Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About FedExField

Mark The Homer

View From Your Section

To see a photo from your section, please click here for an interactive map. Or click here and edit the url with your own section number.

With the recent website updates on Redskins.com, the bolded part there no longer works. :(

Don't forget that several hundred of the most severely obstructed seats in the cave have been gradually removed since 2006. There's a five foot cushion behind most of the pillars where you'll find vacant space today.

You can see where the chairs were once bolted into the floor.

By severely obstructed, I'm talking absolutely effing horrible. Knee touching the pillar, 80-90% field obstructions. Not sure why the TO ever installed them.

I'll give you a hint: "more" + it starts with "m" and ends with "oney"

But if you ever actually saw those seats, anyone with common sense would know that they had almost no view of the field. I think it was just really poor supervision and management. Obviously, the architect, the installer, and whoever was managing the project could see some seats were going to instantly create complaints from the purchaser....yet no one reported it to someone to make a decision about whether it was appropriate to sell those seats. Those seats were never going to make money; but just create ill will with fans who bought those seats. It's like so much of what has gone on over the past decade; really stupid decision making from the top down.

. Obviously, the architect, the installer, and whoever was managing the project could see some seats were going to instantly create complaints from the purchaser....yet no one reported it to someone to make a decision about whether it was appropriate to sell those seats. .

How do you know this exactly?

I'm willing to bet that management had PLENTY of notice that those seats were garbage and chose to sell them anyway...after all, why not? "Fan-Friendly" hasn't exactly been the MO around here.

Just last year, they released a bunch of tickets on TM for full price a couple days before the Vikings game. They were low row uppers, midfield, on the aisle. Looked like sweet seats for only $100 per! You don't think the management knew about that?

Thankfully Mark the Homer warned us all that they are obstructed view seats. Would have really sucked to buy those - I almost did.

How do you know this exactly?

I'm willing to bet that management had PLENTY of notice that those seats were garbage and chose to sell them anyway...after all, why not? "Fan-Friendly" hasn't exactly been the MO around here.

Just last year, they released a bunch of tickets on TM for full price a couple days before the Vikings game. They were low row uppers, midfield, on the aisle. Looked like sweet seats for only $100 per! You don't think the management knew about that?

Thankfully Mark the Homer warned us all that they are obstructed view seats. Would have really sucked to buy those - I almost did.

Like I said...."common sense". Workers placed seats directly in front of 3x4 foot pillars. It was a joke. One could justify the overhang blocking high kicks and passes; or even the pillars blocking a small portion of the field. But anyone with an ounce of common sense would never have placed seats around those pillars. Any manager with an ounce of intelligence would have known that the seat owner was going to ***** loud and clear once they got to their seats. Do I know this for a fact? Of course not. IMO, it is common sense.

Many think a lot of this kind of stuff over the past decade was deliberate; I think it was incompetence and bad management that created a lot of the stupid stuff that went on over the past ten years. But there are people on here who are convinced that Snyder personally ordered those seats to be placed there and just walked away snickering......

Selling tickets on TM (whatever that is) is a totally different deal. If they have left over tickets that are not accepted by the visiting team and media, every NFL team has the right to sell those reserved visiting team tickets to the public. You do know that every team is required by the NFL league office to reserve a certain number of seats for visiting team players, coaches and staff, and for media?

I worked personally for two governors.....the guy at the top does not know every little detail of the operation contrary to what people want to think....but he is responsible for hiring the people that are supposed to tend to those details. Snyder had a lot of bad help for the first 7-8 years of his ownership. His core management team has been completely rebuilt over the last 2-3 years. Hopefully, the new team does a better job. So far, I've seen a lot of major improvements.

Selling tickets on TM (whatever that is) is a totally different deal. If they have left over tickets that are not accepted by the visiting team and media, every NFL team has the right to sell those reserved visiting team tickets to the public. You do know that every team is required by the NFL league office to reserve a certain number of seats for visiting team players, coaches and staff, and for media?

It's not a "totally different deal." I know all about those "media seats" and "player returns."

Read up on this thread if you want to know a little more about all the "common sense" abounding at Redskins Park.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?339620-BEWARE-of-so-called-quot-VIKINGS-PLAYER-TICKET-RETURNS-quot&highlight=vikings+obstructed+upper+deck

You REALLY think the Redskins are holding back the worst seats in the entire upper deck - seats that are obstructed by people, beer vendors, and railings - for the freakin players and media?

