Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

6 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

AND we got him at a bargain price.   GM Peters is not playing around....he's awesome at maximizing cap efficiency so far.

We got him at a fair price, not a bargain price. We are paying him for veteran leadership and to be a 2 down backer. It will be interesting to see what packages he is part of and what his snap count is. I dont think he will be on the field much in nickel.

He's still a really good thumper and will fill a gap - one of the better run defending backers in the league. But he's someone who will get picked on in coverage.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Yeah I tend to think it's a mix of people who just really get off on trolling people and/or are on the low end of the IQ distribution tail for males. 

A lot of people are basically lonely and dissatisfied with their lives and will seek validation and attention wherever they can find it even if it means posting false tweets on X.

To them any attention, even if it's negative, is an act that produces positive reinforcement.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

The most shocking thing of all this,  Ron Rivera was a freaking linebacker himself as a player!  WTF was he doing here?

Love Joe Gibbs but he met with Snyder and I believe when RR was hired, he was highly recommended by Gibbs.  Gibbs was a great HC and a Blessed man but when it came to FO stuff, he wasn't all that.  :)  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 5

Can we officially call this the end of the Dan Snyder era?

It seems that now every one wants to play for us. We went from the worst team to play for, to the now golden destination...

Don"t know what it'll produce on the field next year, but this sure looks interesting.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, srtman04 said:

The most shocking thing of all this,  Ron Rivera was a freaking linebacker himself as a player!  WTF was he doing here?

Wait a gosh darn minute... You're telling that the guy Snyder hired as head of player personnel, who had never had any experience in that role, but was given that position as a sweetener to lure him here wasn't good at player personell-ing? ;)

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

This is going to end up being at least a 50% roster turnover in one offseason. I’d estimate the turnover of starters will likely be 60-65%.

Wild.

Guess Ron won't get that Super Bowl ring he said he should have. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

This is going to end up being at least a 50% roster turnover in one offseason. I’d estimate the turnover of starters will likely be 60-65%.

Wild.

Its a hell of a reset. It was clear this was going to happen given the number of players still under contract - but this is new owner, new GM, new coaching staff, new roster, new QB. We basically pulled out the plug and did a hard reboot.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

I don’t really see the need for a WR in FA or it being pressing 

Dotson/Mclaurin/Ekeler//Robinson is a lot of veteran support amoung others for a rookie QB

I think shoring up the secondary is more pressing if there are any further FA signings 

Yup

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Its a hell of a reset. It was clear this was going to happen given we the number of players still under contract - but this is new owner, new GM, new coaching staff, new roster, new QB. We basically pulled out the plug and did a hard reboot.

I think we all knew we only had a handful of core players left, but damn they’ve just gone all in at every level. Got to admit, I’m fairly fired up by this approach. We’ve fallen on our feet with Harris and Co.