Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

42 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Is Ertz actually signed or am I seeing sloppy reporting everywhere? I thought free agency opens on the 13th and assume he's "agreed to terms" (and not inked).

I believe he was on Detroits practice squad so he was able to be signed now. Also players that have been released can be signed now. 

• Like 2

C.J. Gardner-Johnson, S

2023 team: Detroit Lions | Age in 2024 season: 26

A torn pectoral muscle limited Gardner-Johnson to three regular-season games in 2023, but he returned for the postseason and had 12 tackles and one interception in three playoff games. Gardner-Johnson has multidimensional traits, as he can play in the deep half or match up in coverage over the slot. He had six interceptions two seasons ago in 2022 while with the Eagles.

Geno Stone, S

2023 team: Baltimore Ravens | Age in 2024 season: 25

Stone's seven interceptions ranked second in the league last season. He's an assignment-sound defender with the field vision and downhill burst to drive on the ball from depth. Stone can fit in multiple defenses as an interchangeable safety who can spin down or rotate to the post.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess I got to catch up with this this morning

Interesting. Quite a few over 30 players on that list which surprises me, Means lots of one year deals. Numerous exNiners and Cowboys...no surprise.

I was hoping Reaves would be resigned but haven't heard anything on him. Some of those guys are more teamers. 

Do any of these guys have returner skills? I expect us to bring in a good returner whether FA or draft

• Like 2

Listening to the Keim podcast now.  He doesn't think T. Smith.  Maybe Biadasz. Jourdan Lewis, good locker room guy, has an issue with his foot so no sure about his health.  Definitely watch out for Dorance Armstrong -- Quinn likes him, also good locker room guy. 

Gilmore is banged up, oldish, seems skeptical they chase him. Dante Fowler he can see coming here, he's been with Quinn on multiple teams, rotational pass rusher.  Jaron Kearse a possibility, also a leader.   Mentioned Simmons, seemed like he was just speculating on it because Peters drafted him.

Doubled down again on Burks for special teams and backup LB.   Ferrell became a starter in SF beating Chase for the job.  49ers though want Ferrell back.   Pryor -- backup O lineman.  Felicano rotational O lineman.  Won't be Chase Young.  Conley maybe backup WR-special teams.  Didn't think Woerner. 

Azeez Al-Shaair, thinks Peters likes via the SF ties.

Don't expect big splash signings but expect a good volume of signings.  He's likely still in the price range to allow them to sign a bunch of guys.

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Interesting. Quite a few over 30 players on that list which surprises me, Means lots of one year deals. Numerous exNiners and Cowboys...no surprise.

I was hoping Reaves would be resigned but haven't heard anything on him. Some of those guys are more teamers. 

Do any of these guys have returner skills? I expect us to bring in a good returner whether FA or draft

Keim thinks they likely sign Reaves.

Keim might be spitballing a little but granted he doesn't spit ball much.  Focusing on Dallas - SF ties.  My takeaway is he seems more confident that they chase Armstrong and Fowler in that group he mentioned.

For those pining for a center on the draft thread, feels like no chance.  They want a veteran center and sounds like they feel that Stromberg is a viable backup.  I doubt with their needs they are thinking lets draft center 3.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I really like Burks and especially Al-Shaair as a fit here with Davis. My gut is he may cost more than some think because the Titans want him back and the Niners may want him back due to Green laws injury.

The defensive Cowboys all make sense with all the familiarity's. 

I am totally on board with vet C and Strom. I think there are better options than Biadasz, will be intently watching that play out.

• Like 1

FA predictions, I know Keim among others don't think it would be Queen because he's not a Mike-LB type

Buffalo Bills

Prediction: Dorance Armstrong, Edge

Armstrong made the most of his limited opportunities behind a stacked group of pass rushers in Dallas. Many teams might be willing to overlook his lack of starting experience and bet on his upside. But if that’s not the case, the Bills would be wise to swoop in and possibly land him on a bargain deal. Buffalo isn’t in a position to splurge on free agents because of its cap space issues. Armstrong, 26, generated 16 total sacks the past two seasons.

Green Bay Packers

Prediction: Kendall Fuller, CB

The Packers don’t have much depth to assist No. 1 outside cornerback Jaire Alexander, who appears to be safe in Green Bay after a rocky 2023 season. Fuller would add versatility as an experienced corner who can play inside and outside. Fuller, 29, has started 93 games during his eight seasons in the league. 

Indianapolis Colts

Prediction: Chase Young, Edge

Someone will take a chance on Young, despite his struggles with the 49ers and injury history with the Commanders. Young remains a high-level pass rusher, and NFL teams are always in need of more players who can create pressure for opposing quarterbacks. The Indianapolis Colts have the cap space to add Young to a defensive front that could use another edge rusher. 

