Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Eagles (Final)

TK

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2012 Redskins vs Eagles

11/18/12

8198736044_4417d2b79d_c.jpg

VICTORY!!!!

Redskins 31 - Eagles 6

:helmet:

The Battle for 4-6

Welcome humaniods to FedEx Field. For the third year in a row the Redskins face the Eagles after coming off of their bye week. The Redskins lost both of the previous games, so hopefully the third time is the charm.

Both teams enter today's match up tied for third in the Division. Both also enter in with questions. Lots of questions, some even the same for each team. The main question is has either or perhaps both teams quit on their coach. Fat Andy's Eagles have been awful this year. For the Skins, it was Mike Shannahan's post game presser quote about evaluating for next season.

During their Bye Week the Eagles fired their OL coach turned Defensive Coordinator. The Redskins however took advantage of their Bye Week to do the following: not fire Jim Haslett, not put in a waiver claim for Anthony Armstrong or even contact his agent after he cleared waivers once he was released from Jacksonville. Though owner Dan Snyder did have to get Shannahan to explain his comments to the team the following Monday.

As far as Haslett goes, he's here until the end of the season. There was talk of him having until the Dallas game enforce being let go but now it's moved onto him finishing out this year. Morris could take over next year, though there's also talk of bringing in an experienced 3-4 coach to take over as well. There is also talk of Tennessee looking to bring in John Gruden as their new Head Coach and word is he'd take Raheem Morris with him as his DC. That's the University of Tennessee, not the Titans. Time will tell on that. Also, expect Slowick to finally get his pink slip at the end of the season as well. Every unit he's coached has gone backwards and our LBs are a mess under him. Riley looks to have seriously regressed this season under Slowick's tutelage.

Although Philly currently has the 30th ranked offense, both teams are pretty evenly matched across the board on average.

On offense:

Philly has averaged 373.3 total yards per game - Washington 381.8

Philly has averaged 247.1 passing yards per game -Washington 217.2

Philly has averaged 126.2 rushing yards per game - Washington 164.6

Philly has averaged 17.3 points per game -Washington 25.1

On defense:

Philly has averaged 225.3 pass yards given up per game - Washington 301.7

Philly has averaged 112.7 rush yards given up per game - Washington 96.2

Philly has averaged 24.6 points given up per game - Washington 27.6

Philly struggles to run the ball with perhaps the worst Offensive Line in the League. LeSean McCoy, who earned his first Pro Bowl trip in 2011, is the team’s rushing leader. He has rushed for 705 yards (4.4 avg.) on 162 carries this season and two touchdowns. Rookie running back Bryce Brown has rushed for 106 yards on 27 attempts. Fullback Stanley Havili also has one rushing touchdown.

If there's one thing our D can do with their depleted secondary, it's stop the run. Maybe not as well as when they had Orakpo and Carriker healthy, but run stopping is their better strength right now.

With rumblings of both head coaches on the hot seat, it comes down to which team wants to leave FedEx Field today with a 4-6 record.

A9B95293-53BD-42D1-8EDF-5EA787B2692E-2864-00000130FE371FF6.jpg

Inactives

Redskins

Grossman

Briscoe

Crawford

Addison

Gettis

Hurt

Worthington

Eagles

Vick

Gilyard

Polk

Me kin

Curry

Hunt

Avant

Another couple of questions for today is will the Skins come out still running the Triple Option & will the deep ball reappear. RG3 isn't a fan of the Triple Option. He showed at Baylor thathe can effectively run a deep ball passing game. And he was on record saying he wanted to be known as a throwing QB, not a running QB.

Skins taking the field to Enter Sandman while the Lower Bowl is maybe 3/4 full. The Bowl is packed on the Skins sideline, across the field & the EndZone are kinda spotty.

RG3 runs out with flag as theSkins salute our military personal today.

There's a Sean Taylor 21 banner hanging behind the Eagle bench. :)

Eagles win the coin toss & will receive.

On third & 8 Skins D that I still cant trust, picks off the rookie QB thanks to everyone's favorite scapegoat, D Hall. Two plays later, RG3 passes to D Young for the TD.

B Mitch & Clinton Portis just arrived & I'm now watching this game with them. Be jealous. :)

Philly's second drive& their O-Line looks like hot garbage it was expected to.To compensate, Reid is calling passing plays to stretch out the D & going dink n dunk. McCoy would be more effictive if he had an O Line.

