Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

47 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Drafted by Quinn and linked with Peters from his 49er days. Think we’ll see this trend over the coming days.

I personally feel it's best to make a list of each positions free agents. Then cross off the top 4 guys at each position. Then start picking who you like on the rest of the list. I expect to see 8 plus people signed but all decent starters. No one that is a Franchise player or someone that will lead the league in jersey sells. They will be boring to a lot and have some here complaining why they didn't sign bigger names. They will make smart moves that also keeps our cap looking good the next few years. We will sign or trade for big names in a few years after the team has the core they are looking for. I am mostly hoping for a good Center and LT. But not sure if there is a LT at the price they want to spend. I would expect bast case we can possibly have a jump like Houston. Worst case we can have a top 5 pick again. But most likely something in the middle like 8-9 or 7-10 but a team that shows promise and plays hard. 

• Thumb up 2

Just now, MartinC said:

Someone please make it stop. 

At least I changed my avatar.

Hey, seriously though, if people can continue to talk about Barkley like it's going to happen, I can have a little Baker fun.  :ols:

• Haha 2

I really have a free agency man crush on the Ravens free agents LG John Simpson and safety Geno Stone. Instant starters. Coming from a strong organization. Get a couple in from Dallas, also strong backgrounds. That’s what we need.

20 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Now that would cause an ES meltdown and frenzy :rofl89:

@JamesMadisonSkins would love it.  We could sign Baker Baker the Touchdown Maker, and then trade down 47 times to acquire every first round pick in the 2027 draft. Sure, it's 3 years away.  But think of the possibilities.

And frankly, I would like it because I could keep typing Baker Baker the Touchdown Maker which I think is a solid nickname.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I really have a free agency man crush on the Ravens free agents LG John Simpson and safety Geno Stone. Instant starters. Coming from a strong organization. Get a couple in from Dallas, also strong backgrounds. That’s what we need.

Leadership and players that like to do "Hard 💩with good people. That's what they will look for, I think.  :)  

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Four teams and the best they could get was a sixth round pick? I believe I’d rather just hang on to Sam if that’s what the market is looking like.

I believe one Sam is traded and possibly another Sam (Hartman) is drafted in the 6th/7th.  We also have David Blough at 28 years young who could be player/coach.  Coaching staff hasn't said it but a thought.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@JamesMadisonSkins would love it.  We could sign Baker Baker the Touchdown Maker, and then trade down 47 times to acquire every first round pick in the 2027 draft. Sure, it's 3 years away.  But think of the possibilities.

And frankly, I would like it because I could keep typing Baker Baker the Touchdown Maker which I think is a solid nickname.  

And don’t forget we’d still have $456mil in cap space in 2036

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Hope we sign Biadsz.....if for nothing more than then I can say..... "badass".

I think he has a really good shot of being signed too!  Also, I think both Armstrong and Kearse are as good as Commanders after 4pm tomorrow.  

Just now, RWJ said:

I think he has a really good shot of being signed too!  Also, I think both Armstrong and Kearse are as good as Commanders after 4pm tomorrow.  

I thought I read somewhere it was at noon, is that wrong?

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Four teams and the best they could get was a sixth round pick? I believe I’d rather just hang on to Sam if that’s what the market is looking like.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe we'd get a 5th? Day three is best case scenario and I wouldn't make that trade.

Also makes me think Fields isn't getting much of an offer. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That's what the market looks like for Mac Jones.

I'd argue, and I'm not sure how the rest of the league feels about it, but there is more untapped potential in Sam than Mac Jones.  Sam has the "he was horribly coached and only played a year on a bad team" narrative.

Mac Jones, for better or worse, was on a Belichick team and they tried to get him to be competent for parts of 3 years.  And it didn't work.  

I could see how Sam's value would be higher than Mac Jones' value.

I could also see a league argument that Sam's value was higher than Justin Field's value.  That's more tricky.  Fields has a higher ceiling, but he's struggled with winning from the pocket.  And as much as people want dual threat QBs, you still win in the NFL from in the pocket first, then have the ability to break the pocket to extend plays.  See Mahomes, Patrick.  Allen, Josh. Etc.  

• Like 1