Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Just now, clskinsfan said:

**** is getting ridiculous. 25 mill year one for a safety?

That's why having Bobby Beathard 2.0 in Adam Peters is so great!  If you can get mid/late round gems like he has we are good to go for the long haul.  

• Like 5

**** is getting ridiculous. 25 mill year one for a safety?

Are you aware of how NFL contracts are structured? There is nothing at all remarkable about that. If anything, it's surprisingly low for the year 1 number. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Veretta83 said:

Not to be a newb but how does cap rollover work?  If we finish with 20 mil in cap space, do we get 20 mil more in cap space in 2025?

Oh boy, trying to figure out how to answer that question without getting long-winded or technical. But that seems impossible, so I'll just post my answer and see if you can decipher the nuances of it:

Yes. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

One year out from a Pro Bowl is not JAG

- The Pro Bowl is as much a popularity contest as it is a legit measurement of talent, and he was on the Cowboys

- He was an alternate

- Plenty of JAGs have a really good season sprinkled in here and there in their careers

"He was a Pro Bowl alternate a couple of years ago" doesn't make any player free from the JAG label.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Are you aware of how NFL contracts are structured? There is nothing at all remarkable about that. If anything, it's surprisingly low for the year 1 number. 

Its a safety. And yes I am aware of what 25 million year one means for a position that never has that kind money invested in it year one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Oh boy, trying to figure out how to answer that question without getting long-winded or technical. But that seems impossible, so I'll just post my answer it and see if you can decipher the nuances of it:

Yes. 

funny-as-hell-whoa-whoa.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Its a safety. And yes I am aware of what 25 million year one means for a position that never has that kind money invested in it year one. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/derwin-james-25112/

Year one cash 24.5 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/minkah-fitzpatrick-25106/

Year one cash 22.1 million

Contracts go up, so it's not that surprising.  Not to mention 24.5mill isn't that far off.

• Like 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I sincerely hope the Commanders' decision-makers put more thought into it than that lol...

Seeing you be skeptical in here when we finally have some hope, after years of being an unrepentant homer when we had none, is wild 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, CommDownMan said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/derwin-james-25112/

Year one cash 24.5 million

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/minkah-fitzpatrick-25106/

Year one cash 22.1 million

Contracts go up, so it's not that surprising.  Not to mention 24.5mill isn't that far off.

If you want McKinney on Fitz or Derwin money knock yourself out I guess. 

• Like 1

If you want McKinney on Fitz or Derwin money knock yourself out I guess. 

Really good players almost always reset the market in FA, not that surprising 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Seeing you be skeptical in here when we finally have some hope, after years of being an unrepentant homer when we had none, is wild 

There is a weird narrative amongst a few that seem to view what we're doing now as nothing particularly special or different, just a different set of guys getting their turn to try stuff that also probably won't work out or something.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boston skins fan said:

i hope the do and give up 6 sinking the franchise for a couple yrs.  they aint goin no where with danny dime

That defense would be nasty with Burns opposite Kayvon. I dont want him in the division. Unless its on our team. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1