Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Cosmos" tv show with Neil deGrasse Tyson 2014

steveo21

Love Tyson. Don't quite understand the trailer though. Is this supposed to a sci-fi fiction?

Tyson is the man so I hope that he isn't selling out.

Yea, the preview is confusing.

Don't worry though. It is not sci-fi, it is a science show based on the very popular PBS mini-series Cosmos from the 80s. It is a joint FOX and National Geographic production.

It should be good.

The original series was done by Carl Sagan. :)

And I was guaranteed sleep every Friday afternoon as a freshman in HS...World History class. :P  

Won't happen with Tyson, I actually understand some of what he's explaining, lol.

*Has anyone ever seen him bash Jon Stewart because the globe over his head on TDS spins in the wrong direction?*

Looks like a good show.

I saw him tell Stewart their globe spins backwards, and the next time they had him on they put together a real cheesy opening with a video of some guy spinning a globe the right way.

~Bang

*Has anyone ever seen him bash Jon Stewart because the globe over his head on TDS spins in the wrong direction?*

I saw him tell Stewart their globe spins backwards, and the next time they had him on they put together a real cheesy opening with a video of some guy spinning a globe the right way.

~Bang

Haha, yeah, it was good stuff. The first time he told Stewart it was like someone had kicked his puppy.

Tyson is my favorite Science guy. Love his work. He has given the best argument for global warming I have heard

He was on a talk sow and they asked him about it and he said forget what I have to say or anyone else has to say. Look and see what nature is telling us. Then he went on to list weather, temps, animal and insect behavior over past 50 years and asked what is that telling us. It was real interesting on how animal and insect behavior has changed

Love Tyson. Don't quite understand the trailer though. Is this supposed to a sci-fi fiction?

Tyson is the man so I hope that he isn't selling out.

Yea, the preview is confusing.

Don't worry though. It is not sci-fi, it is a science show based on the very popular PBS mini-series Cosmos from the 80s. It is a joint FOX and National Geographic production.

It should be good.

Ok good. I'm in!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This one was a lot of fun.

http://voiceofrussia.com/us/2014_03_25/Creationists-Find-No-Home-in-Cosmos-1120/

Creationists Find No Home in “Cosmos”
9cosmos.jpg

Photo credit: © Thinkstock/forplayday

By Andrew Hiller

WASHINGTON (VR) – In the beginning, there was conflict about whether atoms or arguments set the universe in motion. One key component of the human debate has frequently played out between ethos and logos, faith and proof, science and religion.

0Even in the 21st Century, this debate often rears its head. In Kentucky, at the Creationism Museum, there is a serious attempt to reconcile history including dinosaurs with religious teachings. Now, a new page is being turned because of the re-launch of the Carl Sagan show “Cosmos,” now featuring Neil de Grasse Tyson.

0Some in the religious spectrum are denouncing his show not because of its heresy, but because he hasn't been "fair." He hasn't given equal time to religious theories, specifically creationist theories, on his program.

0USC Professor of Law Jody Armour

I know right. I thought Armour gave a pretty good smack down on the movement and defense of the scientific method versus religion and the idea of place and time.  I just wish my show, the Prism, had that kind of budget/support.... sigh

Archived