Fletcher went down during the TV timeout. Back up, but he's stilling with vertigo. He, like Garcon is the type of guy that you end up either wishing you had, or goahead & protect him from himself.

Eagles are looking like they want toset a new record for penalties today.

Merriweather with his first pick of the season. I still think Hall gets at least one more pick this game.

Skins take over with the RG3 show & can't do anything. Skins are forced to punt, get a penalty forilleagal formation & have to punt again. Both punts are on the 10, but the second one is turned for a few yards. Fletcher is questionable to return with an ankle injury. Merriweather is laying some wood on his hits. McCoyis killing it when he's cating passes. He still can't run on the D, but in that old Westbrooke role, he's killing it when catching & running. End of the First Quater.

Second Quarter starts with Philly finally getting on the board with a Field Goal. Philly controlled the T.O.P. in the FirstQuarter for 12:57, thus making it an extremely boring quarter to watch . Skins come looking flat until RG3 does tightrope spin n walkfor a first down. Whether the Skins walk out of here at 4-6 or 3-7, the one positive you have to watch is RG3.

Skins are trying to get the run game going as Alfred is punishing Philly. He wasn't getting much but it was taking them three guys to bring him dowm. Alfred rips on for about 12 yards and then they knock the dust off of the Deep Ball with a TD to Aldrick Robinson who I started today on my FF team against Phillip Daniels. Phil has Alfred AND RG3. I'm just looking to beat Phil again this year. :)

Philly being down 14-3 is still trying to get their running game started. It would help if Fat Andy actually knew what a running game is. Just about everytime Philly runs for a First Down, they get a holding call.

Skins D makes a sack which is declined as Philly gets called AGAIN for holding. Philly punts to Banks who gets knocked out of bounds by one of his own team mates. Skins start their drive at the 14 & try to stretch it to the left. Morris losses a yard. Skins held & cant move the ball. Skins punt to Johnson who almost breaks it for a TD but gets knocks hard by Rocca. Phhilly starts to drive but is shut down at mid field & have to punt.Punt goes through the end zone for a touchback. 2:27 left in the half,,,,RG3 runs for two yards while missing two open receivers, Aldrick & Paulsen. Aldrick woulda had a TD as he had split two defenders & still had some speed to burn.

Two Minute Warning

4th & 3 Redskins to punt. 38 yard punt, no return. McCorey on a run is hit & has the ball ripped out of his hands. RG3 on a busted play, makes a WOW throw across the field to Garcon & its 2nd & 11.Two seconds to go & Skins burn their final Time Out. Philly has one T.O. left. Skins line uop for the FG, Philly gets called for 12 men on the field. Kobra Kai is good ffrom 25 & its halftime.

Skins 17

Philly 3

And not even five minutes into the 3rd Merriweather goes down clutching his knee....Philly passes to McCoy that gets them into the Red Zone. Threatening to score, they get called offsides as D Hall is about to sack Foles. Defense gets to him next play, forces a 4th down & holds to a Field Goal.

Merriweather - right knee sprain. Return is questionable.

Paulsen - hip injury. Return is also questionable.

RG3 unloads the deep ball to a double covered Moss for a 60+ yard TD strike. The RG3 chants start.:)

Skins 24

Iggles 6

That was the best, sickest catch Santana has had in years.

Perry Riley with a sack for a loss of 4 & it's 4th down. Skins take over at their 31. RG3 with a fake handoff, runs for 11 & picks up 15 more on a Philly penalty. OLine thinks that's to good & has a false start penalty. It's 1st & 15. End of the 3rd

Skins 24

Iggles 6

Start of the Fourth. Skins in the Red Zone & needing to step on Philly's throat here. Skins can't move the ball & it's 4th & 1. Skins go for it & Morris gets stuffed. Philly ball now. Perfect chance for D Hall to bait Foles into a pick n score here.first pass incomplete. 2nd Down. Hand off to McCoy for a loss of 5 by D Hall. 3rd down. Foles chased out of the pocket by Zo, throws it away & Philly gets called for holding.. Banks back to receive.

Morris up the sideline for a gain of 17 until being knocked out of bounds. Skins get a 10 yard holding penalty. :doh:

RG3 answers with a run to the left for a first down. Morris to the left for another first. Griffey sacked on the next play for a loss of 6. Griffey answers with a 17 yard TD pass to Paulsen.

