Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Afraid to say on this thread because I take bullets everytime I do it but T. Smith on a 1 year bridge and draft one.

I don’t see why that would be a bad idea.  But you have to draft a couple guys and probably sign another tackle because he spends a lot of time in the training room.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was thinking the same thing.   I'd be surprised because am thinking he's getting 10 million plus on more than a one year contract -- and it seems like on the older veterans they are going with the more conservative short term cheaper contracts.

But the way this off season going I can't rule it out. 

I'm sure we got plenty of cap space and I mean...2-3 year deal is worth an all pro safety as good as him. And he's only 30. Sure he got plenty left in the tank. 2 year 22 mil deal I'm cool wit. 6-7 mil cap hit first year and 15jsh next. In theory the cap keeps going up so it won't hit that bad

Just now, HigSkin said:

Afraid to say on this thread because I take bullets everytime I do it but T. Smith on a 1 year bridge and draft one.

With you.  I'd pay up to $8.5 mill but $7mill guaranteed. Contract would be multi incentive.

Just now, sebestian said:

My apologies. 

Still do not understand what people get from posting fake stories. 

What kind of thrill could their be??

No worries. 

The strange part is that all their other tweets seem to be legit so who knows maybe they just have damn good early information. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s actually a good question.  I’ll have to think on it.  But I’m guessing it was somewhere around 2000 when all the actual news shows, sports and otherwise, became news magazine shows and the actual reporting of facts became irrelevant.  The advent of the internet just accelerated the regression to the lowest common denominator of emotional response. 

This may need to go to the tailgate but I've stopped watching pre-game shows because they have just turned into a bunch of loudmouths acting stupid.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Skip bayless is a click bating insufferable ass hat who I wish would fall into one of the many endless pits featured in Star Wars.  

the toothy desert butthole one

• Haha 3

Just now, RWJ said:

With you.  I'd pay up to $8.5 mill but $7mill guaranteed. Contract would be multi incentive.

They said on NFLN Total Access he had several offers he was mulling over.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To be accurate, he was named all-pro in 2022 which means he was a reigning all-pro in ‘23. So, we had an all pro last year.

Yes, one can play with words to make it right as well.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Just a heads up, so you won’t be too busted up if it does happen, he is going to get more than that. I wouldn’t go above 7 million for the guarantee though. The numbers I keep throwing out are 15 million for one year with 5 million guaranteed.

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Saints have been doing it for years without a good young QB, and they’re suffering for it now. Eagles will suffer as well, when the bill comes due.

They are being held to the cap, within the rules, they’re just choosing to pay the price later. A choice every single team has. This seems more like an issue of you not understanding what they’re doing and how they’re doing it, and seeing it as a “loophole”. It’s not at all just teams with stud franchise QB’s doing it. It’s just another tool. Like every single other tool an NFL GM has, it’s more effective when you have a franchise QB, sure. Again, that’s always been the advantage that acts as a force-multiplier for every other thing a team can do. 

I know exactly what they are doing, we did it with Curt’s Samuel and Deshaun Jackson, but that doesn’t mean I agree with it, especially in a league that is supposed to promote parody. It especially helps teams with a great qb, that is willing to take some of his bonus in voided years. They are kicking the can down the road, and yes it might cause 2 or 3 years of pain once the bill is do, but who cares if it helps your team remain stacked while you have a top teir quality qb that makes you a contender for the Super Bowl year after year? If they are able to keep there studs at other positions while keeping their high priced qb how are the rebuilding teams supposed to catch them without finding their own qb?

The whole point of it is to keep a teams competitive window open longer, that is the exact opposite of parody. Yes it is allowed and no, they aren’t breaking any rules, but I think it’s a flawed system that helps keep the great teams great longer and it needs to change if they are going to continue to promote the NFL as the league of parody. 

Edited by mac8887

4 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I'm sure we got plenty of cap space and I mean...2-3 year deal is worth an all pro safety as good as him. And he's only 30. Sure he got plenty left in the tank. 2 year 22 mil deal I'm cool wit. 6-7 mil cap hit first year and 15jsh next. In theory the cap keeps going up so it won't hit that bad

We got the space agree.  And don't get me wrong, i am not arguing against Simmons.  I'd be almost as ecstatic as am about the Wagner signing if they signed him.  But that signing feels a bit different I'd guess as to the parameters of the contract -- and clearly am just guessing on that front.

But as a player, he'd be perfect IMO for this defense.  Can play single high post safety if need be which fits this scheme.  Ball hawk.  Great communicator.  Tailor made.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

They said on NFLN Total Access he had several offers he was mulling over.

Hopefully, he has the DQ experience like Bobby, Dante, Armstrong, etc.  

• Like 1