Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

With Schefter saying it is a lock we are going Daniels I tend to think that will happen. He was basically alone with the Johnson is not coming to Washington talk. We'll see if he ends up right. I think he probably will. And I am fine with it. Watching Daniels rip of 50 yard runs for a few weeks before he gets obliterated is going to be fun.

Where did he say it was a lock? He admitted that its an uneducated guess. Basically flipped a coin.

• Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Where did he say it was a lock? He admitted that its an uneducated guess. Basically flipped a coin.

No he said "you can write it in" Schefter doesnt really say stuff like that without a source. So yeah. I think the decision has been made. And I am fine with it. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

No he said "you can write it in" Schefter doesnt really say stuff like that without a source. So yeah. I think the decision has been made. And I am fine with it. 

Source? 

This is what I found:

“It’s hard for me today, today, to see Jayden Daniels sliding much past pick No. 2. So let’s pencil him there…We’ll see how this shakes out, I think that’s how it’s stacking up a few weeks out. Caleb Williams 1, Jayden Daniels 2…”

He's not saying anything. Read it in context. He doesn't know either.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 3

With Schefter saying it is a lock we are going Daniels I tend to think that will happen. He was basically alone with the Johnson is not coming to Washington talk. We'll see if he ends up right. I think he probably will. And I am fine with it. Watching Daniels rip of 50 yard runs for a few weeks before he gets obliterated is going to be fun.

And then right back to the dark days...

While Maye becomes the next great qb

Edited by CommandB11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This is what I found:

“It’s hard for me today, today, to see Jayden Daniels sliding much past pick No. 2. So let’s pencil him there…We’ll see how this shakes out, I think that’s how it’s stacking up a few weeks out. Caleb Williams 1, Jayden Daniels 2…”

He's not saying anything. Read it in context. He doesn't know either.

Did you watch the videos? They both reference Shefter's podcast where he starts by saying they are not supposed to give draft spoilers but it's very likely JD at #2 to Washington and that all indicators point to them selecting JD. That's about as close to pencil it as you can get. He is not gonig to say 100% since anything could still happen and the team sources could be lying to him. But that's him saying all his sources within Washington are saying the same thing - It's JD at #2. 

Now I also have to say, I remember Gil Brandt (RIP) stating they purposly gave a reporter bad information (they created a false draft board and let them see it) just so the other teams might make a mistake based on what they thought the cowboys were doing. So there is that. 

It's a long way out. I think the Maye/Daniels and yes even the JJ M discussions will have lots of legs. But judgement day is comeing soon...  🙂   I trust the guys in charge more now than I have in decades. So whoever they want I am OK with it. 

I will say I slightly prefer Maye but am not losing my **** if they draft Daniels. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Now I also have to say, I remember Gil Brandt (RIP) stating they purposly gave a reporter bad information

Thing is why would we have to actually do that? Only thing I can think of is Chicago has some second thoughts on Daniels over Caleb? Otherwise it really doesnt matter. We have our choice of what is left. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Thing is why would we have to actually do that? Only thing I can think of is Chicago has some second thoughts on Daniels over Caleb? Otherwise it really doesnt matter. We have our choice of what is left. 

Actually I just like that story. Was trying to inject some levity.  I thought it was funny thoguh. 🙂     I agree, very unlikely that kind of stuff goes on today. Again, I just thought it was funny. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Would it be worth it to pass on immediate gratificaction this season and wait a full year, if neccesary, if it meant having a much better championshib caliber signal caller in the long run?

My friend, I’m going to die if we pass on immediate gratification with the 2nd overall pick … unless, of course, we somehow forget to get an offensive line to protect him.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

drake-maye-north-carolina-quarterback.jpg

Little side note that most Maye fans know.  Maye was heavily recruited by Saban to attend Alabama but wanted to play in his home state of NC.  Needless to say, Saban was ticked!  :) 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Did you watch the videos? They both reference Shefter's podcast where he starts by saying they are not supposed to give draft spoilers but it's very likely JD at #2 to Washington and that all indicators point to them selecting JD. That's about as close to pencil it as you can get. He is not gonig to say 100% since anything could still happen and the team sources could be lying to him. But that's him saying all his sources within Washington are saying the same thing - It's JD at #2. 

