Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Grandpa just passed away

HoggLife

I was told yesterday my Grandpa had 2 weeks to a month to live. Then I got a call a half hour ago that he passed. He was 81 years old and lived a wonderful life. The most happy person you could meet and always cracking jokes and playing pranks. RIP Papa we will love you and miss you!:(

Thank you all. I dont see it as a loss. For me 81 is a long life for a Man and its hard to see people at the end of their lives when they are going thru pain and life is hard on them. I am happy that he is in a better place now and not in pain. He was such a great man. He was in the Navy and believe he served during World War 2 and was shot in the back. But he wasnt crippled or hurting from it. I remember when I was my sons age and I would make my Papa take me on endless walks around the block. I have 8 cousins and when we were kids he would try and trick us all into eating chili peppers. He would offer us money to eat them. I was the only cousin to fall for it and I fell for it a lot. Then I would be at the kitchen faucet and my Grandma would be cussing him out and yelling at him in spanish. I also have my 1st football memories with my Papa. He was a 49er fan and I would sit on his lap and watch the games with him. We would bet 10 cents on the game and even when I lost he would pay me the 10 cents. That was enough to buy a couple candies at 7/11 back then. One time I was visiting my Grandparents and me and my 2 older brothers walked down to the pizza parlor and we wanted to play video games but didnt have money. I told them " Just ask Papa, He's rich". Of course I am human and sad today but I will celebrate his life and be happy for him. Thanks all for your support. The ES family is always there for each other and there is always someone here to lean on if you need help. Thanks all!

Sorry to hear that, man.

I lost my grandpa when I was just starting high school, and it was rough because he and my grandma lived with me and my family as long as I'd been alive, so he was like my second dad. He was diagnosed with lung cancer that had metastasized to his brain, so they gave him about 3 months because he was 87. He fortunately ended up lasting for 6, but it was still an extremely tough time.

The thing I do is I always remember the great lessons he taught me, and sometimes I can see him in my dreams or randomly pick up a hint of how he smelled or imagine what it felt like to hug him. My advice to you is to NOT push those memories and feelings away because of the pain. Hold on to them and make sure to honor his memory and live life the way he would have wanted you to. It's not easy to do and I know you're going through a lot right now.

Keep your head up and remember the best times you had and hold on to them. PM me if you need any advice or just need to talk. My prayers are with your family during this time.

Im sorry for your loss bro, I only have one grandfather and I'm lucky he is still with us. Literally, he was supposed to have died at least 3 times now, but the last time, I told him he was going to be a great granddad and he perked up and made it. Unfortunately, my Grandmother didn't make it, she was 93. It sucks but they are in a better place bro.

Sorry to hear that man. Always remember the good times, he will be in your heart forever. My grandpa died a couple years ago at the age of 96. I loved him so much, and I was sad for a couple weeks. But now when I think of him I smile and think of all the wonderful moments we shared. He was a great person, as I'm sure your grandfather was.

RIP and condolences brother.

I know the feeling my grandfather passed away 3 years ago yesterday...it is hard for the first couple of months. The pain gets better, but you never stop thinking about him. Little things will happen in your life and it will spark a memory of him. I am sorry that this happened to you and your family. Much love.....He is in a better place.

Archived