Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Conflict of Interest Thread: Shearing the Sheep

LadySkinsFan

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

You totally and completely missed the point. He has said over and over again this is what he will do and no one believes his kids taking over will remove the conflict of interest. I guess I should have been more clear in saying why is a Trump text about this breaking news

in any way.  It's all just more BS from Trump that the media sucks up. 

You're right,  i did miss the point.   My bad. 

""The contract between GSA and the Trump Organization specifically says that no elected official of the United States government shall be party to, share in, or benefit from the contract," he says, citing clause 37.19 of the contract.

That clause reads:

"No member or delegate to Congress, or elected official of the Government of the United States or the Government of the District of Columbia, shall be admitted to any share or part of this Lease or to any benefit that may arise therefrom."

Schooner says the GSA should terminate the lease before Trump becomes president."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/29/503740464/law-professor-trump-cant-hold-lease-on-his-hotel-near-white-house

It'll be interesting to see if anything happens.

3 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

""The contract between GSA and the Trump Organization specifically says that no elected official of the United States government shall be party to, share in, or benefit from the contract," he says, citing clause 37.19 of the contract.

That clause reads:

"No member or delegate to Congress, or elected official of the Government of the United States or the Government of the District of Columbia, shall be admitted to any share or part of this Lease or to any benefit that may arise therefrom."

Schooner says the GSA should terminate the lease before Trump becomes president."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/29/503740464/law-professor-trump-cant-hold-lease-on-his-hotel-near-white-house

It'll be interesting to see if anything happens.

Feh! Facts again! We doan need no steenkin faks!

Trump owns bonds in United Technologies, according to his financial disclosure form. It's on, page 45, item 122 as reported here.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/12/02/carrier-taxpayer-handout-trump-owns-stock-parent-company.html

You can download Trump's financial statement from a link in this article.

We can expect more conflicts of interest. Fascism by definition.

29 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Got proof that is what she was doing?  wouldn't surprise me but I'm skeptical of anything from.......well anyone.

I read it as she sat in on the call during the timeframe where she was also, separately, finalizing the deal... not that she was finalizing the deal as part of the phone call.

Archived