Kansas City Chiefs

Prediction: Curtis Samuel, WR

The Kansas City Chiefs could be one of the teams that makes a run for Ridley, but they don’t have the cap space to offer a lucrative contract. Kansas City will likely prioritize the second tier of free-agent wideouts. Samuel could take over for Marquez Valdes-Scantling, who was recently released by the Chiefs. Samuel, 27, knows how to create explosive plays, averaging 10.7 yards per catch in his career. And I’m expecting Chris Jones and the Chiefs to agree on a long-term deal before Monday. 

Los Angeles Rams

Prediction: Tyron Smith, OT

The Los Angeles Rams might make a serious run for Danielle Hunter, but I don’t see the Vikings letting him go for nothing. If Hunter is back in Minnesota, look for the Rams to turn their attention to the offensive line. Alaric Jackson and Joe Noteboom haven’t been the answer at left tackle the past two seasons. Smith has his injury concerns, but he’s still one of the best left tackles in the game. The 33-year-old attended USC and grew up in Southern California.

Miami Dolphins

Prediction: Jermaine Eluemunor, OT

With cap space issues, the Miami Dolphins will probably address their offensive line needs with under-the-radar veterans. Eluemunor has been a reliable right tackle for the Raiders the past two seasons. He could be an improvement over Austin Jackson and could provide depth. Terron Armstead has had injury issues and recently hinted at retirement. 

Minnesota Vikings

Prediction: Frankie Luvu, LB

If Hunter is back with the Minnesota Vikings, they might not have much to spend on top free agents. But if they decide to splurge on external free agents, Luvu’s versatility would fit well with Brian Flores’s defensive scheme. He’s coming off a career season in which he had 125 total tackles and 5.5 sacks.

New England Patriots

Prediction: Jonah Williams, OT

The New England Patriots have plenty of needs on the offensive line and it will be critical for them to fill the holes before naming a 2024 starting quarterback. Williams has starting experience at left tackle and did a respectable job playing right tackle last season in Cincinnati. He would be a quality blocker for Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels, depending on what the Patriots decide to do with their No. 3 pick in the draft. 

New York Giants

Prediction: Josh Uche, Edge

Uche failed to build off his promising 2022 season, which included a career-high 11.5 sacks. But that wasn’t enough to win a starting job with the Patriots last season. Perhaps the New York Giants’ coaching staff could bring out the best in the talented 25-year-old. 

New York Jets

Prediction: Kevin Zeitler, G

The New York Jets, obviously, need a revamped offensive line after having one of the worst units in the NFL. They’ll likely look to address the tackle spots during the 2024 draft. There are more guards than tackles available in free agency. The 33-year-old Zeitler has been a quality blocker for the Ravens the past three seasons. 

Pittsburgh Steelers

Prediction: Lloyd Cushenberry, C

The Pittsburgh Steelers got it right by signing Isaac Seumalo last free agency and drafting offensive tackle Broderick Jones in the first round. But the offensive line still needs work, and the biggest weakness might be at center. Cushenberry, who started 57 games for the Broncos, might be the best center on the market. 

Seattle Seahawks

Prediction: Kamren Curl, S

The Seattle Seahawks are in need of starting safeties after cutting Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs. To address the vacancies, Curl could be a strong option after flourishing as a strong tackler and coverage player in Washington. He made the most of his opportunities as a 2020 seventh-round pick. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Prediction: Robert Hunt, OG

Baker Mayfield isn’t listed here because it would be surprising if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers let him hit the open market come Monday. He’s likely the team’s priority after re-signing Mike Evans and using the franchise tag on Antoine Winfield Jr. If Mayfield agrees to an extension, next on the Buccaneers' to-do list would be to add offensive line help. Hunt was a quality blocker for Tua Tagovailoa in Miami. 

Tennessee Titans

Prediction: Mike Onwenu, OL

The Tennessee Titans can start off the Brian Callahan era on a strong note by adding the versatile Onwenu to improve the offensive line. They drafted Peter Skoronski in the first round last year, but the offensive line still needs plenty of work. Onwenu would be able to help at guard and tackle to possibly make life easier for second-year quarterback Will Levis.

Washington Commanders

Prediction: Patrick Queen, LB

Queen could be searching for a new home next week after the Ravens used the franchise tag on defensive tackle Justin Madubuike. Queen would be a risky signing because his play improved while playing with Roquan Smith. Obviously, Smith isn’t leaving Baltimore. But the Washington Commanders need to improve the defensive front, and perhaps Queen could be a strong general in the middle of the field.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/03/07/nfl-free-agency-2024-predictions-every-team#gid=ci02d7c92b3000255a&pid=washington-commanders

• Thanks 2

I'd be happier with Luvu or even Al-Shaair over Queen.

