Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Our QB play has been trash since Curtis was here and Dotson is suspect. 

I'm not against drafting a WR to be or #3 guy, but trying to be realistic about expectations if we do.

It just seems like to Me we would not want to overpay a WR when it is loaded in the draft. To me Samuels can have that kind of a contract somewhere else, KC would be a good fit but dou't he get's that contract again?  I do not want the other WR's either.

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

There has to be a plan at OT, right? We can’t be planning to go into the draft needing a RT to replace Wylie and a LT to replace Leno, while also drafting a rookie WB we are planning to start. 

Advanced metrics suggest Wylie was around average for a RT. Definitely need to address LT but other than Jonah Williams there just arent very many, but the draft class is loaded with them.

6 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

It just seems like to Me we would not want to overpay a WR when it is loaded in the draft. To me Samuels can have that kind of a contract somewhere else, KC would be a good fit but dou't he get's that contract again?  I do not want the other WR's either.

Overpaying is relative to open market value and value to us with our own situation.

Somethings are worth more then money, like I want zero parts of a rookie LT that isn't a 1st round pick with our #2 overall pick rookie QB.

Ertz playing all 17 games would be a miracle, I've seen this movie before, and a rookie in the slot might save us money but cost us more.

We've gone from it not being crazy to have three starting WRs in modern NFL to looking at our WR core differently everytime the topic changes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrJL said:

So would I but we aren't wasting 6 million on a guy we're gonna cut and I don't see us actually keeping three QB on the active roster.

No question they sighed Mariota to be the backup. 

I can see us keeping 3 active QBs. Only 9 QBs played all 17 games last season (Sam Howell being one of them). Goff and Allen are the only QBs to start 17 games the last two seasons.

It’s a tough gig being an NFL starting QB. Injuries happen!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Who is on a rookie deal with a seasons recent starting experience and some good film (mixed in with the bad)?

Howell has value to us still. I wouldn’t move him for less than a 4th. I doubt anyone gives us that, he’s got more value to us.

Id rather have him as the backup than Mariotta tbh.

I like Howell as our backup better than Mariotta also but Hoffman made the point of do you get what you can for him now as opposed to later when he walks for free with a chance to be a starter somewhere?

Or If our rookie QB gets hurt or struggles and Howell outperformed Mariotta in camp (which I personally can see happening) then he certainly has a lot of value to us. Interesting dynamic.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Advanced metrics suggest Wylie was around average for a RT. Definitely need to address LT but other than Jonah Williams there just arent very many, but the draft class is loaded with them.

Film - and Sam Howells body - says advanced metrics are wrong in this case.

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

I like Howell as our backup better than Mariotta also but Hoffman made the point of do you get what you can for him now as opposed to later when he walks for free with a chance to be a starter somewhere?

Or If our rookie QB gets hurt or struggles and Howell outperformed Mariotta in camp (which I personally can see happening) then he certainly has a lot of value to us. Interesting dynamic.

If someone offered us a 4th id take it. Anything less I think he has more value here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Film - and Sam Howells body - says advanced metrics are wrong in this case.

If someone offered us a 4th id take it. Anything less I think he has more value here.

Hypothetical...if Howell were to be drafted this year, everyone knowing the type of QB he currently is, where would he be drafted?

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I question Bengals logic of trading Mixon for a 7th round pick.

It screams cap problems and possibly impacting bringing Williams back.

They got a pick and were going to get nothing as a cut, good move for Houston.

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

No question they sighed Mariota to be the backup. 

I can see us keeping 3 active QBs. Only 9 QBs played all 17 games last season (Sam Howell being one of them). Goff and Allen are the only QBs to start 17 games the last two seasons.

It’s a tough gig being an NFL starting QB. Injuries happen!

I certainly think it the smart thing to do, but it's so smart that keeping two QBs should never have come into favor. So I've just come to accept  a tonif teams will do what I think is dumb

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Hypothetical...if Howell were to be drafted this year, everyone knowing the type of QB he currently is, where would he be drafted?

About where we drafted him probably 

9 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

4th round. Maybe 3rd.

But with only 1 year left in his rookie deal after this one his value is probably lower than a 4th right now.

• Like 1

I feel like, barring us getting like Tyron Smith or something, maybe the best LT option this year is Jonah on a 1 year "prove it" deal.

Let's us draft our maybe future LT in the 2nd in a deep draft of OTs (or hopefully at least future RT), but also gives him a chance to come in and prove to the league he can play LT.  He succeeds, he leaves, gets a big honkin' payday.  Whether that's here or elsewhere we'll see, but if no one is offering him LT money, I'd consider throwing him LT money for one year and saying "bet on yourself."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Overpaying is relative to open market value and value to us with our own situation.

Somethings are worth more then money, like I want zero parts of a rookie LT that isn't a 1st round pick with our #2 overall pick rookie QB.

Ertz playing all 17 games would be a miracle, I've seen this movie before, and a rookie in the slot might save us money but cost us more.

We've gone from it not being crazy to have three starting WRs in modern NFL to looking at our WR core differently everytime the topic changes.

I agree some how some were we are going to need a LT, RT and TE, that's what should have happened last year. TE's were there for the taking, OT too. We drafted 2 DB's. LT can still be had this year in the draft even a few TEs later. Value is better at WR,OT in the draft. Let's get these guys on a rookie contract. Who say's the Rookie QB has to start anyway.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm just kidding, because I love the ignings and I love grabbing two guys from the same defense, who both wanted to be here.

8j3bic.jpg

It was TEMU, we got Chinn as our free gift with purchase 

If they think he can hold up and if the market dictates it, I want T Smith on a one year, 15 million dollar deal with not a lot of guaranteed money.

there are definitely some talented tackles in the draft, but I think we’d have to trade up to grab a left tackle.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

What about letting Cornelius Lucas be our left tackle and just sign or draft a right tackle? I think Lucas is pretty dang good. Probably the best backup tackle in the NFL in recent years.

He was mentioned as a priority re-sign as our swing tackle. I think we’ll bring him back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If they think he can hold up and if the market dictates it, I want T Smith on a one year, 15 million dollar deal with not a lot of guaranteed money.

there are definitely some talented tackles in the draft, but I think we’d have to trade up to grab a left tackle.

I've been saying that since week 5 last year. T Smith is perfect.

10 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I feel like, barring us getting like Tyron Smith or something, maybe the best LT option this year is Jonah on a 1 year "prove it" deal.

I don't think a guy like Williams will sign a "prove it" deal till well after the draft 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would definitley go for him over Jonah Williams

Absolutely. Assuming that we're keeping Wylie at RT, signing Lucas for swing BU, I'd be fine with Smith as starting LT 11 games next year. It also allows us a chance to wait until day three for OT projects.

• Like 1