Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Entering a new phase on the board -- READ NOW.

Art

Even Madder you know what a fake post is.

It's worse during the off season because we are all hanging around waiting for news. It doesn't give an excuse for winding people up. That's like allowing people to shoot people just because it's not the hunting season.

The worst is when there are 3 threads on the first page with the exact same title (for example: Ramsey to Dallas???). People are so anxious to scoop the next guy that they don't even bother to scan the board first. Those people should get booted out.

I admit that prior to this new ordinance today I posted a somewhat phony but not clown-worthy message that was merely intended to lighten the mood around here. But I fully support this new system.

Originally posted by Even Madder

Hmmmm... sounds like me.

So let's get this straight: you're banning people for fake posts, and that's it?

You said "rules", not "rule". Are there other banning offenses, or just the capricious whims of a self-important blowhard? As multiple-time victim of banishment, I think some clarity is in order.

Are you still banning for lies? For example, if I muse aloud that Ramsey might be happier in Miami because he's from the South, does that qualify as a lie because I don't have two or more sources willing to comment on the record that Ramsey is, indeed, from the South?

And what about fake posts? What if I post something written by Pastabelly that we all know is total bulls****? Does that count as a fake post? What if I take a quote and change a couple words like substituting "Pool Boy" for "Cerrato"? Is that a fake post? What if I make up something from whole cloth, like "I just heard that the Skins are trading Gardner" and it turns out to be true?

What about heresy? What if I say that Joe Gibbs, at his current age and in his current health, and so far removed from the game, might not ever be as good as he was?

What about your personal favorite: "lies" (distinct from actual lies). I mean pointing out that you said the Skins have good depth on the DL, won't have many changes to the roster this offseason, or that Rod Jones is a great player? Are those banning offenses or not?

It's the offseason, Art. Lighten up. Imagine how quiet it would be around here if all these Chicken Littles weren't running around pulling their Brunell feathers out.

Dude. If you don't know the answer to those questions, maybe you should just sign off now. :doh:

Seems to me the one who need to chill out is you. Art is only responding to an issue that all of the mods and most long time posters are concerned about.

As for what else can get you banned, I would think hurling insults such as calling someone a self important blowhard just might fall into that catagory.

Originally posted by TK421 Homey G Slice

Nice ringtone. :) Are you saying you're leaving, or are you just :paranoid: after what Todd said? :laugh:

i was looking for the pefect music for this thread, but i could only find the ringtone not the actual song :laugh:

why would i be worried about todd, he isn't cranky anymore ;)

You know I rarely post. Mostly I read. Reason being is by the time I'm through a thread most of the people have brought up the points I was going to make. I'd like to think that makes me a responsible poster. I'm not adding to the clutter. Hope this doesn't make me any less of an Extremeskins fan. Please recognize that.

Wow, the rehiring of Gibbs hasn't only had a big effect on the team. He is influencing message board admins too. He is more powerful than I thought. :D

And I am looking for a new pic for my sig. I think I can find a little more clothed Stacy Kiebler. Hmmmm, let's see.

Edit: Is this better? Now she is covered up more. Wait, this isn't better!!!!! :cry:

Originally posted by WallyG3

I didn't notice who number three was?

There used to be a list of everyone on the Banned List, but it was conspicuously removed today...

I noticed that as well. It made it alot easier to keep score.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

I think EL should be banned just for that sig alone. :D

Nah, Tom. Not worth it. A fantasy that has no hope of ever happening. :)

Sorry, EL, I'm still quite grumpy and angry at those bums.

As to the topic, I've actually considered using the ignore feature for the first time ever. I can take a ribbing from my buddies Chief Skin and Mike B. et. al. but taking crap from someone who has no idea what kind of person I am, what I stand for, what I've contributed here - that I won't take.

Cheers to Blade, Die Hard and the other mods for their vigilant policing.

BTW, where did all these 'Skins fans suddenly come from? :D

Originally posted by Blazers21

Nah, Tom. Not worth it. A fantasy that has no hope of ever happening. :)

Sorry, EL, I'm still quite grumpy and angry at those bums.

BTW, where did all these 'Skins fans suddenly come from? :D

Well, you're right about that anyway, it won't happen. :(

I'm not sure where these Skins fans showed up from either. Isn't this an Eagles board? ;)

Archived