Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, Renegade7 said:

Has LeBron ever played with someone that was as good or better then him at distributing the basketball?  I just think he's too much of a passive aggressive ego maniac to allow this to stay John Wall's team, and our franchise doesn't have the type of culture to survive that kind of tension.  He might do that for Popovich, but he's not going to do that for Scott Brooks.

If Lebron signed with the Wizards, Wall should agree to carry his bags at the airport.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You get to make a two star team and can have any two players in the NBA except not both of LeBron and Durant.  Who do you take?

I'd go Durant and Kawhi.

If this is a keeper league I go Giannis and Brow.

I agree with Durant and Kawhi for the short term.  Keeper?  Maybe Kristaps and Giannis, just to gamble on youth. 

The NBA became the first year-round league because of the internet. (great article as we are about to lose Net Neutrality)

The NBA Internet began on message boards and in forums where people who cared about the minutiae of the sport gathered to form communities and debate the topics of the day in a media landscape that cared little for such conversations.

Many of these early groups such as the APBR (Association for Professional Basketball Research) were inclined toward analytics. Others, like the Free Darko collective were more interested in narrative arcs of individual players. There were also solo geniuses like the great Doc Funk who mined the collective absurdity of the sport for laughs and in-jokes; creating the template for what we came to know later as memes.

While lacking traditional media credibility, the basketball Internet OGs were invested in the sport to an overwhelming degree, which carried its own form of authenticity. What they had in common with one another was that they were fans of the league, as opposed to carrying a strict devotion for any one particular team. They also shared an appreciation for the players themselves.

This is a critical distinction because the NBA has always struggled with the idea of competitive parity. Only a handful of teams led by a small concentration of stars are able to truly compete for a championship and they tend to stay constant for several years.

If a sport can’t sell an unpredictable result, it needs another hook to draw people to the game. What it needs are stars, each with their own distinct personalities and narrative arcs, and that has allowed the NBA to prosper as a cultural entity as much as a sports league. It’s a symbiotic relationship between the league and its players.

https://www.sbnation.com/a/sports-year-in-review-2017/the-nba-season-never-ends

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

From Deadspin.com

Luka Doncic is an 18-year-old Slovenian who plays for Real Madrid in the Euroleague; a 6-foot-8 do-everything phenom; a feverishly touted 2018 prospect; and a bad, bad man. Just look at what he inflicted on poor Victor Claver in today’s game versus FC Barcelona.

Watching that guy force his defender into early retirement in disgrace got me thinking, how do we rank on court humiliations?  The kind that happen in game, not punches thrown or anything.  Getting put on skates like that has to be worse than just getting dunked on right? 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Watching that guy force his defender into early retirement in disgrace got me thinking, how do we rank on court humiliations?  The kind that happen in game, not punches thrown or anything.  Getting put on skates like that has to be worse than just getting dunked on right? 

I think it depends on who is dunking on who and how much authority the dunk with.  Like the Pippen over Ewing dunk comes to mind, just knocked him on his ass and stood over him.

Image result for pippen dunk on ewing animated gif

But that was one nasty ankle breaker by Doncic.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I think the top of the scale is Bill Robinzine. When a dunk shatters the backboard and you run for your life to avoid injury and then you get immortalized in a poem....that's tough to beat.

If it's a 5-point scale

5. Dawkins on Robinzine

4. Pippen on Ewing

3. Lebron on Jason Terry

Didn't Vince Carter send someone into the second row once?

I felt like Kemp looked for dudes to jump over in his early years.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother