Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCloughan speaks loudly without a splash

Burgold

How can you not like these first 3 picks? For the first time in years we didn't draft players b/c of who they are..we finally drafted players that we NEEDED!!!Championship teams are built around great OL/Dlines and then he traded down to get more picks!!! That is smart and way over due for the Washington Redskins.SM has done an amazing job the first 3 rds I haven't been this excited for a long time.

I'll hope for the best, but I'll wait and see what McCloughan does in future drafts once he gets "his" guys in the scouting department. Usually when new GMs brought from outside come into a new organization they rework the scouting departments right after the draft. They'd do it right away, but the guys there have already done a ton of legwork during that college season.

I'm actually not going to go be too excited or disappointed with these picks.

The thing I want to see, is how is the organization run, and can we spot an overall vision or pattern to his style of team-building. With FA and and a little sample of his first draft, I think he's got us moving in a very positive direction.

So, it seems that McCloughin wasn't kidding when he said he likes size and power. Shanny really liked getting captains. McCloughin based on picks one through three seems that he wants big guys. Big tackle, big linebacker, and big back.  Sort of the anti-Shanny.

These guys aren't going to finesse you. They'll pop you in the jaw.

He's sure been true to his word. He wants to create a certain identity and its clear he doesn't want a team soft at the core.

Tell you what---IMO, the UK ES contingent may be the most American-football-smart small demographic we have on ES.

For Pete's sake don't tell GHH I said that---he'll think it's all about him!

You know, as an out of market fan, I often find myself watching the games on an... indirect broadcast. Of those broadcasts, I've found myself enjoying the commentary from Sky Sports.

Jones looks like a talented player, I'm just wondering why did Scot selected him in the 3rd while his draft projection was 5-6 ?

I hope he'll stay healthy.

I like the trade back scenario, and I bet Scot is going to get us the hidden gems in the 4th and 5th.

It was the right pick. Maybe it wasn't the flashy pick in Williams that a number of negative Nancys on this board were hoping for, but I felt unusually comfortable and giddy about the Scherrf pick. Admittedly, though, I'm on the fence with Jones. I think we could have waited to draft him later.

So about that thread. I like it. Trading a third for a third, fourth, fifth, and sixth seems like an excellent value as far as dice throwing goes. Now, admittedly our 3rd was almost a second and the Seahawks' third was basically a fourth, but still... that's a lot of picks that hopefully gives us more chances to get those special teamers and diamonds in the raw.

I do wonder if he and the Seahawks had this trade planned on Wednesday? After all, it is funny that McCloughan said he'd like to have ten pics or so and voila! Anyway, I suspect the values work out and it's not insanely in our favor (draft chart value-wise), but sliding down for three picks feels like a win.

Okay, first draft is in the bank and the question now is two fold. What message did McCloughan deliver and two) did the scouts do enough to keep their jobs or should Scott look for their replacements?

2) No way to tell from where we sit, however Scott has spent time with them talking football and football prospects so in this sense 'in Scott I trust'.  He has the knowledge and personal wherewithall to know when someone is talking football or talking ****. 

1) His BPA includes 'can he out man his guy one on one'.  We win **** when we our team does that for as much as we talk OL, when we win our D beats the snot out of you as much as the OL does.  The message is 'The Redskins will be winning more games.

I'm not giddy or excited about it.  the natural order is being restored.

ETA Re: the scouts, like the players have been told, the message has been consistent from Scott, 'impress me or I will find someone who does'.  And he has a track record of actually doing that.

**** every other team in the NFL, not just Dallas :)

Okay, first draft is in the bank and the question now is two fold. What message did McCloughan deliver and two) did the scouts do enough to keep their jobs or should Scott look for their replacements?

Nothing earth-shattering but a couple of things I take away:

1: SMac's trades to aquire 10 picks tell us how he feels about the roster he inherited

2: ST's are the biggest concern right now.

3: I think the scouting dept gets an overhaul for 2016

I'd be shocked if several people don't get pink slips.

Nothing earth-shattering but a couple of things I take away:

1: SMac's trades to aquire 10 picks tell us how he feels about the roster he inherited

2: ST's are the biggest concern right now.

3: I think the scouting dept gets an overhaul for 2016

I think the big take away was that McCloughan thought that the 'skins were a little doughy as opposed to Doughty. He added size and muscle more than anything.  The intriguing thing might be a muscle up front with Jackson and other speedsters outside. Think of all those body blows and teams having to creep up to take on the run and then the deep side opening up.

Scott is building the team from the inside out. I think he did a great job in his first draft with the skins. We will see how the picks pan out. Once our yearly draft grade thread is posted I will post my evolution of each pick and give my overall draft grade.

Got to admit I love that misspelling. Frankly, I hope all of our picks have the potential to evolve.

I hope Scott gets the chance to build the team.  Another doubl-digit loss season and Snyder may go after a big name again. Someone who will want full control & Snyder won't hesitate to do that.

Scott has some long odds, regarding a long term stint with us.

The Skins have major question marks at head coach and QB.  IF those answers end up being in the negative for 2015; who knows how Snyder reacts.  I don't trust him to let Scott pick the next coach and then find our franchise QB; should Robert fail again.

I hope Scott gets the chance to build the team.  Another doubl-digit loss season and Snyder may go after a big name again. Someone who will want full control & Snyder won't hesitate to do that.

Scott has some long odds, regarding a long term stint with us.

The Skins have major question marks at head coach and QB.  IF those answers end up being in the negative for 2015; who knows how Snyder reacts.  I don't trust him to let Scott pick the next coach and then find our franchise QB; should Robert fail again.

I'm one of those most patient people with snyder & co. but I would be absolutely livid if they don't give SM at least 3-4 years or at least the same amount of time he gave the Cerrato abomination campaign.

I'm one of those most patient people with snyder & co. but I would be absolutely livid if they don't give SM at least 3-4 years or at least the same amount of time he gave the Cerrato abomination campaign.

Scots going nowhere, unless its of his own doing.

He's clearly running the show based on this draft.

Archived