Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I don't have a problem if they incorporate a uniform with black in it. I think it could can go with the start of this new era and RG3. A lot of younger people don't mess with the Skins and that may win some new fans. People talk about tradition... Lately tradation has us as a losing franchise. Maybe we need an edgy uniform with some black in it. I'm not saying that it'll help us win games but I think it would be pretty cool.

Edited by Bleed B&G

I don't see a reason, if we're talking 2 games a season, not to just let Nike go nuts and come up with something very different. It might suck, but who cares, it's two games. And on the off chance that it ends up really killer, than all the better.

I don't see a reason, if we're talking 2 games a season, not to just let Nike go nuts and come up with something very different. It might suck, but who cares, it's two games. And on the off chance that it ends up really killer, than all the better.

This is where I'm at. Its a game or two a year, and it could be cool. Go crazy!

Guest Spearfeather
I blame Jerry Glanville for this black jersey trend. 20+ years later and it still won't die. Black jerseys and flat billed caps. :doh: If we have an alternate jersey it should be based off the 1933 season. Here is Baugh...colorized.

Wasn't Baugh drafted in 1937?

Black Alts? I can dig, esp with a burgundy/yellow trim, could look pretty cool, but black is overdone a bit.

Something more crazier/futuristic ala Nike's input? I'm down, we could use some new traditions.

It doesn't matter really, anything is better than those Broncos AFL jerseys.

I hope they have one new/unique alternate jersey per year. Wear it only for a game and sell them in limited quantities as collectors items, similar to what Nike does with certain shoes. This allows them to take risks with their designs like the Oregon Duck jerseys and for the other games wear the traditional jersey for those who love the classic look, a win win for everyone.

Black directly ignores heritage and tradition, because black has never been one of the team's colors.

Black for black's sake is never a good idea.

You sound like George Preston Marshall. In fact, why don't we keep all of his traditions.....

I think for an alternate and as a change of pace (AND so long as it contains B & G on the uni) than that is more than fine. In fact, the black one with the feather on my leg is rediculous. As I've said, it's probably the coldest uniform I've ever seen.

Edited by DC9

I'm not a fan of using an older version of uniform as an alternate. I feel if you're going to do an alternate, then you might as well do something completely different.

---------- Post added April-5th-2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

I blame Jerry Glanville for this black jersey trend. 20+ years later and it still won't die. Black jerseys and flat billed caps. :doh: If we have an alternate jersey it should be based off the 1933 season. Here is Baugh...colorized.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/5205146405_98d9026a13_o.jpg

If we woke up tomorrow and that was our uniform, they would be the ugliest in the league from the get go. Might as well photoshop a big mac in his hands and have him advertise for McDonalds. Also, too similar to USC's gear.

Orakpo didn't get to see the Alternates, he was just told that the Redskins were one team that was letting Nike run wild with the Alternate design.

This should be interesting.........

Letting Nike run wild with an alternate uniform scares the hell out of me. The saving grace is that they will be alternates.

If we woke up tomorrow and that was our uniform, they would be the ugliest in the league from the get go. Might as well photoshop a big mac in his hands and have him advertise for McDonalds. Also, too similar to USC's gear.

Not as ugly as us wearing black. I hate the black uniform trend in football. Overdone, overused and idiotic when your primary color is not black (looking at you Detroit, Philly and Baltimore)

Not as ugly as us wearing black. I hate the black uniform trend in football. Overdone, overused and idiotic when your primary color is not black (looking at you Detroit, Philly and Baltimore)

Totally spot on.

Black for the sake of it, just sucks. Here is an example with the 49ers:

youngRiceCombo.jpg

vs. traditional:

Vernon+Davis+Seattle+Seahawks+v+San+Francisco+VixvcazpJ4Nl.jpg

As much as I hate the Ravens, their black on black uniforms are awesome.

As much as I hate the Ravens, their black on black uniforms are awesome.

Hahaha, those are terrible, just plain awful. With the lack of stripes on the uniforms, they look like a bunch of men in leotards out there. If they added a purple stripe or something, it would be a lot better, but as it is, those things are bad.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Larry Michael said on "Redskins Nation" on Tuesday that the team would likely be announcing an 80th Alternative Uniform on May 10th, along with various other 80th anniversary items of interest. I don't have a link, but I watch the show pretty much everyday.

Edited by Painkiller
clarity