigating whether or not the Giants broke the rules when head coach Ben McAdoo used the device to call plays and communicate with quarterback Eli Manning during New York’s 10–7 win over Dallas on Sunday. Manning’s headset malfunctioned in the fourth quarter, causing the Giants to switch communication methods. Dallas filed a formal request for the NFL to investigate.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-nfl-investigating-giants’-walkie-talkie-use-at-cowboys’-request/ar-AAlCoDq?ocid=iehp

I sure hope they lose a draft pick as they violated the spirit of whatever rule that is....

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not even getting my hopes up with this, but my God would it be awesome if they got nailed.... For a few seconds at least, before you realize that it won't come close to the great train robbery of 2012

Dungy said either before or during the game that if the Giants are only hit with a fine, then that would send a bad message. And he said he knows if he was still coaching he would be lined up outside the NFL offices, wanting to know why a stronger message wasn't sent.

He said what they did was a big no no. And that teams are given a memo before the season, outlining what you can and can't do, regarding communication. And that using walkie-talkies are a clear violation. 

8 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Dungy said either before or during the game that if the Giants are only hit with a fine, then that would send a bad message. And he said he knows if he was still coaching he would be lined up outside the NFL offices, wanting to know why a stronger message wasn't sent.

He said what they did was a big no no. And that teams are given a memo before the season, outlining what you can and can't do, regarding communication. And that using walkie-talkies are a clear violation. 

Good post. But it's the Giants. I'm sure ol Roger and Mara will fine Dallas for questioning them.

9 hours ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

Well I guess Tony had better head on over to the league office...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18301290/new-york-giants-fined-walkie-talkie-use-sources-say

Is anyone honestly surprised? The Giants pretty much get to do whatever they want.

The joke is about a romantic relationship to explain the obvious bias. A joke that's been made God knows how many times through history. That it's between two men is just a detail of the joke, not THE joke. If you took that to be the main point, and a negative point at that, you might want to worry more about your own crap and less about mine (which is telling a bad joke--nothing more, nothing less--and hardly worth highlighting and calling out). 

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have to defend myself against crap like that. And besides personal reasons, diluting the accusation lessens the reality. Just no 

**** John Mara. Carry on.-

The lack of severe punishment will be justified by the league office by saying, "It was only for four plays." If Jack Del Rio had done this, would the punishment be the same? The reason I bring up Jack is because the tenuous relationship the Raiders have had with the league and Jack hasn't been punished before for anything.

On 18/12/2016 at 7:47 AM, Ray-Ban Dan said:

The Giants just break the rule.

They DID NOT break the spirit of the rule.

See the difference?

Archived