Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Rookie camp/OTA/Training camp thread.

Luvu press conference...

Aa

Highlights from today's practice...

Bbb

Leftover St. Juste interview from yesterday...

Cc

John the Baptist short...

Dd

Jamin Davis short...

Ee

D-line short...

Ff

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

From WAPO: "Day 2 of practice will focus again on red zone work, with the addition of game and clock management, Coach Dan Quinn said Thursday morning. The team is going to run through situations from the two-minute warning to the end of a half."

Was that even a thing in Rivera's training camps, let alone Day 2?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stoox said:

From WAPO: "Day 2 of practice will focus again on red zone work, with the addition of game and clock management, Coach Dan Quinn said Thursday morning. The team is going to run through situations from the two-minute warning to the end of a half."

Was that even a thing in Rivera's training camps, let alone Day 2?

Can't remember. But last year's camp was ran by Eric Bieniemy, he dictated what was being worked on and how. Rivera gave that control up.

Sorry for the "non-news" post here, but have a training camp question was hoping someone could help me out with. 

I just purchased two tickets for Sunday through Ebay. (Thanks, scalpers). I received the ticket transfer through SeatGeek, but now I'm reading on the team page "you MUST have a parking pass to park on site. Claim one through SeatGeek." I'm seeing no options or ability to do this. Anyone know how a parking pass can be otherwise obtained? 

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

I hope the "much improved" from Forbes isn't like when I much improved my grade in math from an F- all the way up to an F+.

Kid worries the hell out of me.

hopefully they identify quickly if he can play or not. Because if he can't, I'm calling up Stephon Gilmore and am offering a 1 year overpayment to come in.

15 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Is it my imagination of did Quinn just call mathis a jag without even realizing it?

Good catch.  Hey, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Edited by RandyHolt

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

I hope the "much improved" from Forbes isn't like when I much improved my grade in math from an F- all the way up to an F+.

Kid worries the hell out of me.

I think from purely a scheme and coaching standpoint he’s gonna shine… he’s got that ballhawk you want but he was simply misused by JDR and staff last year, which put him in bad positions and broke his confidence.

Based on what I’ve heard from the coaching staff, that’ll be a thing of the past. He and the rest of the defense will be put in situations they excel at which is what a good staff does.  And listening to the St. Juste interview, that along with knowing where your help is and simplifying the keys should help him and all the players develop nicely.  And if you can’t you won’t be here long.  

I’m not worried about him at all…

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Is it my imagination of did Quinn just call mathis a jag without even realizing it?

I think you're spot on!

DQ on Phidarian Mathis:

"Ive really been impressed by Phil...He's just a guy that's not going to miss this opportunity"

That's a textbook example of "condemnation by faint praise".

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

Very telling in the St. Juste interview that the previous staff would not make corrections on mechanics. And when they did try and teach they threw so much at everyone that nobody could keep up. Curious to see how much a real coaching staff can work with Forbes and get him at least respectable. So glad to have moved on from Rivera and Co. 

• Like 10