Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

5 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

No way..not the Vikings.. a lot more difficult than you think married to a Bears fan from Chicago trying to talk about it during the game or prior to the game..I get what you're saying and if it happens for the Vikings good for them, Saints Jaguars Super Bowl, write it down now..

I do know this...the jaguars make it to the big dance and coughlins resume will sky rocket him in to the likes of Gibbs, Shula..and oh ya belicheck....

Hmm. You think the jaguars pull off the upset in foxboro next weekend? I’d be all for it :) 

• Like 1

Looks like the patriots are gonna have there usual daunting path to the super bowl. 

Jets, dolphins, bills, titans and jaguars. 

There like the mike tyson of football, sure there an outstanding team but god dam have they had the easiest road to glory ever. 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hmm. You think the jaguars pull off the upset in foxboro next weekend? I’d be all for it :) 

Oh hail ya they can..play in cold weather..check...a defense to get to brady...check...good run game..check...jaguars are going to the Superbowl!!

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Looks like the patriots are gonna have there usual daunting path to the super bowl. 

There like the mike tyson of football, sure there an outstanding team but god dam have they had the easiest road to glory ever. 

You think jags are an easy game for the patriots?

1 hour ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Oh hail ya they can..play in cold weather..check...a defense to get to brady...check...good run game..check...jaguars are going to the Superbowl!!

You think jags are an easy game for the patriots?

I don't want to write off the jaguars,  they certainly have a great defense and some young talent but do you really think there's any way Blake bottles go's into foxboro and beats tom Brady in his own house in the twilight of his career? 

Not very likely, but hey there's nothing on earth I'd like to see more. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redskinss said:

They beat the Steelers and Saints during the regular season too, both on the road. The Bills were a playoff team and the Pats beat them twice, those weren't bad wins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I don't want to write off the jaguars,  they certainly have a great defense and some young talent but do you really think there's any way Blake bottles go's into foxboro and beats tom Brady in his own house in the twilight of his career? 

Not very likely, but hey there's nothing on earth I'd like to see more. 

Yes I think Blake is playing efficient enough and if the play calling is done right I think the jags win it in the trenches..

I can not root for the Vikings to be the first team ever....CAN NOT root for the dirty birds...Hmmm...I'm giving it 24 hours before number 43 from the saints(disgustingly, very unfortunately)receives death threats 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

They beat the Steelers and Saints during the regular season too, both on the road. The Bills were a playoff team and the Pats beat them twice, those weren't bad wins.

I'm not suggesting the patriots Aren't a good team and I'm not suggesting they didn't have some good wins. 

I'm saying they play in a pathetic division that's been pathetic forever and they always have the path of least resistance to the superbowl. 

10 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

Yes I think Blake is playing efficient enough and if the play calling is done right I think the jags win it in the trenches..

I can not root for the Vikings to be the first team ever....CAN NOT root for the dirty birds...Hmmm...I'm giving it 24 hours before number 43 from the saints(disgustingly, very unfortunately)receives death threats 

That's what surprised me the most; Blake friggin Bortles playing a game like he did against the Steelers.

Don't expect him to play another game like that.

I think the Jags have a chance, but it won't be coming from Blake's arm; he spewed everything in the Steelers game, so he will come back to earth next sunday. We all know Belichick will scheme up something to rattle him, and that combined with his nerves will be enough for him to make numerous mistakes. Bortles isn't the future for the Jags, and I think it shows in this game.

Regardless, the Jags STILL have the N.E. refs to deal with. I'm pulling for the Jags, but I just don't think they can pull it off, but they do gain a lot of respect around the league.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skins island connection said:

That's what surprised me the most; Blake friggin Bortles playing a game like he did against the Steelers.

Don't expect him to play another game like that.

I think the Jags have a chance, but it won't be coming from Blake's arm; he spewed everything in the Steelers game, so he will come back to earth next sunday. We all know Belichick will scheme up something to rattle him, and that combined with his nerves will be enough for him to make numerous mistakes. Bortles isn't the future for the Jags, and I think it shows in this game.

Regardless, the Jags STILL have the N.E. refs to deal with. I'm pulling for the Jags, but I just don't think they can pull it off, but they do gain a lot of respect around the league.

Ha ..I like that bit about the N.E refs to deal with..ain't that no ****...so it's  gotta be a Vikings ****riots Superbowl and the vikes win wiping the monkey off there back by being the first team to host and win the sb..oh and that little ole lady who turned 100 fills out the rest of her wish list thing she has

22 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

I got one name for ya that reeeeeks of victory for them jags...Tom Coughlin....he's got belichecks number..

I'm not sure if it's Coughlin or not, but Jax has the ability to get push right up the middle on Brady, and that's Brady's kryptonite.  If pressure comes from the outside, or on blitzes, he just works around it. 

