Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

I think the big problem I see with the claim (granted, I've only read the small portion that was quoted here) is the way the article jumps directly from "the Dems aren't interested in propping up the coal industry" to "therefore they don't care about growing the economy". 

Just because someone doesn't support some industries, does not automatically mean they're opposed to all economic growth.  (Or all working class workers.) 

I've been seeing that theme a lot, last few weeks.  The notion that "the Dems have abandoned the working class".  I don't think it's true. 

I think you can argue that they haven't done enough.  That maybe they haven't actually passed a whole lot, or even that, when they couldn't pass things, that they didn't even try that hard.  But I absolutely think that one of the Parties is a whole lot better for the working class than the other.  (Frankly, that's the main reason why I vote for that one, now days.) 

Another poll showing huge convention bounce for Hillary. +7 bounce in new CBS poll.

Really bad week for Drumpf. He finally gained ground on Hillary but is steeply trending down again. It didn't help that he got practically no meaningful bounce from his disastrous convention.

The electronic poll booths in Hampton Roads are not connected to the internet, and the results are printed from each individual machine to be sent to the district's election headquarters. A hack would have to occur at the location of manufacturing before the polling machines got to us.

I can't speak for other states.

Does anyone remember the Diebold issues? 

I will fully admit that I blocked the Bush presidency with Jager, but I remember the problem, just not the details.

He's still trying to change the subject. Khan talked about service and sacrifice. How Trump has never served or sacrificed for his country. So, who is he to judge the beliefs of some that have, or place them with those who wish to do us harm? 

From 20 min ago

@realDonaldTrump
This story is not about Mr. Khan, who is all over the place doing interviews, but rather RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM and the U.S. Get smart!

I think the biggest question for Trump supporters will become this. What degree of arse-dom can you support. You can hold you nose only so long before you pass out.

Hillary requires nose pinching too, but at least you feel comfortable breathing with Hillary. The smell might be bad, but at least the air isn't toxic.

He's still trying to change the subject. Khan talked about service and sacrifice. How Trump has never served or sacrificed for his country. So, who is he to judge the beliefs of some that have, or place them with those who wish to do us harm? 

From 20 min ago

Heck, Trump is the one who made it about the Khan's when he went after his wife.

So now TheDonald is whining about the debate schedule? Who didn't see this coming?

And attempting to claim that the NFL supports said whining. 

He's double-talked himself straight into hell about "a relationship with Putin".   I honestly don't know how much deeper he can dig...or if it would matter. 

I think the biggest question for Trump supporters will become this. What degree of arse-dom can you support. You can hold you nose only so long before you pass out.

Hillary requires nose pinching too, but at least you feel comfortable breathing with Hillary. The smell might be bad, but at least the air isn't toxic.

Heck, Trump is the one who made it about the Khan's when he went after his wife.

To me it's never really about the candidate personally as much as the people around them, the tone of their administration and what they actually want to accomplish (as opposed to what they claim during the campaign).

There are people around TheDonald that flat out terrify me, that are WAY goofier than Trump on his worst day and they'll have free rein as long as they give Donny his daily dose of flattery. I see the people around Hillary and think, "Ok, they'll temper and help her", she will have competent, qualified members of her administration.

Whether he wins or not, the GOP is solidly a Trump-philosophy party now. If he wins, that gets further solidified. If he loses, he's going to blame all the establishment people who gave him lukewarm support and rebuked his insanity when it got too crazy. And if there is any evidence yet, it's basically that Trump can say whatever the hell he wants and majority of the GOP base does not give a ****. In fact, he's applauded and cheered on.

Can fiscal conservatives find a home in the socially liberal Libertarian party? Remains to be seen. Are there really enough conservatives who don't give a **** about abortion and gay rights and just want to vote for severely limiting government power?

What is stopping anti-Trump Groups/Pacs/etc from trying to bait him into nothing but fights? I think that's what's happening with Mark Cuban. Probably Bloomberg too.

McCain: Trump defamed Kahn, does not represent GOP

Sen. John McCain accused Donald Trump of defaming Khizr Khan and argued the Republican presidential candidate does not represent the GOP.

"While our Party has bestowed upon him the nomination, it is not accompanied by unfettered license to defame those who are the best among us," McCain said in a statement Monday.
Trump's criticism of Khan after he spoke from the stage of the Democratic convention last week resurrected the billionaire developer's past comments accusing McCain of not being a war hero because he was captured in Vietnam.

