Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you happy with the Sean Taylor pick?

semiskin

Anytime you have the opportunity to take the best defensive player in the entire draft with the 5th pick you've done OK!

And as spm so aptly said ..."bad attitude and DUMB AS A BOX OF ROCKS"

I don't believe that KW2 ever was seriously considered for the 5th pick.

You guys should be VERY happy with the Sean Taylor pick.

He will do wonders for your defense.

PLus on the bright side, Eli MAnning will get to face Sean TAylor, Roy Williams, and Briam Dawkins twice a year each! :)

I'm thrilled. Taylor was the best Defensive player available and will be a pre-season favorite for rookie of the year. And while it would've been nice to add quality to the D-line, highly placed sources tell me that there will be another draft in 2005.

Wanted the trade down. There's is very little doubt in my mind that the rumored Pats deal (5 for 20 and 21 and possibly a little more) would have been the better options considering we could (at least if I were GM) grabbed both Udeze and Wilfork and for a total signing bonus at least 25% less than what Taylor will command.

Taylor will probably prove to be a very good player, I hope so anyway, but it wasn't the right move in my view. Not with a DL like ours, and pro bowl caliber safeties available fairly often for a signing bonus of about a 1/3 of what Taylor will command.

Originally posted by method man

taylor = a nice pick.

we now hav one of the often-overlooked ingredients of a playoff team, an above average/great safety. just take a look.

chiefs: jerome woods

cowboys: roy williams

NE: rodney harrison

rams: archuleta/aeneas williams

ravens: ed reed

the list goes on and on...

Eagles: Brian Dawkins and Michael Lewis:thumbsup:

Once it came down to a straight fight between KW2 and Taylor I realised I really wanted the safety. It was a combination of our lack of success at that position, plus the importance to Williams' defence and also partly the suspicions about Winslow's character and choice of agents. I was thrilled to bits when I saw his name come up, he should be a great addition to our team.

:cool:

Somewhat happy with taylor (Taylor over Winslow made sence), but would have been happier with trade down. Just not excited by this draft. Felt that way last year too. Taylor is an understandable pick just like Jacobs was last year... but, I question whether he was the best pick.

Archived