Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DailyMail:OJ Simpson admits to stabbing Nicole Brown Simpson

Ellis

Cochran is not rolling in his grave. He made a ton of money off of that trial.

Simpson may as well admit it, he can't be retried. I guess after he disarmed Nicole (if I believe this) instead of walking away he just had to put his own particular signature. Maybe ultimate punishment for Nicole not kowtowing to him.

He's a self-serving SOB.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 12:56 PM ----------

But the glove didn't fit.

Really! It's hard to make a glove fit when it's been covered in blood and dried for how many years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2006908/OJ-Simpson-confessed-Nicole-Brown-murder-Oprah-TV-interview-planned.html

Everyone who has been accused of being racist for doubting his innocence... pat yourself on the back... but don't expect an apology.

:ols:

Err, I don't know a single person in the world who doesn't doubt OJ's innocence to some degree.

And I have never seen a single person be called a racist merely for doubting his innocence.

I have seen people be called racist for saying blatantly racist things WHILE expressing doubts about OJ's innocence, but that isn't the same thing at all. And I don't feel the need to apologize to those people.

:whoknows:

He doesn't need to admit it. Every sensible person in the world already knows that he murdered them, and he would be in prison right now had it not been for the system failing in just about every imaginable way.

Yep. And no one thinks you are a racist for believing that.

The DA's office made the first major blunder in trying the case in downtown LA instead of nearer his own neighborhood. He was looking at the media circus and decided the larger courtroom and more media exposure was more important than justice for Nicole and Ron. Downtown LA almost certainly guaranteed a mostly black jury and Brentwood would have guaranteed a mostly white jury of Simpson's economic peers/neighbors.

In the days that the trial was going on and shortly after O.J. was found innocent, I do recall people accusing those who believed him to be guilty racists. That did happen. However, it doesn't really matter now. At the end of the day, I have only ever been interested in justice. That will never happen now and that's too bad.

The DA's office made the first major blunder in trying the case in downtown LA instead of nearer his own neighborhood. He was looking at the media circus and decided the larger courtroom and more media exposure was more important than justice for Nicole and Ron. Downtown LA almost certainly guaranteed a mostly black jury and Brentwood would have guaranteed a mostly white jury of Simpson's economic peers/neighbors.

Except predominently black juries convict black defendants all the time, even high profile defendants. The botching of this case was mindboggling, on multiple levels. The racial composition of the jury was far from the biggest problem.

In the days that the trial was going on and shortly after O.J. was found innocent, I do recall people accusing those who believed him to be guilty racists. That did happen.

Well, it was a weird time, and people certainly were taking sides for emotional and tribal reasons that had nothing to do with OJ. It was like America ripped off the race problem scab in that moment, and everyone's true feelings and resentments about racial issues had a chance to come out for a while.

But I also suspect that there was more to most of those conversations than just a reasonable white guy saying "looking at all of the information we have and the circumstances, I think the jury got it wrong..." :whoknows:

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 10:20 AM ----------

Id love to have a thread about the trial that doesnt devolve quickly into the usual rabbit holes.

I doubt that is even possible on a message board. Maybe in person.

I first heard the news on ESPN sports radio and the hosts were shocked about the news.

They're obligated to talk about the NBA draft at the moment, otherwise they'd be all over the story.

I linked to DailyMail b/c that was the first link I saw.

Twitter is blowing up about the news.

And HP has a story saying that the Oprah camp has said the story is false...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/23/oprah-oj-simpson-confessi_n_883066.html

So looks like it's all about nothing. :ols:

I firmly believe he did it but.... The Daily Mail?

Sorry but I'm not believing he admitted anything until I get it from a better source.

'He told the producer: "Tell Oprah that yes, I did it. I killed Nicole, but it was in self-defence. She pulled a knife on me and I had to defend myself",' the insider was quoted as saying.

I'll be the first to say Simpson is not the brightest man and sometimes seems out of touch with reality. But I have a hard time believing even he would try to claim self defense.

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cas45.htm

AUTOPSY REPORT 94-05136

I performed an autopsy on the body of BROWN-SIMPSON, NICOLE at the DEPARTMENT OF CORONER Los Angeles, California on June 14, 1994 @0730 HOURS

From the anatomic findings and pertinent history, I ascribe the death to:

MULTIPLE SHARP FORCE INJURIES Due To Or As a Consequence of

Anatomical Summary:

I. Incised wound of neck:

A. Transection of left and right common carotid arteries.

B. Incisions, left and right internal jugular veins

C. Transection of thyrohyoid membrane, epiglottis, and hypopharynx.

D. Incision into cervical spine, C3.

II. Multiple stab wound of neck and scalp (total of seven).

III. Multiple injuries of hands, including incised wound, ring finger of right hand (defense wound).

IV. Scalp bruise, right parietal.

Archived