Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

May be an image of 4 people, people playing football and text that says 'Another year of wondering how funny it would be if NFL teams didn't announce offseason trades or signings and fans simply found out by seeing who ran out out of the tunnel in Week 1 ATL ×‘× 3 တ ល 18'

Kind of like the masked singer, just before kickoff of the first game the QB runs to mid field, takes off his extra large helmet to reveal the new starting QB.

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Hypothetical...if Howell were to be drafted this year, everyone knowing the type of QB he currently is, where would he be drafted?

Mid season Howell=4th or 5th, he was looking really good, but showed major flaws with processing time and he is still barely over 6ft. 

End of season Howell= undraftable, he was clearly shook, running from clean pockets, throwing 4tds to 12 ints with to many going the other way for 6. Started processing faster but that led to awful decisions, so that means he still wasn’t processing the field well, and he was still barely over 6ft. On top of that, when the backup came in the offense moved the ball up and down the field, not a good look for Sam.

Right Now Howell= 5th, he is who they thought he was, big arm, good mobility, bad processor, undersized. Good potential, maybe he would be drafted in the 5th by someone other than Ron based on the glimpses he’s shown. We are not sure exactly where he would’ve landed if Ron didn’t draft him.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, profusion said:

Am I crazy for thinking the opposing QBs won't have 10 seconds to throw on every play next season?

Seems like every new DC starts out saying how aggressive they are going to be...I actually believe this group will be.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

We need a vet DB who can control traffic from the middle of the field and drastically improve the communication of the group.  That's not Chinn, who is basically a linebacker.  We need another Bobby McCain or Ryan Clark.  We've always suffered to reach our potential on defense when we haven't had that kind of presence in the middle of the field.

I wish we'd been able to deepen our IDL rotation too, because I'm not convinced our backups can make the roster next year.  But we can still get someone really good in the draft, where the second round is going to be a sweet spot for the position.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, DCtoCali said:

Am I missing something?  Jonah Williams has allowed 28 sacks over the past 3 seasons, why would we even want him here?  Just curious.  

Wow!

I’ll admit that I had no idea what his actual stats were. I just knew the name, knew he could play both left and right tackle and knew he was an early draft pick.

However 28 sacks over 3 seasons is disqualifying. 

The best option might well be Tyson on a two year deal that for cap purposes voids to one year. 

I think it would be foolhardy to assume we can draft a starting left tackle with one of our second round picks. It would be fantastic if it happens but we need a more certain option. Anything can happen in the draft and rookie olinemen are arguably more valuable than ever right now.

• Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Hypothetical...if Howell were to be drafted this year, everyone knowing the type of QB he currently is, where would he be drafted?

Early 2nd because of the rookie contract for 4 years. Because 2 years are gone 3/4 now still a lot up in the air.

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

We need a vet DB who can control traffic from the middle of the field and drastically improve the communication of the group.  That's not Chinn, who is basically a linebacker.  We need another Bobby McCain or Ryan Clark.  We've always suffered to reach our potential on defense when we haven't had that kind of presence in the middle of the field.

I wish we'd been able to deepen our IDL rotation too, because I'm not convinced our backups can make the roster next year.  But we can still get someone really good in the draft, where the second round is going to be a sweet spot for the position.

FA isn’t over yet-Keim said to expect more moves and I bet one is a CB or FS our coaches like.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim said on the podcast last night, they aren't done, expect more activity

Great news. Room for 3 or 4 more easily. I’d guess 2 more ex Pukes for sure.

WR is the position I’m intrigued by. Some good options still.

Also - could we swing a trade ?

2 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Early 2nd because of the rookie contract for 4 years. Because 2 years are gone 3/4 now still a lot up in the air.

My hope now is we hold Howell until preseason and trade him for a 2025 2nd or 3rd when a team has a QB injury.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Agree.  But listening to Keim, I gather he got that from the staff, Quan Martin might be that guy.    Also supposedly D. Forrest is a good communicator according to some and was missed when he was out for most of the season.

Having said that I'd love a dude like Justin Simmons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Great news. Room for 3 or 4 more easily. I’d guess 2 more ex Pukes for sure.

WR is the position I’m intrigued by. Some good options still.

Also - could we swing a trade ?

Keim believes they desperately covet the picks they already have, so as to a trade am guessing more likely to obtain a pick then lose one.  So maybe a Howell trade?

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

Then why did you just add a Vet back up and have 2 on the team?

Playing devil’s advocate-SF has had to play all their QBs before due to injury and GMAP could want 3 quality QBs on roster.

Or they have a possible trade worked out for Howell if a team doesn’t land the QB they want in draft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

Am I crazy for thinking the opposing QBs won't have 10 seconds to throw on every play next season?

Our edge rotation isn't good, but it should be passable for a year.  None of our edges except maybe Ferrell are starting caliber, much less Probowlers like the players we've had on our line every year since 2008.  We're going to need Allen and Payne to do the heavy lifting on the pass rush, and blitz Jamin and Luvu a ton in order to generate consistent pressure.

I'm worried about our ability to stop the run.  Luvu should help there, and hopefully Chinn has a bounce back season after two where he struggled.  And hopefully Jamin comes back healthy and plays well.  But we are still pretty thin in the middle.  The truth is we're rebuilding one of the worst defenses in the NFL and it's going to take significant resources to get them championship caliber.  We're not going to be able to get it done this off-season.  Our first priority is to bring in a QB and build a proper offense around him so we can develop him, and the defense will likely suffer for it in the short term.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Id prefer Jonah Williams over Tyron Smith but ultimately I just want a veteran LT. 

Absolutely, needed unless we trade back into the high first

Just now, Going Commando said:

None of our edges except maybe Ferrell are starting caliber, much less Probowlers like the players we've had on our line every year since 2008. 

I'm going to mildly dispute this because we don't know what the new coaches will be able to get out of guys like KJ Henry, Toohill, Smith-Williams, etc.....Henry looks like he could be a starting caliber DE based on the small sample size we saw. You may be right in the end but I think Armstrong is a quality starting DE and one or two of these others could step up too. 

• Like 1

Move up into the first round for an LT is the move I would make. Package one of the seconds with another pick. And try to sign T Smith to a 1 yr contract if he’ll do it. Jonah Williams really seems like a desperation play that won’t work.

• Like 1