steveo21

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t know. All the hype and buildup and it’s basicslly 2 minutes of Glenn dumpster bull**** only to find out the guy that wrecked this show is now going to make twd movies with Rick grimes.

hollup....wut?

Was this discussed on Talking Dead or an interview or something?

AMC following in the foot steps of other networks that are trying to milk more money out of their viewers.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah. They are continuing Rick's story with 3 TWD movies that will air exclusively on AMC

:rolleyes:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

AMC following in the foot steps of other networks that are trying to milk more money out of their viewers.  

In addition the the Rick Grimes movies or whatever they talked about on TD, they also mentioned different series and formats (longer and shorter), different places ("all around the world"), different timelines (past, current, and future), among other things, so this would seem like a pretty accurate statement. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

In addition the the Rick Grimes movies or whatever they talked about on TD, they also mentioned different series and formats (longer and shorter), different places ("all around the world"), different timelines (past, current, and future), among other things, so this would seem like a pretty accurate statement. 

Maybe it is just me, but it feels like they waited too long to do this.  The audience for the show has been falling off for awhile now, so doubling (tripling....?) down on the property seems like over saturation at this point.  Season 4/5/6 era would have been better.....plus they have tried this with FTWD, and while I am a defender of that show, especially the last couple of seasons, it is clear the audience for TWD isn't going to necessarily transfer to expanded universe stuff.  I suppose AMC is banking on the character of Rick Grimes specifically?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Maybe it is just me, but it feels like they waited too long to do this.  The audience for the show has been falling off for awhile now, so doubling (tripling....?) down on the property seems like over saturation at this point.  Season 4/5/6 era would have been better.....plus they have tried this with FTWD, and while I am a defender of that show, especially the last couple of seasons, it is clear the audience for TWD isn't going to necessarily transfer to expanded universe stuff.  I suppose AMC is banking on the character of Rick Grimes specifically?

Yeah, it might have the opposite effect of what they intend, especially if whatever they come up with is on par with where the show has been the past few seasons. Even some die-hards might get pissed if it seems like they're putting out mediocre stuff just to make more money. I did think the other areas around the world stuff could be potentially interesting. I'm pretty sure they mentioned France specifically, so who knows... maybe those shows will gain a big following overseas, even if Americans lose interest.

I like that Rick said he wanted to leave the show last year....cause I wanted him dead before it was over.

On 11/6/2018 at 12:52 PM, twa said:

I like that Rick said he wanted to leave the show last year....cause I wanted him dead before it was over.

Except he didn't die.  Open ended for a future return possibly?  Or tied into those 3 Rick movies.

Yeah that last episode was dumb.  This show is dumb.  I feel dumb for sticking with it for so long.

All the visions were just a way for TWD to bring back old memorable characters for nostalgia’s sake.  They didn’t really serve any purpose.  Then, Rick takes out the bridge and sacrifices himself.  This is after decades of Rick and co annihilating armies of walkers.  Whatever.

But of course he’s not dead cause then how else could AMC squeeze a dollar out of a nickel with this show any more.  Rescued and never heard from again... except for the movies!  Idiots.

And now we have all sorts of random characters, no main lead, the ****.  And the walkers are finally getting smarter?  They are pulling this **** like 6 seasons too late.  Jesus this show and the people who write it are dumb.

I don’t care to keep up with it any longer.

• Haha 1

Daryl, Michonne and ...Jesus are the main leads now. And Judith and Negan. 

The bridge exploding wasnt shot well. Why was there dynamite on the bridge again? It’s like a video game where there are exploding barrels all over and enemies love using them for cover

Rick was well past the wooden part of the bridge. The wooden part is still there after the explosion. So how the hell did he end up in the water? 

71B3C2BE-D76A-49E5-8CEF-91051A462600.png

02B7B175-F98B-45DE-82C6-88E2A9E890D0.png

Because the show is dumb.  It’s like a show shot by Michael Bay.

Also.  I never cared about Michonne.  Daryl is a cuck.  Jesus is meh.  And who the **** is Judith?  She’s supposed to be some badass child actor?  Yeah, that’ll go well (not).

Edited by Springfield

Only thing I can think of is the blast blew him over the side and he fell into the river OF BURNING, BUT STILL ABLE TO BITE, WALKERS

The blast clearly flung him into a treetop which then catapulted him in the river....simple physics.