Really rather see us hit on one of those OL like Cush or Onwenu. Or how about Uche, he is loaded with potential

Bummer seeing Curl and Fuller elsewhere but that's part of the game

7 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Is Ertz actually signed or am I seeing sloppy reporting everywhere? I thought free agency opens on the 13th and assume he's "agreed to terms" (and not inked).

He was cut in the offseason. Making him fair game. The tampering period begins this Monday the 11th at 12pm. Teams can start signing people, agreeing to contracts, negotiating, etc until 3:59:59 on Wednesday the 13th. Then at 4pm on Wednesday, the tampering period ends and things that were agreed upon starting at noon on Monday can become official. Basically starting Monday, things are gonna heat up and we will be hitting refresh like crazy on NFL news websites.

• Like 1

Lol at that description of Chase Young. I was talking to a 49ers friend yesterday, he brought Young up, said "he was embarrassed in the Detroit NFC Championship game.  His weaknesses showed loud and clear", they don't want him back at all.

• Like 2

On The Junkies this morning they said that Bengals OT Jonah Williams would be a #1 target. 

Not saying it happens but I suspect he's a target for a lot of LT needy teams.

I haven't seen anyone predicting him to Commanders.

Edited by HigSkin

Center is interesting with 3 guys (that I know of) linked to our staff - Williams, Morse and Biadasz - all interesting options.  I wouldn’t rule out them drafting one as well, but only if that guy is able to play guard.

OT is the big one of course, I don’t see how they’re going nail down LT and RT…

13 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Center is interesting with 3 guys (that I know of) linked to our staff - Williams, Morse and Biadasz - all interesting options.  I wouldn’t rule out them drafting one as well, but only if that guy is able to play guard.

OT is the big one of course, I don’t see how they’re going nail down LT and RT…

Draft a RT at 36

• Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dorance Armstrong -- Quinn likes him, also good locker room guy.

Had to look him up--productive and relatively young too. He will be 27 this season with 20 sacks the last two three years as a rotational piece.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They want a veteran center

I am loving that he thinks its Biadasz. 26 years old, has always been a center and is damn good at it. The bonus is hurting your division rival as well.

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

He was cut in the offseason. Making him fair game. The tampering period begins this Monday the 11th at 12pm. Teams can start signing people, agreeing to contracts, negotiating, etc until 3:59:59 on Wednesday the 13th. Then at 4pm on Wednesday, the tampering period ends and things that were agreed upon starting at noon on Monday can become official. Basically starting Monday, things are gonna heat up and we will be hitting refresh like crazy on NFL news websites.

Any others in that fair game now situation worth looking at?

45 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Fowler the DE has been with two of Quinn teams. I bet he will be here.

Yep Quinn loves him

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Draft a RT at 36

Draft BPA at 36

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am loving that he thinks its Biadasz. 26 years old, has always been a center and is damn good at it. The bonus is hurting your division rival as well.

Who is better Biadasz (DQ familiar) or Mitch Morse (Bobby Johnson coached)?

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Draft a RT at 36

Pretty good chance of it for sure, but 1) I don’t love going into the draft needing a position, 2) will they be ready to start if we do land one?, and 3) that still leaves LT (obviously) and swing tackle as needs.  

Also, I shouldn’t have said “I don’t see how they’re going to address OT”, but rather “I’m curious if/how they’ll be able to address OT in an adequate manner”.  Of course, given our oline play last year, the bar is pretty low for improvement, but with a rookie qb (presumably), lots of other teams needing OT, a pretty poor FA market, and this staff wanting to hit the ground running, it’s going to be interesting to see it play out.

I can’t say I’d be shocked if Wylie starts early on.  That sounds terrible of course, but I think last year was a terrible situation for him.  Teams knew we were going to pass, knew they could get pressure almost at will (and he was a part of that calculus to be sure), so their back 7 could play to the shorter stuff.  Made life harder on all our offensive players except maybe the backs…

41 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Feel like one of our resident cowboy fans had a “good riddance” take on Biadasz (maybe he wasn’t quite that harsh though).  Quinn and Whitt can probably give a good accounting of him obviously.  And I do like the age…

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Who is better Biadasz (DQ familiar) or Mitch Morse (Bobby Johnson coached)?

I’d say Moore, although he’s older. Biadasz is way less consistent. Depends if age factors into the decision making process IMO

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Fowler the DE has been with two of Quinn teams. I bet he will be here.

Back when I used to play Madden Franchise I was always the Jaguars. Very fond memories of Fowler. I turned the realistic injuries thing off though so he didn't miss his rookie season!