Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Posted (edited)

I feel the need... the need, for Sneed!

Come on Adam, let's round out this defense with a shutdown, All-Pro Corner. It's Coverage Sack Szn!

I-needed-a-quote-so-it-wont-look-empty GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by CapsSkins

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I can’t freakin believe we are literally filling all of our holes in FA and allowing us to enter the draft as pure BPA. It’s surreal, really. 

I don’t know how it’s going to work out but I have a great feeling. Things are truly turning.

Yeah from a need to stand point only code red spots right now is LT and CB.  And it wouldn't shock me if at least one of those spots isn't addressed in FA.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

We stole Carolina's MIKE LB and S both because they wanted to join Dan Quinn's defense. Jesus Christ what a shift from years past. 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 15
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'd be surprised if we went and got Hunter given we've already signed 3 DEs.  But he's a good player that's for sure, I won't be mad if it does happen.

I'm praying it happens, don't care how many we've already signed. 

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Stoked for that signing.  That's been my favorite low cost signing want as I've been clamoring for on this thread.

One of my favs before that draft.  Mega draft crush at that time.   Plays with his hair on fire.

Great early career in the pros then derailed some by injuries.  He's still young.  Excited for this one. 

Basically schemed out last year in CAR. Very solid move for this coaching staff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It’s funny when people get all emotional because professionals who know a lot more than they do have a different opinion.

Meh. Not really. RB is not hard. You have the data, you can get a lot of the RB ---- right, it's one of the easiest positions to evaluate. It isn't QB. On top of that there's a reliable go to sticky note to put on the fridge, "Don't ever give these guys their second contract, especially an expensive one". 

Considering Ekeler's is a one year, it's fine, I just don't see a lot of upside in the move beyond keeping the ceiling down, adding a reasonable floor, and spackling things over so we don't have to indulge a pretty disappointing RB class. 

5 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

This is how a good GM works the compensatory picks system.  If Chinn has a blow-up year and we let him walk, we could get a 3rd/4th.  Once the other FA we've signed are on expiring contracts and they do well and sign for decent money with other teams and hopefully Peters has nailed our drafts during this time and those picks are starters, more comp. picks.  Of course, those FAs, they might want to re-up with us depending on them and Peters and Co. with age and time played being a factor. Key to all of this is drafting like there isn't a tomorrow.  That's Adam Peters.  He's just begun.  

• Like 17
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Come on Adam, let's round out this defense with a shutdown, All-Pro Corner. It's Coverage Sack Szn!

Let’s get Surtain off Denv when we send them Howell.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

With this much turnover, will Ron still get his ring?  He is starting to sweat.

Genuinely made me laugh out loud. Isn't it nice being able to laugh during free agency. How novel!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I'm praying it happens, don't care how many already signed. 

My concern would be price.  We certainly have the money for a splash or 2 and DLine is near the top of the list of places I'd be okay with that, I'm just antsy about LT.

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Really interesting that the Guard and Center market just exploded, and the Tackle market is non-existant. Outside of the Raiders RT that signed with the Giants, there's been nothing (Dion Dawkins extension not counting).

Not like there aren't quality options out there. I assume there will be some dominoes falling soon.

There are a plethora of quality, not to mention cheaper, OTs in this year's draft, so team's aren't desperate to get one in free agency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I'm praying it happens, don't care how many already signed. 

Agreed. Can you imagine having Armstrong and Hunter as starters, with Ferrell and Fowler as subs?

2 hours ago, oraphus said:

I dont believe Eckler just fell off a cliff all of a sudden. he was still electric when on the field and healthy... thats the big question mark.. can he stay healthy in a limited role as a 2nd RB.. we will see, but the risk is worth it IMO. At worst its a one year 5mil deal for RB that doesnt work out. Draft is weak this year for RBs but i am sure we will still pick one up late. Brob can carry the full load if needed and is an underrated pass catcher/ 

I don't know man, he got hurt in the first game. I think high ankle sprains can effect seasons, but I'm skeptical. He sat out a month, really nice timing of the bye, and it didn't matter, he just couldn't get that game back. Maybe it was the lost season, Herbert got hurt, Williams got hurt, Johnston busted, I don't know about their OL, But I look at that age # and I recognize that pretty much every single back not named Adrian Peterson, or Christian McCaffrey turned to crap between the age cliff and 27, 28. It's very, very hard to find exceptions. Maybe we got one, but the math says we just bought his decline for a year, which is fine, we're not contending for a super bowl the next two years anyway, and this draft class sucks for the most part, so it's no big thing, there's just RB's I would've preferred if we were going this direction, and I have to own, despite being healthy his whole career at Ohio State, Dobbins has never been healthy in the NFL, so that could have totally blown up in our face. 

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

My concern would be price.  We certainly have the money for a splash or 2 and DLine is near the top of the list of places I'd be okay with that, I'm just antsy about LT.

Once the first top their LT signs they should start to go.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

Some of the top FA left :

Edge · Age: 29

Hunter’s productive holdout last summer led to a one-year deal worth up to $20 million with a guarantee the team could not tag him. He proceeded to rack up 16.5 sacks, proving again he can transcend any scheme.

OT · Age: 33

One of the most underpaid players in the NFL last season, Smith is due a massive raise after a return to elite form. He played 942 snaps (including playoffs), which is his highest total since 2018, per Pro Football Focus.

WR · Age: 29

Overextended when the Jaguars tried to feature him as a No. 1 receiver, Ridley still showed a penchant for getting open and making big plays. He’s just a little older and less consistent than you’d ideally like.

S · Age: 26

I will never stop believing in Ceedy Duce as a multi-hyphenate difference-maker, just like I never stopped believing in Tyrann Mathieu when he hit free agency twice in a row during the middle of his career.

WR · Age: 27

My editor believes this is high for Brown. I believe deep speed is hard to find, and Brown would fit well as the second or third option on a top-10 offense. If Christian Kirk was worth $18 million per year (on a deal that’s aged surprisingly well since Kirk signed it in 2022), Brown is worth more.

CB · Age: 33

The best free-agent pickups in recent years have been excellent veterans willing to take one-year deals. Gilmore, still a plus starter, figures to be one of those guys this season. An instant upgrade for virtually any team. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Basically schemed out last year in CAR. Very solid move for this coaching staff.

Exactly... Didn't he have a stellar start to his career and then a coaching change played him out of position?  He seems to be a bit of a liability at free safety but when played where he should be he stood out.

• Like 1

As for position flex, Chinn is a safety-LB type. Big nickle, too.   As a college player, played with a ton of energy-all over the field.   One of the most fun watches for me over the years of SS types. 

Up and down career so far.  But i like his chances working with good defensive coaches like this team has now.  

https://www.panthers.com/news/jeremy-chinn-s-busy-offseason-builds-confidence-on-and-off-the-field#:~:text=CHARLOTTE – Jeremy Chinn,calling him a "superhero."

"(Superhero is) a word I stole from our secondary coaches, related to Chinn. Height, weight, speed, and then when we see him actually do things on the field. It's like, 'Whoa, I didn't think he could do that.'"

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

These two days have been seriously lit.

Now I'm thinking that the *only* free agent of our own that is coming back is Jeremy Reaves.

We had ~26 guys who were UFA/RFA coming into last week. Not only are we not going to sign any of them back except JR, I'm not sure how many will get signed by other teams either. Brisset, Gibson, Fuller, Curl and Samuel. Anyone else? Maybe Crowder and Toohill?

Rivera had 4 years to stock the roster. What an indictment of his (in)ability to acquire talent.... 

Edited by Stoox
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1