Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

I’m surprised there isn’t more hype here for Kool-Aid. He’s a perfect scheme fit. Our corners are a joke. BSJ and Forbes at the top of the depth chart? 

Kool-Aid is the guy I hope drops to 36. I’d go BPA again at 40. 

there will be some right tackles at 67. I think we are probably to the point where we should be planning on drafting a LT in the 1st next year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

I’m surprised there isn’t more hype here for Kool-Aid. He’s a perfect scheme fit. Our corners are a joke. BSJ and Forbes at the top of the depth chart? 

there will be some right tackles at 67. I think we are probably to the point where we should be planning on drafting a LT in the 1st next year.

I'm honestly surprised he's still on the table and totally agree with you it's really surprising that he hasn't been hyped up more. 

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Value at the top of the second is looking like CB. 

One of DeJean or McKinstry should be there. Also Cooper at LB is a nice option.

Im hoping though that we get McConkey. He can play outside but I’d use him more inside - plug him in the slot and he’s an 80+ catch a season guy.

Mcconkey is the next cooper kupp, get him

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think Kool-aid had injury issue. He will not last long.

Last long in the draft or career?? I had no idea about the injury issue,  but I've kinda been out of the pre draft loop this year

8 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

He's much better than any of the OT available right now.

You could take him at 36. You really have to use 40 for oline then. The Lt spot needs to be filled we passed on it in FA.

Edited by Redskins 2021

It’s Cooper DeJean or Kool - Aid for me at 36 if they’re there.

Whilst tackle is the bigger need, our secondary is still a huge need and we’re already into the realm of project tackles, so if we can get our hands on one of those DB’s who let’s face it should’ve been in the first round, that would be a home run for us.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Last long in the draft or career?? I had no idea about the injury issue,  but I've kinda been out of the pre draft loop this year

It’s just a jones fracture in the foot. He had surgery after his pro day I think. There is no residual issue with those kinds of injuries. It will be like it never happened. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

You could take him at 36. You really have to use 40 for oline then

I would be happy with any combination of Kool-Aid, Ladd McConkey, Edge Cooper, Cooper DeJean, or Adonai Mitchell at 36 and 40.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I like Kool Aid and he’d be awesome at 36 but perfect scheme fit??? He is < 6 feet tall and was not known for being a pick machine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I understand sticking with the board, BPA, all that stuff.  But we have absolutely nothing at LT.  How can we go corner and WR at 36 and 40, and have any level of comfort about Daniels blindside.

Kingsley is really the only guy I'd take at 36.  Otherwise, I'd just sign a stopgap like Donovan Smith to be the LT for next year.  We need potential bluechip players.  I'm hoping Kool-Aid falls to 36 (I think DeJean is going to go before we pick to either Buffalo or a team that trades up).  Unfortunately, I think NE snatches Kingsley at 35.  There are a ton of RT prospects that we can get with our early 3rd.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  

I'm targeting at least one trade down from one of our 2nds to get an additional pick tonight.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FRKDBH said:

An OT to keep in mind in the later rounds is Caeden Wallace from Penn State. Right side guy that is nothing flashy but rarely loses. Solid player.

I mentioned him earlier, agree, doubt he's later round, I'd be 3rd-4th.  He came in for one of the visits.  More of a RT though

Just because we need a LT does not mean we should take a project (which is what is left now) and then have to draft yet another LT who is a premium one next year.  

Taking a dude because we need the position he plays is what the last 20+ years have been about around this franchise.  We need to repeat that like we need a hole in the head.  If AP and Co. don't believe there is a great career LT left, then take a different position that is BPA.   THAT is how the great teams are built.  And that is exactly what AP talked about when he was hired.

There are avenues we can take after the draft at LT if we don't land one tonight.  You can get a guy who was cut, a FA, etc.  There are ways to put a smart band-aid on the position for a year.  We have an extremely mobile QB as well now.  And there are also ways you can intelligently scheme to help out a weak LT position.  Plenty of teams do it every year.    

It's not ideal, but it's a whole damn lot better than reaching in the 2nd round (a round we must be the worst team in the history of the league picking in) on a dude when prospective studs at other positions are there to be had.  This is more than likely a 5-6 win team next year.  (And quite frankly, this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  Two consecutive bad years could be extremely beneficial long-term for us now that we have intelligent football people in charge.)  We were only about one rung up from an expansion franchise roster-wise when AP was hired.  Ron left us with a horrid roster.  It's gonna take time to build it right.  You do that by picking BPA.   I don't get the feeling that AP and Co. are gonna just reach like Ron did year after year after year.  

Just my two cents.  🥃

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I understand sticking with the board, BPA, all that stuff.  But we have absolutely nothing at LT.  How can we go corner and WR at 36 and 40, and have any level of comfort about Daniels blindside.

Lucas is serviceable and there will be a new wave of free agency plus cuts late in camp. I agree though that both OT spots are a concern right now.

Reaching for needs bites you - it was one of Ron’s faults.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

Personally, I think pick 33 and 34 are both going to be WR to Buffalo and New England.  I think at 36 we have to go at best player available at DB in either Dejean or Mckinistry, or whichever WR is available between Ladd, Mitchell, or Coleman (not a fan).    Not sure who will still be there at 40 but no OT out there is worth that pick.   So I either go Edge there or WR if a good one is still on board or DB/WR whichever wasnt the pick at 36.     I would then trade into the later 2nd and get that OT at a more logical position vs reaching earlier.    You will have to give up two of those thirds to get there but it would be worth it.     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Lucas is serviceable and there will be a new wave of free agency plus cuts late in camp. I agree though that both OT spots are a concern right now.

Reaching for needs bites you - it was one of Ron’s faults.

Ron also avoided glaring obvious BPA talent for character guys. Still pissed about Gonzales right now.

• Like 4

I think there are enough tackles available in this tier where we can snag a guy at 40. I think all four guys including Fisher are potential LTs. Fisher actually started on the left side as a true freshman before tearing his meniscus and Alt took his job. He was a higher regarded recruit than Alt and more athletic. Alt was bigger, longer and more consistent. The smart move here would be to try to find a way to get two of these guys

• Like 2