NO. Those are generally GOOD SEATS, as you don't want to piss off the players' wives or the media. It's just that "common sense" you keep talking about. Everybody knows that these were garbage seats that they can't sell to season ticket holders, and they made a conscious choice to release these on to Ticketmaster without letting anybody know that they are obstructed.

I'm not saying that this goes up to the top (though I have a real hard time believeing that Snyder didn't know how awful those "cave" seats are - they are ALL bad), but obviously someone in management in the Redskins organization said "Hey, those crap seats we can't sell or give away? Let's throw them on Ticketmaster for the Vikings game!"

I mean why not? Skins fans have been eating **** for a decade or so now.

Sorry, but this stuff is no coincidence. I also don't think it's a coincidence that these seats dissapeared off of ticketmaster after people here started complaining to the office. I'm not positive but I think I remember Mark dropping them a line and asking what the hell they were doing.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 09:59 AM ----------

There are also a lot of terrible views that are obstructed by glare and beer vendors in the UL. This is a view from my seats in Section 422, Row 10 last year. You couldn't see half of the field on sunny days because of the glare coming off of the glass. http://www.extremeskins.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45459&d=1308830997

LOL yeah, these are those sweet "player returns" and "media" seats that Sonnyandsam was referring to.

I mean come on...really?

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 09:59 AM ----------

LOL yeah, these are those sweet "player returns" and "media" seats that Sonnyandsam was referring to.

I mean come on...really?

No. These were actually my season tickets from last year. Here is my 2010 invoice.

Item name Seat Qty Price Amount Paid 2010 Handling Fees Section HAND

2703-2703 1 Adult US $25.00 US $25.00 2010 Parking Parking Lot GRAY

371-371 1 Adult US $350.00 US $350.00 2010 FS10 Plan Section 422

Row 10

16-19 4 Adult US $869.00 US $3476.00 Invoice Total: US $3851.00They were terrible. I am so happy to be down in 112 this year!!!

No. These were actually my season tickets from last year. Here is my 2010 invoice.

Item name Seat Qty Price Amount Paid 2010 Handling Fees Section HAND

2703-2703 1 Adult US $25.00 US $25.00 2010 Parking Parking Lot GRAY

371-371 1 Adult US $350.00 US $350.00 2010 FS10 Plan Section 422

Row 10

16-19 4 Adult US $869.00 US $3476.00 Invoice Total: US $3851.00They were terrible. I am so happy to be down in 112 this year!!!

Well I don't know what to say except that there doesn't seem to be a lot of "common sense" on display here. I've become dulled to it, but I used to be shocked out how much disdain this organization seems to have when it comes to wringing money out of their fans.

Are you telling me the ticket office couldn't have possibly found a better place to put Swamp Em than those awful seats? They shouldn't even be for sale. They shouldn't even EXIST. In a stadium with 90,000 seats - about 20% - 40% of which seem to be empty on any given sunday - you'd think they would just eliminate these seats. It's a minefield buying tickets to this damn place, you never have any idea what you are going to get.

LOL @ "common sense."

Well I don't know what to say except that there doesn't seem to be a lot of "common sense" on display here. I've become dulled to it, but I used to be shocked out how much disdain this organization seems to have when it comes to wringing money out of their fans.

Are you telling me the ticket office couldn't have possibly found a better place to put Swamp Em than those awful seats? They shouldn't even be for sale. They shouldn't even EXIST. In a stadium with 90,000 seats - about 20% of which seem to be empty on any given sunday - you'd think they would just eliminate these seats. It's a minefield buying tickets to this damn place, you never have any idea what you are going to get.

LOL @ "common sense."

The only seats they said that they could offer me were even further back into the end zones and higher than row 15. They would not did not know if they could refund me the difference if I opted for those seats because they would have been less than $79. They said that the difference would more than likely be applied to my my 2011 invoice. I also did not want to move back because my whole goal was to get down stairs and I didn't want to be up higher and have to wait an additional year to move down.

