Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone just hear Frank Herzog on SportsTalk 980?

jtyler42

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

AMEN! I love Lavar Arrington but it would benefit the Skins greatly to move on an free up tremendous cap space, plus he is not a free agent and the best thing to do would be to trade him.

Lavar is playmaker that plays his way out of position more often than not. He looks good on highlight films but is way too often out of position why do you think the D has been better without him. They haven't missed a beat I think you could move Pierce back to his natural position and find a mlb who is more than adequate. Dumping Samuels, Arrington and Gardner and taking the Brunnell hit next year would put the skins in great cap shape and would allow them to sign Gibbs type players. I'm a big Lavar fan but team could be better off without him!!! Seems to me Gibbs won 3 superbowls his biggest stars on the team were OL and WR seems to me those are our two biggest weaknesses.

We need more of this type of guy and the one we have is on crutches.

Originally posted by bricucci

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

AMEN! I love Lavar Arrington but it would benefit the Skins greatly to move on an free up tremendous cap space, plus he is not a free agent and the best thing to do would be to trade him.

Do you have any idea how much trading him will kill our cap? We'll have to eat the entire SB in one year. Stupid, stupid idea. Same as trading him. His contract is not going to be negated. He has nothing to stand on at arbitration, especially considering his long absence from the field.

He's not going anywhere.

Nick

Originally posted by bwall-2

People are always saying LA is a playmaker,that's fine and dandy but our defense hasn't missed a beat without him.And you don't have to have a playmaker to have a great defense.All you need is good,smart players.

When we lost Bowen, we lost a key component of the Blitz package. When we lost Lavar, we lost someone who could line up as a DE and defend the pass as well as run. Don't fool yourself into thinking the Defense is as good as it can be without him or even Bowen. Lavar really only played one strong game because he was injured against Tampa. Don't get fooled into thinking there's no downgrade from him to Marshall in this sytem. There most definately is.

Nick

We were effective against the run today with the LB's we had in there.

I really like Clemons too.

I know I will get a lot of flack but Frank may have been onto something. I need to check out the possible scenarios though before I decide on my position. One thing is for certain.... our defense is playing solid without him.

Originally posted by jtyler42

Herzog just suggested that we get rid of Lavar and attempt to gain draft picks to upgrade our team speed in the draft...He said that the D is playing fine w/out him and that he really hasnt played that well when he was in there....

What do you think?

We can't afford to take the pro-rated signing bonus hit. -- Only way this would work if the NFL arbitrator "voids" the contract over the 8 million dollar "dispute" ; which I doubt will happen.

Originally posted by bwall-2

What I'm saying is that the defense we have right now is superbowl quality without LA.Grated they might be better with him,but they don't need him.And if they can fill up some of our holes on the O-Line and D-Line by trading LA,then so be it.

Thats like saying the Eagles didnt nead McNabb when Feely was in

Amen to that Bulldog. Lavar is a personal favorite but if we could avoid the cap hit and could get two top choices or a very good player and a top pick, I'd have to consider it.

We have a great defense without Lavar. Could he add to that? Maybe. I've never thought Lavar has lived up to his potential as a team player. Compare him to Ray Lewis and you'll understand my point of view.

On the other hand, our offense is an insult to nature. If we're going to be competitive at all next year, we have to get some players because, well, we just don't have the horses right now.

I've been a proponent of drafting defense the last several years but not in 2005. Somehow, we have to stablize our OL and get a big play WR.

Archived