New RG3 record- FOUR TD PASSES IN A GAME

RG3 chants erupt. :)

Skins 31

Iggles 6

Defense almost has another stop but gets penalized for a late hit on the QB. D Hall gets a penalty now. The defense is just insisting on making this a close game..

Under four minutes to go now & the Skins are running the clock out. I can't say this is an improved Skins team simply because Philly looked like complete trash. It's been awhile since Philly has looked this bad, so enjoy that. :)

Inside the two minute warning, McCoy goes down & is carted off. Skins D is keeping this inept Philly Offense on the field just by having a penalty. Though Philly is out of time outs due to the McCoy injury. 58 seconds to go....4&3 with 45 seconds to go....pass incomplete and this one is over.

Skins did do some retooling, they showed the deep ball more then once. That will give Dallas something to have to watch for now on the short week. Props to a defense that I'm still not sure I can trust for not giving up a touchdown & finally beating a rookie QB. WE WANT DALLAS chants have broken out at FedEx now. So with that, we are outta here because it's now DALLAS WEEK.

SKINS 31

Eagles 6

PHOTOS

8197644895_eedc37c9e1_c.jpg

To see ExtremeSkins game photos click HERE

AUDIO

To listen to comments from Stephen Bowen click HERE

To listen to comments from Kory Lichtensteiger click HERE

To listen to comments from Brandon Meriweather click HERE

To listen to comments from Logan Paulsen click HERE

To listen to comments from Perry Riley click HERE

To listen to comments from Aldrick Robinson click HERE

To listen to comments from Trent Williams click HERE

This game is a must-win for the Skins. We have no first round pick next draft if we fall further South. For the Eagles, this game is a must-lose. They gain nothing by winning at this point. They should focus on getting a good draft pick and replacing Andy Reid. I'll be surprised if the Eagles come to compete at FedEx.

Nice post TK. I am at tysons corner embassy suites getting ready to go to game with my wife. I have a feeling the season will not end on a winning note for us...but hopefully today we can show some life, win at home, vs a rookie qb, after a bye vs philly. Dont really know what the reason to keep haz until end of season.....and I am not sure I would want morris anyhow as a dc. We need to perform a serious upgrade to our coaching staff at several positions. Also need to reorganize and maybe bring in some more scouts. And...maybe just maybe...get mike to give up gm job and bring in an experienced gm like maybe a polian. Think changes like this will have a big impact on team next season. Unfortunately, it wont help this year.

It's a sad sign of just how bad things are when a darn soccer game takes precedence of importance in DC sports over a Redskins- Iggles clash.

But DC United's playoff contest later most assuredly does.

The 'Battle for 4-6' indeed boss man. Sighs.

Hail.

I love DC United, but I can tell you that nobody is talking about that game that much....

Has anything changed with Garcon?

The Battle for 4-6

With rumblings of both head coaches on the hot seat, it comes down to which team wants to leave FedEx Field today with a 4-6 record.

That is all I really care about. Our team has a decent amount of talent. The defense is seriously missing a certain suspended safety and two guys on IR, but even so, an attitude/swagger and hunger is something that was visibly missing from our team last week. A clear change in that demeanor will not only be evident to the fans but should produce results within the division because our talent level is good enough compared to the other three teams to give us a shot.

If, however, we come out the same as usual, flat and struggling to get/stay ahead, this will simply be another long second half to the season.

Is that one scrub safety we've been missing going to play today? Not the one that toked up to get suspended but the one that took a headbutt in pre-game warmups? I can't remember his name, and does it really matter?

What about Garcon?

Merriweather? not sure :) and Garcon's probably will play at about 80% effectiveness.

Sign of a team looking to change their mojo- Skins are wearing the white pants today.

And we'll win! Then everyone will demand they wear white pants for the remainder of the season b/c any other color will jinx us. And I'll probably be one of those people :D

Regardless, we're winning this game dammit!

Love soccer!!!! But do not consider the mls a competan league. People can talk trays about its a girl sport but its very psychical!!! Notice how much passion the fans the fans have win or loose.

I wish some skins fan would still support there team like this and make every skin home game 90% home crowd!!!! Unlike the last skin vs Philly game I went to wtf

Archived