The only seats they said that they could offer me were even further back into the end zones and higher than row 15. They would not did not know if they could refund me the difference if I opted for those seats because they would have been less than $79. They said that the difference would more than likely be applied to my my 2011 invoice. I also did not want to move back because my whole goal was to get down stairs and I didn't want to be up higher and have to wait an additional year to move down.

When you bought these seats did they indicate that they were obstructed view? Would you have bought them if you had any idea how bad they were?

When you bought these seats did they indicate that they were obstructed view? Would you have bought them if you had any idea how bad they were?

I never would have bought them in a million years. I was in Section 422, Row 20ish and the seats were cheaper and better in 2009. They called me about this time last year and told me that I could get down to row 10 but it would cost a little extra. They said nothing about the seats being OV. I don't make a ton of money and $3800 is a big chunk of change for me. I was pretty upset.

I'm coming down with a group of about 15 for Jets/Redskins in December (I'm a Jets fan) and this thread is going to be very helpful, I'm sure. Thanks for the information.

My questions are -- How much do the Green parking passes usually go for on StubHub/NFL.com/Other outlets? I've seen so far anywhere from $39-75 .. was wondering if we wait until October-ish if those prices will change or stay about the same. -- Where would be our best bet to sit? Some want to sit Upper, others Lower. We'll probably end up with 6-8 in each area.

Any more information you guys can give me would be extremely helpful. I run a tailgate of about 50 people up at the Meadowlands, and was looking to see if my 10-15 people and I could join a Redskin tailgate for the game on 12/4. We are bringing grills, our beer pong table, beer, food, etc. and I've already been told to buy everything on Saturday because of the lack of alcohol sales on Sunday's near FedEx Field. So if anyone wouldn't mind a dozen or so Jets fans coming by, we're open to being invited. If not we're just going to set up shop somewhere in the Green lots, since I've heard that that is the best parking lot for tailgating.

Also, what's with the 4 hour policy? That sucks. The Jets changed our tailgating rights to a 5 hour policy three years ago, but does anyone else remember the days when we could roll in at 5, 6am? I miss those days.

Anyways, thanks for having me and I'll be a pleasant visiting fan. I also HATE the Cowboys and Giants. Any information/help/words of advice you can give me and my crew for 12/4 and the night before, since we'll want to go out, is more than welcome, and again if anyone wouldn't mind us joining with your tailgate or parking next to you or something, we're open to it and would gladly return the favor the next time Washington is up at the Meadowlands for the Jets.

Any information/help/words of advice you can give me and my crew for 12/4 and the night before, since we'll want to go out, is more than welcome, and again if anyone wouldn't mind us joining with your tailgate or parking next to you or something, we're open to it and would gladly return the favor the next time Washington is up at the Meadowlands for the Jets.

My advice??? Stay home. With the removal of seats prices should be up this year, so If I were you I'd just plan on staying home at Giants Stadium. ;)

My advice??? Stay home. With the removal of seats prices should be up this year, so If I were you I'd just plan on staying home at Giants Stadium. ;)

You mean the New Meadowlands Stadium .. thankfully we finally split the stadium 50/50, unlike the previous 20+ years.

We'll be there, but thanks for the advice, haha.

Are you telling me the ticket office couldn't have possibly found a better place to put Swamp Em than those awful seats? They shouldn't even be for sale. They shouldn't even EXIST. In a stadium with 90,000 seats - about 20% - 40% of which seem to be empty on any given sunday - you'd think they would just eliminate these seats. It's a minefield buying tickets to this damn place, you never have any idea what you are going to get.

LOL @ "common sense."

If you can find a sucker to buy them, why NOT sell 'em? Sports fans remind me of that scene from "Animal House", where the new frat pledges are getting paddled, and after every smack, they have to say "Thank you sir! May I have another?".

why would the removal of seats raise prices?

and keep in mind that a supply/demand based argument needs actual demand to work.

I think your organization has a very high demand. The Redskins are one of the storied franchises in the NFL, as you know I'm sure, and have fans EVERYWHERE.

I've organized road trips before for my peeps and this one by far is going to be the most challenging. Heck, in Cleveland I could buy a group package of seats in the Upper Tier for TWO rows. I've already been in contact with the Redskin ticket office and they don't even offer individual group packages. That's very rare from all of the stadiums I've dealt with in the past.

