Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This guy needs advice about a girl(girl advice especially welcome)UPDATE!

RichmondRedskin88

So I meet this girl about a year ago in a spirit group at my university. We became good friends especially through standing out in lines waiting to get into games. Well over the first couple of months we seemly got closer and closer and we had long conversations. Like we talked one time for like 4 hours straight. Well I eventually decided I would tell her that I really liked her hoping she would give me a chance to be more than a good friends. I think we had known each other for over 4 months at that point. Well she told me that she didn't think we knew enough about each other and that she still was getting over a bad relationship. This was kinda of a punch in the heart seeing as my last 4 relationships have ended because the girl other cheated or just became a absolute ***** who treated me like crap. Well I recovered but there's this awkward feeling between us now that that was out there. Well last night a friend told me we were visiting a friend with the same name. I didn't realize it was her because she had just moved to a new place that I hadn't been too. So I show up and soon as I saw her everything just came back and hit me all over again!!! I thought I was over it but now my mind has been just tangled with thoughts of her.

What the hell do I do? Do I say something even after what happened before or do I just move on? Or something else?

All I know is I need advice:(:(

UPDATE: Apparently her best friend and my best friend have been talking. The girl has been through so many bad relationships her best friend thinks shes afraid to risk going out with a supposed "nice guy" because all of them were nice guys who turned A hole on her.

I should have mentioned for those saying you would be hitting it in a month or whatever if she was in to me she's got the whole major christian thing(which I have no prob being catholic myself) going on but she definitely got a party side as do most college students

So it sounds like she doing the whole "if I don't someone close they can't hurt me" thing.

Sorry man, but you got stuck on the 'friend' ladder (google the ladder theory if you dont know what Im talking about). Most of us have been there at one point. Basically, she sees you as friend and emotional confidant, but not in a romantic way. That is very unlikely to change. Time to move on.

It sucks, dude. Move on and try to end up on the other ladder with the next one.

I really don't see why you can't just go to her and say hey I really like you and it is more then just being a friend. And want to ask you to go out with me. So she says no. But upfront you tell her hey it is how I feel about you and that doesn't mean you have the same feelings about me. But if I didn't ask then I wouldn't know what you think about me. In the end you tell her if she is cool with it you guys can still be friends.

Girls like honesty and someone who doesn't beat around the bush. :)

I'd say if you feel strongly enough for about it. Take one more swing. Find a time where you are together and ask. If she balks or says no, then move on and don't look back. At least you know you've given it an honest shot.

But I wouldn't wait for a moment. It's now or never.

(well, it's never never, but it'll be pretty darn close to never)

I mean seriously, don't ever tell a girl you like her, if there is chemistry, you will both know it. If anything, (next time)keep it simple and say, "let's get dinner and a movie one day this week, does thursday or friday work for you?". Saying "I really like you" creates awkwardness and shows a lack of confidence.

This is what you do. Just move on (even if you don't want too), find another chick, or just flirt with a bunch of other chicks, and still be friends with her. It's easier said then done, to just be FRIENDS with someone you already like, but when they see that you are doing you, and you kinda act like you don't give a ****. She'll start making little smart remarks like " Someones a playa i see." And after she says that you hit her with the "Yea i am *****, problem?" I guarantee you hit it a week later.

So here's the update: Apparently her best friend and my best friend have been talking. The girl has been through so many bad relationships her best friend thinks shes afraid to risk going out with a supposed "nice guy" because all of them were nice guys who turned A hole on her.

I should have mentioned for those saying you would be hitting it in a month or whatever if she was in to me she's got the whole major christian thing(which I have no prob being catholic myself) going on but she definitely got a party side as do most college students:)

So it sounds like she doing the whole "if I don't someone close they can't hurt me" thing.

So here's the update: Apparently her best friend and my best friend have been talking. The girl has been through so many bad relationships her best friend thinks shes afraid to risk going out with a supposed "nice guy" because all of them were nice guys who turned A hole on her.

I should have mentioned for those saying you would be hitting it in a month or whatever if she was in to me she's got the whole major christian thing(which I have no prob being catholic myself) going on but she definitely got a party side as do most college students:)

You sound like a girl. Stop making excuses for her. If she wanted to get with you (sex or not), she would be with you. Consider yourself lucky to have a female friend and move onnnnnnn in the romance dept.

Be nice but distant and let her close the gap if she wants. Otherwise hit on whatever friends she might have that are hot. Not every girl is going to be into you and you have to stay efficient in your college years. You have a lot of ground to cover in just a few years no time to waste on a lost cause... not saying you shouldn't leave the door open, just don't make it your focus.

Also you have no game. None. What is this "I don't want to get hurt again" jibba jabba? Why are you even talking about long term consequences before you've had a chance to even take her out on a date... and talking to her FRIENDS about her feelings?! Man you can't be doing that high school BS, might as well hand her a note that reads "do you like me? Yes or No" Next time some girls says she doesn't want to get hurt, just tell her that you've never thought of dinner and movie as a high risk proposition.

Archived