Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Washington Post hurting?

Spaceman Spiff

Ran up to the store tonight to get a few things. I go inside and there are two guys standing behind a little booth handing out free copies of todays Washington Post.

When they asked me if I wanted one I kinda laughed and asked "Is the post hurting this bad that you're trying to drum up business this way?" One of them laughed and said yeah. He seemed pretty embarrased. He asked me if I subscribed and I told him no, I get my news online.

Is the Post hurting that bad? I know people are turning to the internet for news now more than ever...Just odd to see that one major DC establishment may be on the decline...

Anyone know anything about this?

Washington Times, New York Times, Baltimore Sun etc, are all losing money. It kinda hurts when your lead/breaking story is talked about a day before it comes out.

Exactly! It's the main reason I cancelled my subscription to SI. I can buy the Swimsuit Issue when it comes out, but their sports stories are old when you receive the issue.

Exactly! It's the main reason I cancelled my subscription to SI. I can buy the Swimsuit Issue when it comes out, but their sports stories are old when you receive the issue.

Not only that, but who REALLY cares to read a 5 page story on some Speed Skater or on Tennis?

that is the only reason I take it now

I read the post online

DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner!!!

Why pay for something you can read for free online? ALL print media is going the way of the horse and buggy. The internet changed the landscape for the next generation.

I do sense the daily paper becoming an anachronism, given 24-hour television news and the Internet. Yet - call me a Luddite, but I still like to have the morning paper spread out on the kitchen table to read. Granted, I've already heard about most of the major stories already, but print journalism can give more details and background into the headlines.

Reading online just isn't the same. And it's tough bringing the laptop into the can.

i work for a sub-division of the post and there not hurting they are expanding. our company is buying a 36 million dollar press-es to print new papers. the post also owns tv companies, radio companies, also some metal plants i think.

plus they run there own internet site and all ads that are on it is profit for them to.

there not hurting at all

i work for a sub-division of the post and there not hurting they are expanding. our company is buying a 36 million dollar press-es to print new papers. the post also owns tv companies, radio companies, also some metal plants i think.

plus they run there own internet site and all ads that are on it is profit for them to.

there not hurting at all

They did cut back 10% of their newsroom (80 jobs).

Archived