Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

We have been awful in the past with 2nd round picks. Hoping the new GM breaks that trend.

Indeed.  2nd round is where you can really build out that roster.  High chances at starters if you hit.  Lower elite chance but still there.  And that's okay bc those are the mid-cost solid guys who you keep on the roster for a decade bc their 2nd contract doesn't kill you.

Missing consistently in the 2nd hollows out the roster something fierce, see *gestures wildly at Rivera roster*

Just now, MartinC said:

I’d tell that to Jayden not me 😂

He's too busy running away for me to catch up and comfort him.

Wow lookit him go.  Zooooom.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Crap there goes Foster

Many corners left, actually E. Jones is gone from that list

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 12.52.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 12.52.34 PM.png

We brought a few corners in that are still left, got to think one of those is lined up in the 5th. 

16 minutes ago, method man said:

Seriously @Conn? This narrative coming from you of all posters?

Narrative? Is it some sort of difficult moral quandary to just post your opinion without putting it on a pedestal by putting swaths of people who disagree with you in a “groupthink homer talk” bucket? I don’t know what’s controversial about saying that doing so is both: 

1. Doing a disservice to plenty of posters here who put a lot of thought into their own opinions that happen to disagree with yours 

and 

2. Giving undue importance to your own opinion, which you have argued well in an otherwise informative manner. And yet you’re still just as likely to be wrong. 

I may call someone a dummy once in a while but I don’t think it helps the discourse to say that anyone who thinks X is suffering from Y delusion lol

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sinnott was my top TE, even over Bowers. I think he's going to beast the NFL.

He's unmatched as a blocker and has every tool to be a receiver. He's Cooley on steroids.

TE, FB, HB everything. This offense is going to run through him in a couple years.

Favorite over Bowers wow.  He was my #2.

I'd seriously consider Stover, Wiley, McClaughlan in the 5th if one of them falls.  Packers last year doubled up on TE.

I still favor edge though in theory if the draft keeps going like this or CB.

'

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 12.57.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 12.58.05 PM.png

3 minutes ago, method man said:

What is everyone’s take on Rouse? I think that is who may realistically be there in the 5th. 

I wrote about him on the draft thread not long ago.  Bioengineering major, smart dude.  Good length, not the best athlete.  Solid though.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Erick All woulda been good if we hadn't gotten Sinnott.  Injury risk but sky high potential if he'd stayed healthy.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

With measurables like that Coleman sure seems like a guy w/ a body type that can play tackle.

He logged reps at T and G in college, why was there so much of a question as to why he might be a G? Was he better at G or something?

He played 4 games at guard this past year.  He's also only 6'4" and change so I think he gets that "tweener who probably is best inside" analysis thing.  I don't agree.

• Thanks 1

Every DT and TE that goes makes me smile and pushes down someone else. I’m starting to feel that way about WR as well even though I wouldn’t say no to another (hell I’d take another TE also but none of the guys who have gone are my flavor) 

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

OT Foster gone, good player at this stage.

I am hoping for Christian Jones, RT from Texas at pick #139, if he makes it to our pick.  :) 

I'd like J. TROTTER, STOVER OR BRENDON RICE. From the beginning I wanted all 3 of McCaffery, Trotter and Rice. We have 1 of them and 2 are still left. 

Edited by HoggLife
  • Thumb up 1

Christian Jones is still my top available target. I don’t think there’s a chance he falls to us, though.

Stover. Estime. Allen. 

Lots of talent available. 

I’m half paying attention… Trotter Jr is still out there too, isn’t he?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Narrative? Is it some sort of difficult moral quandary to just post your opinion without putting it on a pedestal by putting swaths of people who disagree with you in a “groupthink homer talk” bucket? I don’t know what’s controversial about saying that doing so is both: 

1. Doing a disservice to plenty of posters here who put a lot of thought into their own opinions that happen to disagree with yours 

and 

2. Giving undue importance to your own opinion, which you have argued well in an otherwise informative manner. And yet you’re still just as likely to be wrong. 

The point is, if you thought my statement was rude, why did you follow up with a rude response? You have a history of doing this regularly. 

Rereading my first sentence, could I have stated it better? Sure. Unlike most threads, this is one tied to a rapid pace event.

You don’t need to try to be a shadow mod on this board. We have a good group of mods doing an excellent job of keeping things organized in such a way that it has been the “cigar room” of team discussion and has kept me coming back here the last 20+ years.

This is my last post on the matter because I’d rather talk draft rather than prioritize subjective opinions on forum decorum today

Pat Kirwan was on Sirius NFL radio this week talking about all of the still available free agents who will get phone calls immediately after the draft. I gotta believe we'll be involved in some of that and that's why some of these free agents haven't signed yet. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Concerning that’s he’s being ignored by the rest of the world so far…..

Hmmmm.  Is all good with you, 74?  :)  Just asking.  :)  

Just now, RWJ said:

Hmmmm.  Is all good with you, 74?  :)  Just asking.  :)  

I’m great thanks 

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Eagles are so annoying. They always find a way to massively improve their roster both now and in the future. 

That’s a move I’d have supported 

• Haha 1