Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McQuarters to visit Skins

Chrisbob74

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-bear251.html

It doesn't look like it will take cornerback R.W. McQuarters long to find work, either. McQuarters, also released by the Bears this week, is expected to visit the Washington Redskins, who already have Shawn Springs, first-round pick Carlos Rogers and ex-Bear Walt Harris at cornerback. He also could fill punt-returning duties as the Redskins are going to cut ties with Chad Morton and might not want to use wide receiver Santana Moss in that role.

The Miami Dolphins also are believed to have interest in McQuarters.

I wouldn't say no to him joining the team at the league minimum.......

As much as I like the Rodgers pick. This is why I didn't want to go CB with the #9 overall.

We could of had Merriman or Mike Williams....and gotten a guy like McQuarters to go with Harris. That would of been good for a year.

However, I'm not questioning our young CB at all.

just 20/20 hindsight.

Originally posted by Bufford

As much as I like the Rodgers pick. This is why I didn't want to go CB with the #9 overall.

We could of had Merriman or Mike Williams....and gotten a guy like McQuarters to go with Harris. That would of been good for a year.

just 20/20 hindsight.

But that doesn't serve our long-term problems at corner. Rogers was brought in not to just satisfy a current hole at the #2 CB spot, but to eventually take over from the aging Springs. I bet we take another CB with a first-day pick within the next two seasons...

Originally posted by Bufford

just 20/20 hindsight.

I'd be a little gun-shy about drafting WRs with a top 10 pick. I mean we've had 3 busts in a row(Howard, Westbrook, Gardner). On the other hand, we've been 100% good with our drafting of first day CB's. I think you can even extend that to DB's and include Sean Taylor.

Add to that the fact that its a lot easier to find a top-tier WR in the later rounds and as an undrafted free agent than it is to find a CB, and I agree with the Rogers pick.

The last thing I want is another guy to drop 10 balls in one game, then catch a 9 yarder and start making first down signals :doh:

I think we did just right in getting a dependable guy like Patten and a playmaker like Moss to add to guys like Thrash and Jacobs. If one of them turns into a Pro-Bowler, even better.

Plus it normally takes WR's about 3 years to develop.

I'm just had so many questions about taking Williams.

Rogers protects the future of the corner position for us with Harris and Springs having had some injuries and getting older. I'd absolutely be THRILLED adding McQuarters. A solid, starting-level guy who fills the third or fourth corner spot, backed by deep, versatile safeties. We already have the makings of one of the deepest secondaries in football. McQuarters would solidify that and improve special teams options in the process.

Originally posted by blakman211

I'd be a little gun-shy about drafting WRs with a top 10 pick. I mean we've had 3 busts in a row(Howard, Westbrook, Gardner). On the other hand, we've been 100% good with our drafting of first day CB's. I think you can even extend that to DB's and include Sean Taylor.

Add to that the fact that its a lot easier to find a top-tier WR in the later rounds and as an undrafted free agent than it is to find a CB, and I agree with the Rogers pick.

The last thing I want is another guy to drop 10 balls in one game, then catch a 9 yarder and start making first down signals :doh:

I think we did just right in getting a dependable guy like Patten and a playmaker like Moss to add to guys like Thrash and Jacobs. If one of them turns into a Pro-Bowler, even better.

Plus it normally takes WR's about 3 years to develop.

I'm just had so many questions about taking Williams.

Those are some great points:notworthy

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

It just goes to show us that MIKE WILLIAMS was the pick. We blew that one but we have to move on. If we sign this guy we should have got Big Mike.

Let's see how well he does after one full year out of football before saying "I told ya so".

I agree with Blackman, C.Rogers was the way to go with this pick.

Originally posted by Gothtimus

Would like to see more of Antonio Brown at PR ad KR

Who was the guy who started to return punts for us late last year... he had some very good potential. Was that Brown? I don't recall that as being the name.

Apparently Gibbs got a look at our receivers and quarterbacks during OTA's and decided we better stack up on the defensive side of the ball cause we're not going to be scoring many points.

Just kidding.

Hopefully.

Originally posted by Hooper

Apparently Gibbs got a look at our receivers and quarterbacks during OTA's and decided we better stack up on the defensive side of the ball cause we're not going to be scoring many points.

Just kidding.

Hopefully.

Darksiders strike again!

;)

We have Garnel Wilds who was a rookie for us last year and played well for aq rookie. He stacked up great in his last game when he was guarding Randy Moss. Our pick should have been for Williams (6'61/2'') We have the number 3 defense but one of the worst offenses in the league, Williams would have been smarter, followed by an influx of later round DB's instead of getting all Fullbacks in the later rounds. I do like CR though and Im happy, i just think we were a little hasty with that pick. Nobody expected Williams to be there, what if he would have slid to Dallas' pick, then we would have been in some deep Shyte then. Either way we made out well.

Archived