Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCNEWS: Pakistan official offers $100,000 reward for killing of maker of anti-Prophet Muhammad film

brandymac27

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/22/14036172-pakistan-official-offers-100000-reward-for-killing-of-maker-of-anti-prophet-muhammad-film?lite

By NBC News and news services

A Pakistani government minister on Saturday announced a $100,000 bounty for the killing of the person who produced an online film that denigrates the Prophet Muhammad.

Federal Minister for Railways Ghulam Ahmed Bilour also asked the Taliban and al-Qaida to extend support to the would-be killer.

Speaking at a press conference at the Peshawar Press Club, the federal minister said whoever is responsible for blasphemy deserves death.

"The American who produced the sacrilegious film in the U.S. is also liable to death and we will shower dollars on the one who killed the blasphemer. If members of the banned militant organizations kill the maker of the blasphemous movie, they will also be rewarded," Bilour announced.

He called for legislation to have the anti-blasphemy law at the global level so that no one could hurt the religious emotions of the Muslims in the name of the freedom of expression.

He said the situation would remain tense until anti-blasphemy law was enacted at the world level.

Bilour condemned the work of the filmmaker, saying it distressed the Muslims across the world. However, he also condemned the violence during the protests on Friday, which was declared a national holiday in honor of Muhammad, saying it could defame Muslims and their religion.

Bilour said the government had already announced that the police and other law-enforcers would give protesters the opportunity to peacefully condemn the filmmaker and would not crack down on them with batons.

At least 15 people were killed and shops and businesses were damaged on Friday during Muslim protests in Pakistan.

The film in question, produced in the U.S. and posted on the Internet under several titles including "Innocence of Muslims," portrays the prophet as a fraud, womanizer and child molester.

The U.S. Embassy in Pakistan has run television spots, one featuring Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, saying the government had nothing to do with the film.

Pakistan had declared Friday a "Day of Love" for the Prophet and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf said an attack on Islam's founder was "an attack on the whole 1.5 billion Muslims."

Dozens of people, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya, have been killed this month in violence linked to the film, which also has renewed debate over freedom of expression in the U.S. and in Europe.

Protests continued in the Muslim world on Saturday. Scores of people were injured in clashes in Bangladesh's capital between police and hundreds of demonstrators. In Pakistan, more than 1,500 people, including women and children, rallied in the capital.

Thousands of people also protested Saturday in Nigeria's largest city, Kano. The crowd marched from a mosque to the palace of the Emir of Kano, the region's top spiritual leader for Muslims.

About 200 students in Srinagar, the main city in Indian-controlled Kashmir, chanted "Down with America" and "Long live Islam" in a peaceful protest. Some carried a placard that read, "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger."

Seriously, don't people think more than one move ahead?!

To support your despair for humanity as voiced earlier in the RT thread, it's a limitation frequently demonstrated by all types of humans everywhere, including my house (and I live alone most of the time).

I'm not sure it's a good thing that an "official" from the nation hiding OBL feels comfortable ordering the assassination of an American citizen publicly. Perhaps we've been a touch to friendly and accepting? The video is bad but that doesn't come close to making this ok.

I'm not sure it's a good thing that an "official" from the nation hiding OBL feels comfortable ordering the assassination of an American citizen publicly. Perhaps we've been a touch to friendly and accepting? The video is bad but that doesn't come close to making this ok.

It's not like this tactic is new, but at least when it was tried with Salman Rushdie it was because of a book written by a guy who is intelligent and literate, nothing like making heroes out of idiots.

But, I fear Jumbo is correct.

How awful. I sympathize with their outrage, but there needs to be some balance here. The value of life versus the battle of words. Sticks and stones, you know. Officially calling for someone's death and openly advocated for terrorist groups to get it done is pretty despicable.

Priorities are screwed up. More, the extended rioting and killing is not doing anything to support or defend their religious and spiritual honor. All it is doing is worsening their own lives and staining their own souls.

So.....does this make the "official" a "terrorist"?

Pakistan had declared Friday a "Day of Love" for the Prophet and Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf said an attack on Islam's founder was "an attack on the whole 1.5 billion Muslims."

:doh:

So sad, too bad, they need to get over it, leaders throwing gas on the fire is making this a lot worse, Pakistan needs to be cut off completely.

Dozens? What the hell? It's a FILM! People don't need to die. This is stupid.

What do you mean stupid?

The film depicts him as a violent brainless deviant, and th only way to make anyone realize that is not what he was is to turn into a mob of violent brainless deviants.

These people make no sense.

it's one thing to be fervent in your belief,, but damn,, there's NO SENSE to any of this. No higher minds applied, no human reasoning whatsoever.

~Bang

How awful. I sympathize with their outrage.

I don't. Not any longer. They can protest all they want - until they harm innocent others. Then **** them. In fact my ears perked up at the news that a French magazine had decided to publish cartoons of Muhammad. I wondered about the nature of the cartoons. And if they represented wry commentary on the artist's view of the Muslim faith, then publish away. Let the extremists get outraged again. Let hundreds of media outlets all over the world print or broadcast depictions of Muhammad, just as Jesus, Buddha, Abraham, God and any other religious figure has been scrutinized and depicted over the centuries. Give the extremists hundreds of sources of "outrage." Thousands. Let the them exhaust their outrage. My sympathy for them is exhausted. Your religious fervor is unbecoming. Join the 21st century, you backwards ignorant idiots.

I don't. Not any longer. They can protest all they want - until they harm innocent others. Then **** them. In fact my ears perked up at the news that a French magazine had decided to publish cartoons of Muhammad. I wondered about the nature of the cartoons. And if they represented wry commentary on the artist's view of the Muslim faith, then publish away. Let the extremists get outraged again. Let hundreds of media outlets all over the world print or broadcast depictions of Muhammad, just as Jesus, Buddha, Abraham, God and any other religious figure has been scrutinized and depicted over the centuries. Give the extremists hundreds of sources of "outrage." Thousands. Let the them exhaust their outrage. My sympathy for them is exhausted. Your religious fervor is unbecoming. Join the 21st century, you backwards ignorant idiots.

I am somewhat where you are on this issue too. This is becoming old.......really old. I get their outrage, but responding with threats and violence is unnecessary.

"The American who produced the sacrilegious film in the U.S. is also liable to death and we will shower dollars on the one who killed the blasphemer. If members of the banned militant organizations kill the maker of the blasphemous movie, they will also be rewarded," Bilour announced.

HE is Egyptian born, and now he is an American.

this guy is a wack job, Christian Coptic radical from the same hood as the radical Islamist. Can't we drop the Hate in the name of God?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakoula_Basseley_Nakoula

My reaction to the Pakistani official saying this would be to demand his ouster. There are all kinds of matters, of which this is even a small one, where I have thought we should be telling Pakistan must change or find relations and funding affected. I keep hearing and reading how vital and helpful Pakistan is on the war on terror and other serious value they have to the U.S. I am not in a position to know all the details of the truth about the terrorism angle, but I know that in my personal life, no matter how much I could have used significant help at times or could benefit from an association, there are people who I would not accept it from or involve myself with on principle.

As Ash would say, these people are nothing but primitive screw heads. I love when this kind of stuff comes up. It just continues to expose just how unevolved and primitive that society is. Respect other cultures? My ass. I don't respect "modern" primitives who don't show any cultural and educational growth compared to Bronze Age society.

Archived