Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McQuarters to visit Skins

Chrisbob74

Originally posted by Stew

We have Garnel Wilds who was a rookie for us last year and played well for aq rookie. He stacked up great in his last game when he was guarding Randy Moss. Our pick should have been for Williams (6'61/2'') We have the number 3 defense but one of the worst offenses in the league, Williams would have been smarter, followed by an influx of later round DB's instead of getting all Fullbacks in the later rounds. I do like CR though and Im happy, i just think we were a little hasty with that pick. Nobody expected Williams to be there, what if he would have slid to Dallas' pick, then we would have been in some deep Shyte then. Either way we made out well.

2 new starting recievers

2 new starting offensive linemen

the right starting quarterback

and a backup incase he sucks

how can you not say the offense was not overhalled? the defense needed some love in the draft, and they got it with rogers and mccune.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

what about signing our draft picks instead of bringing in these new guys. :idea:

Very good point!! However, these guys are proven vets, and we're getting them pretty darn cheep.

Originally posted by Art

Rogers protects the future of the corner position for us with Harris and Springs having had some injuries and getting older. I'd absolutely be THRILLED adding McQuarters. A solid, starting-level guy who fills the third or fourth corner spot, backed by deep, versatile safeties. We already have the makings of one of the deepest secondaries in football. McQuarters would solidify that and improve special teams options in the process.

I would too would feel a lot more comfortable about having this guy on the roster, because I'm very worried about Springs having another injury free year (I should say almost injury free year). Rodgers is a rookie, and you never truly know what you're going to get, and the thought of Harris and Wilds playing the #2 and slot respectively.

I am not saying the offense wasnt overhauled, but compared to our D the offense is our red headed step child that gets no love. Garnell Wilds in underrated was the point i am trying to make. He did a great job for a rookie last year and his name will be coming up more and more. I think Wilds will be a Redskin for quite some time.

Originally posted by MikeB

Who was the guy who started to return punts for us late last year... he had some very good potential. Was that Brown? I don't recall that as being the name.

yes it was and ever since i too have been looking forward to seeing him get somemore chances to return kicks

Originally posted by jivelikenice

RW is a better player then Harris and if signed could push for a starting role until Rogers comes along....I was hoping that we would sign RW instead of drafting a cb prior to the draft....

He was only released a couple days ago....up until then I think it was up in the air whether or not he was going to re-sign with the Bears.

Originally posted by MikeB

Who was the guy who started to return punts for us late last year... he had some very good potential. Was that Brown? I don't recall that as being the name.

yeah it was Antonio Brown... say bye to Chad Morton

Originally posted by authentic

yeah it was Antonio Brown... say bye to Chad Morton

Thanks (you too Redskinss)! This guy provided an immediate impact on the anemic return game last year. As soon as he was on the field the threat was there.

Won't miss Chad one bit.

I wish people would stop acting as if passing on Mike Williams is akin to taking Sam Bowie instead of Michael Jordan :rolleyes:

There is no guarantee that Williams is going to be any more in the NFL than Keyshawn has turned out to be.

While Keyshawn was a solid player, is anyone going to remember him as one of the best of his generation? Of course not.

In the age of the 6'0 or 6'1 corner (or bigger check out out Antrel Rolle), a guy like Williams that runs a 4.55 40 isn't going to be more than a possession receiver.

I don't see him as the lynchpin of a downfield passing attack.

Washington Redskins Updated:05/25/2005

R.W. McQuarters is expected to visit the Redskins in the next couple of days, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. The Dolphins are interested in him as well, according to the Miami Herald.

HELL YEA BOYS

cbs.sportsline.com rumor mill

hes a pimp

love tha hair

Archived