Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

11 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Only beef I have with it is that its only 13 episodes and the original 24 was 24 1 hour episodes of what took place in one day.  Should have just called it 13 .....

Well, this is America, so it's only fitting that the black lead gets only 60% of what we gave the white dude...

Finally!!  After nearly 3 years, Season 2 of "The Missing" is coming to STARZ (BBC originally)!!!  First season was some of the best television I've seen in years.  Season 1 is at 97% on rottentomatoes, and award winning performances by Frances O'Connor and James Nesbitt. One of the most criminally underrated shows out there.

Season 2 is a different family, different mystery, same detective.  David Morrissey (Governor from TWD), Keeley Hawes, Tcheky Kayro.  

THIS SUNDAY!!!!!

http://collider.com/the-missing-season-2-review/

the-missing-season-2-image-4.jpg

Edited by Chew

On 2/7/2017 at 2:48 AM, TK said:

APB - Think of it as what if Tony Stark never made the Iron Man armor & ran a Chicago police precinct instead. 

I tried watching the pilot and got bored. You just know its gonna end up being another cliche police procedural and the cute latina cop will end up hooking up with the billionaire guy.

5 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Jane the Virgin with the twist of the season. Actually wasn't a twist. The Good Place still has the best twist I've seen this year. 

I thought so until I finished Westworld. Actually Westworld had TWO big plot twists.

Lol, The Good Place twist was interesting, but I thought they

Spoiler

were all bad in the first couple of episodes because all the main characters seemed so flawed compared to what they were supposed to be.  (Michael seemed pretty strange too).  By the time the twist came around though I had bought into the storyline.

Edited by visionary

Magicians was really good tonight, although it felt more like a season finale.  It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.  

Spoiler

I kind of wished they hadn't killed some of my favorite characters though.  The Beast was pretty entertaining this season and I liked Marina a lot too. 

Edited by visionary

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Lol, The Good Place twist was interesting, but I thought they

Reveal hidden contents

were all bad in the first couple of episodes because all the main characters seemed so flawed compared to what they were supposed to be.  (Michael seemed peettt strange too).  By the time the twist came around though I had bought into the storyline.

I thought the same. I thought it was a plot hole but made sense at the end. 

On 2/9/2017 at 11:23 AM, Riggo-toni said:

I really miss the super hot babe from the first season of Magicians.

On 2/9/2017 at 11:24 AM, visionary said:

I think she'll be back at some point.

On 2/9/2017 at 11:55 AM, Riggo-toni said:

I hope so, cuz...damn.

Julia (Stella Maeve) isn't hot enough for you? But yeah, IMDB shows Kady (Jade Tailor) in S2 episodes. 

Tbf, this show has ridiculously hot females. Even "cold hearted ****" from House looks good as the teacher/librarian these days. 

Also..Magicians spoiler. Don't read if you don't want to know. 

Spoiler

Alice isn't dead. Just this version of her. The show isn't following the books per se, but that has been confirmed by the acress.

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 2/8/2017 at 11:50 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Anyone watched Riverdale yet?  Is it just another teen drama/soap? 

Riverdale

Yeah, I quoted myself.  So after doing a little research, I decided to give this show a try.  Episode 3 came on last night and the first two are not available on demand or Hulu, but can be watched on the CW website.  Anyhow, it's based on the Archie comic book characters (Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica, etc.) and the town it takes place in, Riverdale.

I didn't read a lot of Archie comics when I was a kid, but remember them being just sappy teenage stuff with some humor here and there.  Well, the characters are in high school, but it's a lot darker than the comics/cartoons.  It's a crime/drama/mystery using the characters in modern times.  I enjoyed the first episode, so I'm gonna stick with it for a while.

Emerald City

My parents actually recommended this to me.  It's based on the Wizard of Oz, but it's not a kids show.  Its very dark and more violent than the movie.  It follows the general format of the movie with some added twists.  Pretty good show.  All episodes are available on demand and Hulu.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

Started catching up on Season 2 of Colony earlier after finding out it was 5 shows in & the DVR only started recording it last week. That's the problem when you have to switch out your DVR box, you have to reprogram every show you're recording & hope you don't miss any. Otherwise you're stuck having to catch up using InDemand which on Cox Cable has ads & your can't FF through them. 

On 2/7/2017 at 7:06 PM, youngchew said:

Finally!!  After nearly 3 years, Season 2 of "The Missing" is coming to STARZ (BBC originally)!!!  First season was some of the best television I've seen in years.  

Season 1 is at 97% on rottentomatoes

Season 2 at 100% on Rotten so far from top critics.  Please do yourselves the favor and watch this show.  :)