Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

7 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

You wouldn't trade a 6th round pick for Fields?? I don't think hes amazing or anything but currently hes better than any abs we have had since Cousins...thats worth a 6th round pick imo.

I make it a general policy not to acquire bad football players

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Wondering if this is fake news, a few tweets saying Trent Brown quit on the team last year. Did anyone else see or hear anything about this? He’d make a good addition

still the best franchise in the NFL.

Birdlives wrote:

Wondering if this is fake news, a few tweets saying Trent Brown quit on the team last year.

It looks like the accusation is true, but whether or not Brown actually refused to play when he could have or he was too hurt to play is less than a certainty.

The article below accuses Brown of milking an injury when he could have played to insure he was healthy entering free agency.

If true, Brown made a business decision and put his personal financial interests above the team.

The article has a devastating quote from an anonymous player who openly hopes that the team won't give Brown his big payday.

Whenever I see something  from an unnamed source, I wonder if the player quoted might stand to benefit  if Brown wasn't resigned.

Could the quote be from the player that replaced him in the lineup?

Who knows, it's anonymous after all.

In any event Brown is available and according to PFF he was having his highest graded season when he stopped playing.

Given our desperate tackle situation I would at least consider bringing him in for a visit so I could look him in the eyes and ask him directly what happened and why.

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/new-england-patriots-trent-brown-quit

Insider: Trent Brown ‘Quit’ on Patriots

A new report has shed light on the absence of New England Patriots left tackle Trent Brown during Sunday's loss to the Buffalo Bills.

HARRISON RENO

JAN 1, 2024 6:30 PM EST

Did a key starter and veteran player quit on the New England Patriots just ahead of their Week 17 loss to the Buffalo Bills? 

That is what a new report from the Boston Sports Journal's Mike Giardi has revealed when discussing the reasoning behind starting left tackle Trent Brown's absence on Sunday against the Bills. 

"Internally, I’m told, there was belief Brown could have returned before and did not," Giardi writes. "The belief was that he was protecting himself and his future earnings in a season without the promise of a postseason.

With the number of players on the roster who were playing through injuries — including those on the offensive line — needless to say, that hasn’t gone over very well (and nor should it)."

Brown had previously been dealing with knee and ankle injuries that had seen him miss four games over the previous nine weeks. However, after missing the Patriots' loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, he returned to play sparingly in the win over the Denver Broncos. 

Yet, the 21 snaps he took against the Broncos may be his last in Foxboro. This notion of Brown quitting his team ahead of the expiration of his contract was seemingly backed up in the same report by Giardi when he spoke to an unnamed Patriots player.

“A lot of us — almost all — are fighting for each other and for pride, even though the results aren’t what any of us want,” an anonymous teammate of Brown said to Giardi. “It sucks that not everyone is willing to put it out there. I hope people who sign the checks are paying attention.”

It certainly isn't a good look for Brown, who was in the midst of potentially one of his better seasons as a Patriot. According to Pro Football Focus, Brown's overall offensive grade was the highest of his career at 80.3, while his 80.8 for run blocking was also a new career mark. 

The Patriots will finish a disastrous 4-12 season at home against AFC East rival, the New York Jets, and it will likely occur without Brown's help.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thumb up 1

Great post @CommanderInTheRye.

Without that report Trent Brown would be the most desirable FA to fill a giant tam need.

I would imagine between Peters NE connections and the other staff, they have already researched the report.

Peters has done an incredible job of building this team with players that add great character and leadership. If Brown would soil that, I don't see them looking at Brown.

If Brown stays unsigned I'd believe the report unless he is requesting an unreasonable contract.

• Thanks 1

With the highest cap space left of any team, I’m sure Agents are calling us daily to gauge interest in their clients. I guess Peters just doesn’t like any of them, or feels the price is just to high. Feels like a trade would happen first, at this point it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure all the new free agent contracts are factored into that. I think we could be running nearer 50mil than 60mil.

That said, it’s still plenty :ols:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

it looks like Duane Brown has some major injury concerns of his own, but he hasn't retired and he is from Richmond.  Classic vet minimum plus incentives guy

44 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I cannot pronounce that last name.

He played only 16 games once (during his rookie season), and judging by last year stats, we'll probably won't have to pronounce his name.

The Miami Dolphins entered 2020 with three draft picks in the first round. They didn't hit on all three.

Noah Igbinoghene was considered a bust from the moment he was drafted.

From Pokes forum:

"Why did they hang on to this guy (inactive) all season long?"

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

Kicker,  long snapper,  re- signed Reaves and Crowder,  Pittman and now Igbinoghene.  

Even special teams has gotten a big boost.   

it's pretty damn rare for teams to have multiple people who are like KNOWN for their special teams play.  You get one ace who makes it their career and then the rest are just guys doing what they have to until they can get more time on O or D.  Now we've got three guys

However, this guy is a former first round pick.  He may be someone we're trying to coach up a bit

• Like 1

After watching a little on him, he reminds me a little of Danny Johnson. The type of 4/5 corner you do not want starting but can fill in a game or 2. He is powerful so I can see why he excels special teams. Our new DC is a DB guru so obviously there is traits he likes. 

• Like 1