I've already been in contact with the Redskin ticket office and they don't even offer individual group packages. That's very rare from all of the stadiums I've dealt with in the past.

Like I said, probably not worth your trouble. Plus you seem like a nice guy, have you read all the stories on here about drunken marauding fans ruining the game day experience at FedEx. You guys don't want to waste all that money to have your day ruined by a bunch of drunken holligans!

Like I said, probably not worth your trouble. Plus you seem like a nice guy, have you read all the stories on here about drunken marauding fans ruining the game day experience at FedEx. You guys don't want to waste all that money to have your day ruined by a bunch of drunken holligans!

We were actually in contact with the DeadTreeCrew, but they basically told us to take a hike. We wanted to see what they were all about, but that's not going to happen.

I mean, we're no saints either, we enjoy a frosty cold beer or six or so before entering the gates. We play beer pong and eat and just have a good time at the Meadowlands and would expect to do the same with little trouble at FedEx. We are in no-ways drunks though.

I've been to New England and I can't think that FedEx, an NFC non-rival, would be worse. Our group knows how to deal with a-holes and if it comes down to that I know we won't let it ruin us. It can't be any worse than Cleveland when some 10 year old kid threw horse crap at us (the cops patrol the parking lots on horses) and women were throwing ketchup. That was an experience my friend.

Hey, if you're going to be there on 12/4 we should meet up for a beer.

I'm coming down with a group of about 15 for Jets/Redskins in December (I'm a Jets fan) and this thread is going to be very helpful, I'm sure. Thanks for the information.

My questions are -- How much do the Green parking passes usually go for on StubHub/NFL.com/Other outlets? I've seen so far anywhere from $39-75 .. was wondering if we wait until October-ish if those prices will change or stay about the same. -- Where would be our best bet to sit? Some want to sit Upper, others Lower. We'll probably end up with 6-8 in each area.

Any more information you guys can give me would be extremely helpful. I run a tailgate of about 50 people up at the Meadowlands, and was looking to see if my 10-15 people and I could join a Redskin tailgate for the game on 12/4. We are bringing grills, our beer pong table, beer, food, etc. and I've already been told to buy everything on Saturday because of the lack of alcohol sales on Sunday's near FedEx Field. So if anyone wouldn't mind a dozen or so Jets fans coming by, we're open to being invited. If not we're just going to set up shop somewhere in the Green lots, since I've heard that that is the best parking lot for tailgating.

Also, what's with the 4 hour policy? That sucks. The Jets changed our tailgating rights to a 5 hour policy three years ago, but does anyone else remember the days when we could roll in at 5, 6am? I miss those days.

Anyways, thanks for having me and I'll be a pleasant visiting fan. I also HATE the Cowboys and Giants. Any information/help/words of advice you can give me and my crew for 12/4 and the night before, since we'll want to go out, is more than welcome, and again if anyone wouldn't mind us joining with your tailgate or parking next to you or something, we're open to it and would gladly return the favor the next time Washington is up at the Meadowlands for the Jets.

You seem like a nice guy....but if anyone on here offers to host your group at a tailgate or offer advice on how you can buy tickets or parking passes, we should permanently ban that member. :evilg:

My only advice....buy some upper level end zone seats..... :ols:

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 12:07 PM ----------

why would the removal of seats raise prices?

and keep in mind that a supply/demand based argument needs actual demand to work.

come on...think about what HOF was trying to do.....maybe reading my reply will be a bigger bat over the head? :D

Don't forget that several hundred of the most severely obstructed seats in the cave have been gradually removed since 2006. There's a five foot cushion behind most of the pillars where you'll find vacant space today.

You can see where the chairs were once bolted into the floor.

By severely obstructed, I'm talking absolutely effing horrible. Knee touching the pillar, 80-90% field obstructions. Not sure why the TO ever installed them.

What sections are this infamous cave in? I have been in the UL for years and know little about downstairs.

What sections are this infamous cave in? I have been in the UL for years and know little about downstairs.

They go about 214 to 229. They extend across the entire visitor side of the field. And a lot of those seats are very good and even excellent. Mark has a nice summary in the beginning of this thread. The first couple rows have no obstruction, are under cover, and significantly cheaper than other LL seats.

Archived