Maybe its just me, but unless he sat down with Adam Peters for dinner and Peters told him yeah were drafting Daniels, Shefters "spoiler" is nothing more than an educated guess, likely based on a spattering of opinions from individuals not associated with the Commanders (I doubt anyone associated with the team is saying "yeah dude, between you and me, were locked in on Daniels") and his own personal takes.....no different than any other person supposedly "in the know".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

6 hours ago, RWJ said:

Little side note that most Maye fans know.  Maye was heavily recruited by Saban to attend Alabama but wanted to play in his home state of NC.  Needless to say, Saban was ticked!  :) 

It actually gets even better than that with respect to Maye's character.

Mack Brown related that "a coach" tried to pry him away from Carolina last off season by offering him $5 million in NIL money in the off season a sum considerably higher than he got from UNC.

The coach is believed to be none other than Alabama's Nick Saban, who as you correctly mentioned almost had him as a true freshman until Mack Brown sold him on playing at home.

Why is this potentially significant?

It shows me in no uncertain terms that Maye's primary motivator is not money. He also made sure his o-line in Carolina got paid by the NIL too, I believe (not certain about this but I think I read in in a post here).

Maye could one day be that rare (in this era) throwback qb that takes a home town discount, when he's eligible for free agency, to help the team stay competitive.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

How did the Drake May/Jayden Daniels thread take over the FA thread? There’s a dedicated place for this conversation. 

Apologies.

I answered a post I was reading without realizing what thread I was on.

Will pay closer attention in the future.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

You need to go and listen to the clip where he said that, context and tone is everything. 

He said pencil in williams with a firm tone as if to suggest it's a lock, then he proceeded to say the same things about daniels he's been saying, that it's leaning that way but nothing is certain but because he was basically doing a live draft proceeded to then say pencil daniels in at 2, and let's not forget what the metaphor "pencil in" suggests, that you can always erase it later.

If you listened to the clip you'd realize this, here's a short bill burr clip to give you some context. N.S.F.W language. 

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Scotty doesn't know said:

I would have preferred to have Khaleke still on the team over Jamin Davis

Why? Hudson is roster filler and Special Teamer at best. He's a JAG with no real measurable qualities.

Davis made strides last year and his athleticism could make him break out under Quinn. And playing next to Wagner and Luvu could mean the same for him that playing next to Roquan Smith meant for Patrick Queen.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why? Hudson is roster filler and Special Teamer at best. He's a JAG with no real measurable qualities.

Davis made strides last year and his athleticism could make him break out under Quinn. And playing next to Wagner and Luvu could mean the same for him that playing next to Roquan Smith meant for Patrick Queen.

How do you know this? He never got an opportunity to play

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scotty doesn't know said:

How do you know this? He never got an opportunity to play

He had every opportunity. He was stuck behind Mayo, Holcomb, Bostic and Davis and couldn't get on the field.

Unless there is a conspiracy that Ron was holding the team back intentionally.

• Like 1

I’m glad Hudson got a chance at some real PT at the end of last year.  Played a lot of snaps in the final 4 games and accrued 52 total tackles, 30 solo, 2 PDs, 4 TFLs (along with a sack he got earlier in the year).  Obviously extrapolation is a faulty means of judgement, but 200+ total tackles would have lead the league I believe (Wagner was 1st with a combined 183).  Will be interesting to see what comes of his time with NO.

And randomly, while looking at stats I noticed St Juste lead the team in PDs with 17.  Surprisingly, Forbes was 2nd with 11 and Fuller was 3rd with just 9.

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 3