"I cannot emphasize enough how deeply I disagree with Mr. Trump's statement. I hope Americans understand that the remarks do not represent the views of our Republican Party, its officers, or candidates," McCain, who has previously announced he supports Trump for president, said Monday.

more from link.

Here is the thing, John. He does represent the GOP. There was a primary and votes. 

However....you COULD leave with like minded GOPers and start something less extremist and obstructionist. Be the father of a new party. That could be a cool gig.

@realDonaldTrump
So with all of the Obama tough talk on Russia and the Ukraine, they have already taken Crimea and continue to push. That's what I said!

Most def not what he said.

I'm becoming a broken record about this, but I think it's a mistake to think that the vast majority of Trump's supporters see any need to hold their nose over anything he says. They are enthusiastically cheering on his attacks on Mexicans and Muslims. That's what they like most about him.

I don't think the realization has truly set in for most liberals that Trump's supporters hate Muslims. Their attitudes towards them are similar to the attitudes that White Supremacists had towards black people in the 20's and 30's. Even the more middle of the road ones who aren't virulently bigoted against Muslims still fear, distrust, and dislike them. They can't stand the thought of a Muslim like Mr. Kahn getting out of his place and attacking Trump and will latch onto any attack against Kahn that anybody will offer.

Not only is 40% of Trump's twitter support a bunch of fake accounts, but it seems like his comments section are being padded as well.

Wasn't a super PAC paying for Hillary supporters to battle Bernies people online as well? I think remember reading that.

So I guess the point is, how do I become a paid online shill?

Wasn't a super PAC paying for Hillary supporters to battle Bernies people online as well? I think remember reading that.

So I guess the point is, how do I become a paid online shill?

Yeah it was something called Correct the Record, but their activity has been kind of hard to spot (although I have my suspicions on a few left wing sites). They do a pretty good job of blending in. For instance, twitter audit for Hillary shows that fake accounts supporting her are around 10% of her total follower base (compared to Trump's 40%).

Trump's paid online shills seem much less sophisticated than Hillary's.

Yeah it was something called Correct the Record, but their activity has been kind of hard to spot (although I have my suspicions on a few left wing sites). They do a pretty good job of blending in. For instance, twitter audit for Hillary shows that fake accounts supporting her are around 10% of her total follower base (compared to Trump's 40%).

Trump's paid online shills seem much less sophisticated than Hillary's.

Trump probably hired shills from outside the country to save some cash. Hillary's PAC hired less but they hired 100% exceptional American millennials. American workers are the best in the world, second to none.

Astroturfing huge numbers of people is hard.  You'll either have to computer generate them, in which case you'll periodically end up with a grammatically incorrect mess that gives the game away, or you have to handcraft them, which requires duplication because you can only write so many unique support messages.

To expand upon the Mean Girls gif, I don't think *most* of Trump's supporters have a limit on what they'll stomach from him at this point.  Maybe some still have limits that haven't quite been reached, possibly because they've only just started paying attention, but I think most of his supporters are in all the way.

The people who contemplated Trump but couldn't take his absurdity have probably sorted themselves into 3 broad categories:

- Undecided/not going to vote

- Hillary

- 3rd party

Where you end up within those 3 likely depends on the intersection of your views on 1) Hillary and 2) the value of your vote to any outcome.

Unless you fall into that small percentage that really, truly, honestly loves Gary Johnson's message.  I don't doubt they exist, I just think it's about 2% of the population.

I'm becoming a broken record about this, but I think it's a mistake to think that the vast majority of Trump's supporters see any need to hold their nose over anything he says. They are enthusiastically cheering on his attacks on Mexicans and Muslims. That's what they like most about him.

I don't think the realization has truly set in for most liberals that Trump's supporters hate Muslims. Their attitudes towards them are similar to the attitudes that White Supremacists had towards black people in the 20's and 30's. Even the more middle of the road ones who aren't virulently bigoted against Muslims still fear, distrust, and dislike them. They can't stand the thought of a Muslim like Mr. Kahn getting out of his place and attacking Trump and will latch onto any attack against Kahn that anybody will offer.

I think stuff like this leads to that type of mindset.  I don't think most Americans want this, I know some do.

Archived