Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone just hear Frank Herzog on SportsTalk 980?

jtyler42

I'm not opposed to having the Redskins approach the arbitrator (and the NFL) about voiding his contract all together. He's got great PLAYMAKING POTENTIAL, with tremendous physical talents, but it doesn't do the Redskins any good if he's hurt or refuses to play within the framework of the defensive scheme.

I disagree. I think Lavar would have helped in the Philly game and some of these other games. He makes other teams adjust their game plan. The D is just playing well without him, but he would have made the unit better.

Start with Morton, Brunell, Gardner, and Samuels if you need players to dump. Samuels would be my last cut, however.

I love how after every loss we GM's here manage to trade away our whole roster. If the skins would listen to most people on this board we wouldn't have a team left to field.

And by the way it's a 6.5 mil dispute not 8 million and he never said he wanted his contract voided...I swear you guys make the most insane generalizations.

Originally posted by Fred Jones

I disagree. I think Lavar would have helped in the Philly game and some of these other games. He makes other teams adjust their game plan. The D is just playing well without him, but he would have made the unit better.

Start with Morton, Brunell, Gardner, and Samuels if you need players to dump. Samuels would be my last cut, however.

Samuels if released or traded would save us the most money next year.. if LA contract voids, he too would save us a pretty dime too.

Originally posted by Fred Jones

Im with you on that one, we should start with those players and bring samuels back...

Originally posted by Cskin

I'm not opposed to having the Redskins approach the arbitrator (and the NFL) about voiding his contract all together. He's got great PLAYMAKING POTENTIAL, with tremendous physical talents, but it doesn't do the Redskins any good if he's hurt or refuses to play within the framework of the defensive scheme.

If that could be worked out it would probably be best for both Lavar and the team. It would let him chase the contract he wants (someone will pay) and would free up the cap space to fill some or even all of these holes in our lineup.

I understand he's been through the different coordinators on D and I admire his enthusiasm and that he tries to say all the right things, but that contract is ridiculous.

I'll believe it when I see it though.

We really haven't seen how effective LaVar can be in this defense and how much he could make the overall unit even better because he's been out for 9 weeks. I seriously don't believe Bettis would've been so effective running on the strongside if LaVar had been in the game. Marshall and Clemons did an admirable job for backups, but Lavar simply brings more to the table. It's ludicrous to believe they could be good replacements for what he brings to the table.

Archived