Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter,(and other sources): Cousins Starting

Im Ron Burgundy?

Damn, that was quick Mr. Burgundy.

I have no problem with the decision nor am I surprised by it. The hit Griff took was ridiculous and having him go out there with a spare tire is no better than having Cousins out there, especially after Cousins apparently took all the first-team reps this week.

Go Captain Kirk!

I know this is going to sound odd, but I'm actually relieved. I was very nervous about RG3 playing tomorrow and risking further injury, especially against a defense like Cleveland's that was sure to take every shot at him it could get. That's just the way football is played in the AFC North and we've obviously seen that against the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals this year already. Time to see what Captain Kirk brings to the table.

Not sure about this statement.

Agreed. Hope Kirk does well and I think he is a decent QB but he isn't nearly the passer that Griffin is. An 80% Griffin > 100% Cousins. Not saying they're wrong for not starting him...if the Docs don't think he can go then sit him. But this game is going to definitely be harder to win without him. The Browns D is good and they have a quality pass rush; even if he isn't 100% Griffin has tons more ability to elude the rush than Cousins.

As much as I wanted Griffin to play, I'm okay with this. If there is any doubt about further injury to his knee or his ability to protect himself, then sit 'em. We are fighting for a playoff spot, but it may not be worth mortgaging the long-term by playing him and risking a major injury. I'm confident Cousins can get the job done. That's why they drafted him where they did. I don't have any doubts though that if Kirk would struggle we may still see RGIII at some point tomorrow.

Archived