If you can get pressure right up in his face quickly on the inside, he struggles. Now, I'd argue that 90% of QBs struggle in that situation.  Maybe the Russel Wilson/Mariotas of the world are ok because they can escape out the side and have a clearer vision of the field.

Clearly Coughlin knows this.  It's the game plan they used to get to Brady with the Giants.  The key is that Jax can do it.  And they don't need Coughlin to tell them to do it.  :)

• Like 1

I was responding to Martin about Redskins SB losses......lol. 

Mons Venus

@MonsVenus
 5h5 hours ago
More Mons Venus Retweeted Ashburning
Sorry, They should have waited until after the game. jk lolMons Venus added,
Ashburning

@johnnylocal
Replying to @redskinsfanuk
yes, and I know why we lost the Tampa one, lol..... MONS Venus..

On 1/14/2018 at 5:57 PM, TheShredSkinz said:

Patriots are good at stopping your main weapon. I'm not confident in Bortles outdueling Brady in New England. Jax's defense will have to play better and keep the score low.

Agreed.  Jags have defense to keep them in the game, Bottles won't win a shootout in New England.  Giving up 45 heading into this is a bad sign, there's no other way to spin that, and got to expect Pats to focus on stopping Fournette first, kill that running game.

Ashburning‏ 
@johnnylocal
More Ashburning Retweeted Mons Venus
@redskinsfanuk LOL Side fact, if this ban was in effect in 1983, Skins win LOL.Ashburning added,
Mons Venus

@MonsVenus
The alcohol ban from Tampa clubs with nudity actually happened right before the XXV Super Bowl - Jan. 27, 1991Tampa (Fla.) Stadium New York Giants 20, Buffalo 19
#TampaHistory https://twitter.com/totl_pakg_jlong/status/947222866159861760

I woke up this morning, started listening to Galdi's show, and became infuriated.  2 years after beating Philly to clinch the NFC East, with them in disrepair with the Kelley debacle, they're playing for a chance to go to the SB, have a franchise QB, a stacked defense, and are set up for a long run.

We have a bunch of guys on 1 year deals, a complete and total idiot as Team President, through whatever circumstances took place, parted ways with our GM, have no stability at QB, and probably will start Colt McCoy on opening day next year.

There's one organization who knows how to do things, and can recover from a mistake, and then there are the Redskins.  

Terrible President, incompetent owner, average (at best) Head Coach, QB who'd probably prefer to play for 20 other teams.  

I hate things.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Does anyone know how Chris Thompson is doing healing up?

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I woke up this morning, started listening to Galdi's show, and became infuriated.  2 years after beating Philly to clinch the NFC East, with them in disrepair with the Kelley debacle, they're playing for a chance to go to the SB, have a franchise QB, a stacked defense, and are set up for a long run.

We have a bunch of guys on 1 year deals, a complete and total idiot as Team President, through whatever circumstances took place, parted ways with our GM, have no stability at QB, and probably will start Colt McCoy on opening day next year.

There's one organization who knows how to do things, and can recover from a mistake, and then there are the Redskins.  

Terrible President, incompetent owner, average (at best) Head Coach, QB who'd probably prefer to play for 20 other teams.  

I hate things.  

Looking at you Mr Snyder...does he come here by chance and read helpful posts like this?

19 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Roseman gets Ajayi and Jernigan for a ham sandwich.  Trades Bradford for a kings ransom.  Swindles the Browns out of a franchise QB.   Locks in his own guys for years to come.

And we got potentially losing Kirk for at best a ham sandwich and would be left with the Browns discarded left overs at QB, Colt.   A team that's below average just about everywhere.  But heck Bruce will be watching more film this off season, so good things to come. :ols:

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Roseman gets Ajayi and Jernigan for a ham sandwich.  Trades Bradford for a kings ransom.  Swindles the Browns out of a franchise QB.   Locks in his own guys for years to come.

And we got potentially losing Kirk for at best a ham sandwich and would be left with the Browns discarded left overs at QB, Colt.   A team that's below average just about everywhere.  But heck Bruce will be watching more film this off season, so good things to come. :ols:

Roseman is one of the best GMs in the NFL.  

Allen is probably bottom 2 or 3?  And not a GM.

We don’t have a GM.  We have a scouting department that it seems like Doug runs.  But then the coaches and scouts somehow put a “Redskins Grade” on things and on the end we have Ryan Grant and Rob Kelley as THE PLAN at starting WR and RB.  Oh, and since “We’re going to do everything we can to re-sign Grant” and “Hopefullybthe starter at RB is already on the roster” until they do something else, I’m gong to have to assume it’s going to be the plan again. 

We have to have the worst setup for player acquisition in the NFL by a mile.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dead on @Skinsinparadise

Philly also recognized a quack coach and didn't let 2 10-6 seasons afford him a decade of job security.

It is a double blow to not parlay Cleveland's ineptness into a QB, yet our rival did. With a real front office forming in Cleveland, I would think that window is closing fast.

Edited by RandyHolt