Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phillip Daniels... Thank you!

brandymac27

I just wanted to share with all of you just how great a person Phillip Daniels is. Friday was my son's birthday. He turned 12 and has been playing football for a few years now. He basically plays LB and DE. He's been playing in pop warner leagues b/c here in NC they don't allow kids to play in school until the 7th grade (he's in 6th), so next year he's gonna try out for the school football team and he's been kinda nervous about it.

When Phillip was on ES the past few days for his cousin's poll, I PM'ed him and told him about my son and asked if he could send him a message offering some advice or encouragement in regards to trying out for the football team. I would have never asked for more than a short message b/c I know how busy he must be, but not only did he respond to my message, he called my son on his birthday and talked to him :)!

I posted this b/c he went above and beyond what I could have ever asked for. He is a class act and a true role model. At first, my son thought it was a prank call :ols:, but when he realized it was really Phil, he had a smile on his face that was absolutely priceless.

Phil- you made my son's birthday one he will never forget. You really are a phenomenal person and a man that many kids can look up to. I know you've achieved a lot in your life already, but I hope you are blessed with everything you could ever want because you sincerely deserve it. I can't thank you enough for what you've done.

To everyone on ES, Phillip Daniels is the man!

HTTR :logo:

That. Is. Flipping. Awesome.

Really proud that PD93 is a part of Redskins nation. I only wish we had him for his entire career and not just the last several years. He's the embodiment of Gibbs' definition of a "true Redskin" and he is a complete class act. In a time where so many young athletes let the fame get to their heads and aren't willing to help anyone, seeing someone as accomplished as PD93 go out of his way for your son is truly something special.

---------- Post added December-3rd-2011 at 12:46 AM ----------

That. Is. Awesome.

Lolz we had the same idea. I one-upped you though. ;)

Everyone knows Phillip Daniels is a stand up guy, heck he's the only Redskin I know of who has ventured out on these forums in public and spoken with us lowly fans for reasons other than getting us to show up to some team event or something. I just wish his character and work ethic had managed to rub off on certain Redskins while he was here, we may have had some more playoff teams.

Such a cool story......I even thought I was the man when I asked PD a question in the Q&A thread he had before and he quoted me and replied to my question. This obviously takes the cake.......something your son will be able to tell his kids when he grows up. Tell him I said Happy belated Birthday even though I'm no PD.

Such a cool story......I even thought I was the man when I asked PD a question in the Q&A thread he had before and he quoted me and replied to my question. This obviously takes the cake.......something your son will be able to tell his kids when he grows up. Tell him I said Happy belated Birthday even though I'm no PD.

Lol..thank you very much. I'll definitely tell him!

Archived