Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Still not getting FOX. Unable to watch Portugal match. Probably last straw for me and DirecTV

Did you try telemundo? (if you have it)  That's what I've been watching on.

Edited by visionary

16 minutes ago, FrFan said:

As I said before the refs favoring Portugal/CR7. That should have been a red.

I've noticed you leave decisions that go against teams you don't like out of your daily gripes about officiating. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Haha 1

Just now, Berggy9598 said:

I've noticed you leave decision that go against teams you don't like are left out of your daily griping about officiating. 

That elbow from CR7 deserved a red, wanna talk about the PK that wasn't awarded to the Swedes too ?

Damn it, I really like Uruguay and despise Spains brand of soccer and was really hoping that was going to be the round of 16 matchup so Uruguay could send them packing. That was a beautiful corner though and capped off by a fantastic finish.

That is not a red card by Ronaldo. A foolish play that could come back and get him before the cards are reset so he might get a match down the line, but that wasn't worth a red.

Edited by Zazzaro703

58 minutes ago, FrFan said:

That elbow from CR7 deserved a red, wanna talk about the PK that wasn't awarded to the Swedes too ?

The penalty awarded to Iran was an error too and no I don't I'm enjoying the games and I could care less about analyzing and griping about every single call. 

13 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

The penalty awarded to Iran was an error too and no I don't I'm enjoying the games and I could care less about analyzing and griping about every single call. 

Every single play ! :ols: Just ranting about the Mafifa which is still finding a way to fix games to the dtriment of the "weaker" nations. How many times did you witness a "weaker" nation winning a WC game or advancing due to an officiating mistake ? How many times did you see a powerhouse winning and advancing to the next round with the help of the referee ?

I even witnessed a WC collusion in order for both top teams to advance to the detriment of the 3rd (weaker) one. Sorry you don't get it.

About the pk for Iran you should blame the corrupted dudes who are running the VAR not the ref he made a good decision not blowing the whistle. The VAR dudes made him change his mind. I bet you didn't pay attention just like you didn't pay attention when Ronaldo was taking off his armband, a clear obvious gesture to confess he elbowed the iranian intentionally, and that he thought the ref was going to show him the red :ols:

Last but not least if you've got a problem with my rants against Fifa please don't bother to read and post :)

Edited by FrFan

37 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So last night I was searching for WC highlights on Comcast.  All I could find was replays of complete games.  Is this available?

Fox has what they call a "highlight machine" on their website. Not sure if you need a cable provider login or not.  

6 hours ago, FrFan said:

Every single play ! :ols: Just ranting about the Mafifa which is still finding a way to fix games to the dtriment of the "weaker" nations. How many times did you witness a "weaker" nation winning a WC game or advancing due to an officiating mistake ? How many times did you see a powerhouse winning and advancing to the next round with the help of the referee ?

I even witnessed a WC collusion in order for both top teams to advance to the detriment of the 3rd (weaker) one. Sorry you don't get it.

About the pk for Iran you should blame the corrupted dudes who are running the VAR not the ref he made a good decision not blowing the whistle. The VAR dudes made him change his mind. I bet you didn't pay attention just like you didn't pay attention when Ronaldo was taking off his armband, a clear obvious gesture to confess he elbowed the iranian intentionally, and that he thought the ref was going to show him the red :ols:

Last but not least if you've got a problem with my rants against Fifa please don't bother to read and post :)

I think we're missing the point of a discussion board (or message board if you prefer) but ok. I think the italians and Spaniards would point you to 2002 and disagree. Could it be that there are and will be officiating errors in every tournament? Hmm...

12 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Fox has what they call a "highlight machine" on their website. Not sure if you need a cable provider login or not.  

Cable is missing the boat for casual fans like me who think soccer highlights are awesome but I'm not willing to sit through 2 hours of teams I don't care about.  Hard core fans would obviously watch the show too.  

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Cable is missing the boat for casual fans like me who think soccer highlights are awesome but I'm not willing to sit through 2 hours of teams I don't care about.  Hard core fans would obviously watch the show too.  

Agree to a degree. I do enjoy extended highlights (10-15 minutes long). The ball on average is in play 60 of 90 minutes, so you get the best 25% of that action. I'm good with that for a lot of these games. 

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I know Fox has the WC but holy crap ESPN is acting like it doesn’t exist.

You get the best of both worlds WC coverage on Fox and which hand LeBron James used to pick his nose on ESPN.

Be interesting to see what France do without Pogba seeing as he's been involved in every single goal they've scored so far. 

• Haha 2

Nice goal by Peru right there, they are setting defensively and attacking quickly. Aussies getting opportunities but not finishing. The Roos MUST win for a chance to advance this match could be fun.

France is coasting into next round SIX starting changes in the line up, most are young with little or no WC experience.

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Agree to a degree. I do enjoy extended highlights (10-15 minutes long). The ball on average is in play 60 of 90 minutes, so you get the best 25% of that action. I'm good with that for a lot of these games. 

I watched Barca this past season mostly on Beinsports, but time zones and work being what they are, I missed a couple matches. Beinsports has a program called 90 in 30 where they take the best and most interesting parts of the match, edited so the whole thing can be shown in half an hour. It's probably closer to 20 or 25 minutes because they still show a block of commercials at half time.

It's great.

Speaking of commercials, those Barca matches spoiled me. It's really hard watching another sport now, with breaks every 10 minutes. It's much easier to ignore all the commericals at the half.