Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

<Woman stealing foul ball from little kid

I've never caught a foul ball but I've been near a few and stupidity of grown adults around a baseball amazes me. I watched two guys almost knock a guy out of his wheelchair b/c the ball rolled under it once. I went to a Sox-O's game at Comiskey last year and the woman behind me whacked me in the head trying to get a ball that landed a good 5 feet in front of me. The only ok story I have was in the bleachers in St. Louis, when a home run hit a young girl 2 rows in front of me. The guy sitting directly behind me caught the ball but he saw what'd happened and he voluntarily gave the ball to the little girl. (Even in the case of the woman in the picture, I get that the adrenaline rush of potentially catching the ball made her do what she did, but I'm amazed she didn't immediately realize what she'd done).

I've never caught a foul ball but I've been near a few and stupidity of grown adults around a baseball amazes me. I watched two guys almost knock a guy out of his wheelchair b/c the ball rolled under it once. I went to a Sox-O's game at Comiskey last year and the woman behind me whacked me in the head trying to get a ball that landed a good 5 feet in front of me. The only ok story I have was in the bleachers in St. Louis, when a home run hit a young girl 2 rows in front of me. The guy sitting directly behind me caught the ball but he saw what'd happened and he voluntarily gave the ball to the little girl. (Even in the case of the woman in the picture, I get that the adrenaline rush of potentially catching the ball made her do what she did, but I'm amazed she didn't immediately realize what she'd done).

I watched that a couple times, mouth agape. If I had been anywhere near that woman she would have heard from me. Hopefully that little girl got some justice in the end.

I've never been near a foul ball, but one time I was in the first or second row in the outfield at Turner Field for pregame warmups. There was a little boy with a glove by the railing not far from me, trying for a ball. When they finished up, guy for the other team tossed it our way and it went right to me. I caught it, took in a good look at the ball, and gave it to the kid. Honestly the thought of keeping it never even crossed my mind.

That woman is just a bad person. No two ways about it.

I've never been near a foul ball, but one time I was in the first or second row in the outfield at Turner Field for pregame warmups. .

I caught a foul ball from Roberto Alomar @ Camden yards back in the late 90s :)

My buddy sitting next to me would've had a better shot at it, but he was gone to the bathroom.

the look on his face when he got back... pwned. :)

My wife and I rode those on our honeymoon in Hawaii. We saw them on a show on the travel channel and added them to our list of things to do. It was pretty cool, but my only complaint was the divers that go down with you, control you just a little too much. I gave up trying to move around after a while and just let the fish come to me. They give you bread to feed them right out of your hand.