Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You know what I never understood?  Why people refer to other people "a (insert name)"  I think Mel Kiper might have started it, and it's caught on.

"To pass up a Trent Dilfer when all you have is Jim Harbaugh. Gimme a break.  That's why the Colts are picking second in the draft every year." To which Bill Tobin responded, "who in the hell is Mel Kiper anyway?" And the modern draft was born.  (As an aside, Mel's just about never right on QBs.  He wasn't really right about Dilfer. Who, yeah, got a SB with the Ravens, but just about anybody could have played QB and won with that team. 

But now all the draftniks are like, "You have a Drake Maye sitting there, you have to take him."  Or "If a Caleb Williams falls into your lap, you'd be crazy not to take him." 

It's an unnecessary word to make yourself sound more intelligent and theatrical.

Just remove the word.  "To pass up Trent Dilfer when all you have is Jim Harbaugh."  That's all you need. You don't need the "a."  Drop it. 

I don't know if it started before Mel or not, but I think it's his speech pattern and it's trickled through society.  And it drives me ****ing bananas.  

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Do a swap, Phins took Fulller, we take Xavien Howard. Add that to Tyron Smith and that’s the best FA class in a long time. 

simmons is a long shot, but would be a fantastic addition. Safety room crowded with Forrest, chinn, Martin, Reaves, etc

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Jarrian Jones - DB FSU. Not sure he will last until day 3, but I am banging the table

His teammate Renardo Green is also capable.

Kentucky CB Andru Phillips is a name to watch. He's on the rise. 

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Could we be one of the handful of teams……

Free-agent LT Mekhi Becton just landed in Cincy to visit with #Bengals, per source. Interesting connection: OL coach Frank Pollack coached Becton his rookie year with the #Jets in 2020. Bengals lost RT Jonah Williams to Arizona. A handful of other teams are interested.

I’m sure we are doing our due diligence

19 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Because Ron built nothing. I expect a further purge next year.

Who’s left to purge? Wylie? Who else?

The one thing you have to thank Ron for, he didn’t lock up anybody past last season.  Peters came in with g had a roster and a ton of cap space.  

I doubt it was entirely intentional, but it happened.  

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

His teammate Renardo Green is also capable.

Kentucky CB Andru Phillips is a name to watch. He's on the rise. 

Khyree Jackson 🤞

But I guess this should go in the draft thread.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Could we be one of the handful of teams……

Free-agent LT Mekhi Becton just landed in Cincy to visit with #Bengals, per source. Interesting connection: OL coach Frank Pollack coached Becton his rookie year with the #Jets in 2020. Bengals lost RT Jonah Williams to Arizona. A handful of other teams are interested.

Other than the fact Becton is a whiny, oft-injured slacker, that'd be a great get for us.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m a little surprised we didn’t do a deal like this with Fuller.  Yeah he’s older but this is a cheap deal and he’s very “ok.”

All of Ron’s free agents are being shown the door

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1