Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you happy with the Sean Taylor pick?

semiskin

I said before the draft and still say it. A win win situation no matter which one of the 2 was drafted. Both are exceptional athletes who have trancended the usual blase' fare of their respective positions. Both positions are changing these days and these 2 guys are the best at those. I like Taylor more than K2 because of the defense Williams will want to/probably run needs a guy like him more than maybe the offense Joe may plan to run needs Winslow. That and k2 got on my nerves a little. How's that for sound football reasoning? ;)

Taylor was the right pick. I have said all along that we should pick either K2 or Taylor. Once K2 picked the Postons and some of his character traits came out Taylor became the obvious choice.

Also, with the pickup of a pass catching TE in the third round that can also block, I believe our H-back position has been sufficiently upgraded. K2 would have been nice, but we needed help on defense more.

The trade down pick up a Dline prospect people need to have more faith in Williams and Gibbs. I have faith that Taylor will allow Williams to put 8 men in the box and blitz from all different angles without having to sacrifice the big play with poor coverage DBs. I have faith that Williams can design game plans to take advantage of our strengths and minimize our weaknesses.

If we can find a post June 1 cut that costs us very little that would be even better. I also hope we can pick up some URFA’s to help in years to come.

I've wanted Taylor for the past 2 years, ever since he wont the starting safety job at Miami. And I HATE Miami so thats saying a lot.

He's a beast.

He was the right pick.

When teams focus all they have and their schemes to aviod Lavar and not allow Lavar to make plays you just wish we had another Lavar Arrington so that they couldnt do it.

Uh oh, now we do.

:thumbsup:

Iwanted Winslow because I think Joe would have EXCEEDED on the past by exploiting KW2's unique talents. He would have blended this into a killer/unstoppable offensive machine. We will now resemble something closer to what he has done in the past. So.........for me...this is a "what could have been."

that said.......one has to be excited about Taylor if he is what he has been advertised as being. Lavar remains the heart of the defense anyway......so this, to me, is a very good piece of a machine being assembled over a 2 year time period.

Yes, Taylor was the best pick. KW2 would have been a nice addition, but that offense needs to go through Portis and Coles, there just arent enough balls to go around if Winslow were the pick.

Taylor changes the game, he'll make opposing O coordinators adjust their game plans because of his abilities. After seeing up close what Roy Williams does for, ugh, Dallas, I cant wait to see Taylor lay hits on TO, Shockey, McNabb, Keyshawn, and Drew Henson....in that order.

Originally posted by Skins26

I've wanted Taylor for the past 2 years, ever since he wont the starting safety job at Miami. And I HATE Miami so thats saying a lot.

He's a beast.

He was the right pick.

When teams focus all they have and their schemes to aviod Lavar and not allow Lavar to make plays you just wish we had another Lavar Arrington so that they couldnt do it.

Uh oh, now we do.

I'm in total agreement with you Skins26, I despise the Hurricanes and all that is Miami (except for South Beach and all the bunnies down there), but the past two seasons Taylor was the difference maker in the FSU vs. Miami games. The man did it all he hit, he covered, intercepted passes, and blitzed the passer. The man is as multi-dimensional as it gets. I mean even the Browns were trying to trade up to get him.

As good as K2 is (and to his credit he played with a sub-par QB last year and an inconsistent running game) there are two many risks involved with him, i.e his character, his temper, and in our teams case, his agents.

taylor = a nice pick.

we now hav one of the often-overlooked ingredients of a playoff team, an above average/great safety. just take a look.

chiefs: jerome woods

cowboys: roy williams

NE: rodney harrison

rams: archuleta/aeneas williams

ravens: ed reed

the list goes on and on...

Originally posted by Skins26

He's a beast.

He was the right pick.

Uh oh, now we do.

Good point about Lavar. You can only put 11 men on the field, but guys like Lavar and Taylor have the impact of two players in one body. Taylor can take the place of two guys in the secondary and that lets you bring one more to the line. Now offenses have to worry about Lavar, Washington, and that other safety crowding the box. Where is that blitz coming from? Where is the soft spot you want to hit for the run? Uh oh. The offense is confused, the QB is getting jumpy, and the recievers are getting alligator arms thinking about getting hit by Taylor. Sucks to be them.

But the bottom line is Taylor is a playmaker and big plays win games.

:wave: :D

Originally posted by RF4L

I actually didn't realize that it was none other than Sean Taylor who nearly single-handedly beat the Seminoles last year.:doh:

Yeah, I'm glad he's ours.:)

Yeah, it was him. Not only am I glad he's ours now, but I'm also glad that he won't be terrorizing FSU anymore. He was all over the place in the game in Tallahassee this year.

In the words of the Rattlesnake

Can I get a He11 Yea

AS Counselor Williams pointed out the offense already has a slew of first rounders and pro bowlers while the defense only had Lavar.

We needed an impact player on defense and we have one now

I have seen too many other teams with big, strong, safeties lay the wood to some of our players. Now we have the ammunition to really smack somebody if they come across the middle.

Bugel was talking slobberknocker football on the offense but with Taylor and Arrington maybe we can have some slobberknocker on the defense as well.

I guess if the FO didn't see the need to trade down from 5 or even draft DLine in the later rounds then they must be comfortable with our present lineup. Good enough for me.

KW2 would have been a luxury. Sure he would make our offense that much better, but I'm pretty sure we have one of the most high powered offenses in the league as it is. On paper at least. We'll see how quickly they learn the system and find their rhythm.

I think our secondary needed more than just Shawn Springs to fill the void left by Bailey. Add Taylor in there, move LaVar back to his natural postion and give them aggressive schemes to utilize their their strengths, now you've got a secondary that quarterbacks are not going to have an easy time throwing into.

With any luck McNabb will spend all game running for his life while TO is blanketed and we get a nice shot of TO running around all mad on the sidelines and yelling at people. How cool would that be? Sweeeeet!!

Originally posted by semiskin

.... As good as K2 is (and to his credit he played with a sub-par QB last year and an inconsistent running game) there are two many risks involved with him, i.e his character, his temper, and in our teams case, his agents.

What is it about his character? I've heard people question his character and temper, the only example I hear is the "capital crime" of refering to himself as a soldier and being mad about a loss. This is how Howard Dean got labelled as a screaming lunatic by the press, and we all bought it, based on one out of context clip.

Of course he did not for one moment think he was doing the same thing as our troops in Iraq for example. Isn't that the kind of mentality that coaches try to instill in football players? Lets's get real please.

PS: This is not meant to attack you Semiskin. I just got tired of reading and hearing about his character without any other examples. I also preferred the Taylor pick.

Archived