Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

They said on the broadcast that Ron got a call from Cleveland when Watson went down, I wonder what they were willing to give us? Whatever it was it would have been better than keeping a guy who is on a 1 yr deal and won't be here next year.

Think it was a 6th

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

I wouldn't be so sure Sam would even be good with a great line, he really hasn't proven that yet. And if we end up with a top 3 pick, we will have a chance at a qb with elite traits. If we can't build a competent line with 2 2nds 2 3rds and a crop ton of cap space then the new fo will be sketchy right off the bat. 

We are not getting into the top 3, not sure Sam would be at this point, but whoever is back there will need protection. In addition, Williams is a mommy's boy and too fragile, and Maye is a taller Sam.

Edited by Skintime
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Skintime said:

We are not getting into the top 3, not sure Sam would be at this point, but whoever is back there will need protection. 

I agree, all we need is new England or Arizona to win one more game and we are top 3, if they both win we are top 2, and our schedule is a lot tougher then theirs

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Davante Smith after a trade down which netted them an extra 1 which essentially netted them AJ Brown. 

Crazy. Hope we can land a GM like that.

That's right. Then dropped back from like 6 to 12 and then up to 10 with Dallas for the pick. 

2 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I agree, all we need is new England or Arizona to win one more game and we are top 3, if they both win we are top 2, and our schedule is a lot tougher then theirs

Is that right? We beat them. So we need them to win 2 more and us to lose our? 

9 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

I think you mean Devonta Smith as Adams plays for the Raiders.  Agreed with everything else

Right. My bad. 

4 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

That's right. Then dropped back from like 6 to 12 and then up to 10 with Dallas for the pick. 

Is that right? We beat them. So we need them to win 2 more and us to lose our? 

Right. My bad. 

The picks go by strength of schedule not head to head

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Btw, if I really wanted to win this game, I would have gone absolutely bananas about the way they handled their last meaningful drive.  

Three predictable runs and a punt to try and win on defense.

If you want to win the game, go win the game on offense.

That was absolutely pathetic.  Assuming Ron wanted to win the game just another in the long list of crappy strategic decisions.  

And the defense afterwards looked like they were welcoming the jets to win.  I would be fine with it if I thought they were doing it on purpose but my God.  You're trying to keep a team from getting into field goal range, not defending a hail Mary or a hook and ladder.

27 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

They said on the broadcast that Ron got a call from Cleveland when Watson went down, I wonder what they were willing to give us? Whatever it was it would have been better than keeping a guy who is on a 1 yr deal and won't be here next year.

Rumor was a 6th.

I thought we should have offered him and Leno to the Jets early in the year. Would think they would have given up a good pick for that. 

15 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

And we have a hard strength of schedule than both teams? 

Weaker strength of schedule is what you want. Arizona's is way harder has ours, so we'd win a tie with them. The tiebreaker with New England is going to be very close. Bt they also have a Jets game coming up. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The next player needs to be blue chip top five player in the position in the next 2 to 3 years. It can be any position.  I think Harrison Jr or PSU OT look like they could be top level players.

yes.  we need a top-of-the-charts type generational talent!

image.png

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

yes.  we need a top-of-the-charts type generational talent!

image.png

Two out of the three that did not go to small schools have been good unfortunately we have the third one. Boss been amazing Allen and Landry been pretty good for where they were drafted. Young was a bust. The Young bust is just so frustrating.

Edited by Redskins 2021

29 minutes ago, Dirt said:

And the defense afterwards looked like they were welcoming the jets to win.  I would be fine with it if I thought they were doing it on purpose but my God.  You're trying to keep a team from getting into field goal range, not defending a hail Mary or a hook and ladder.

Excellent job there by Ron to secure draft position. Siemien hadn’t completed a pass over ten air yards all day. If you’re trying to win, you’re blitzing and/or blanketing and pressing guys. Instead we just played soft and gave them the underneath stuff to get just enough. 

Could be Ron incompetence or could be brilliance. Either way it worked. 

On the plus side, I thought Forbes looked really sticky and was in great position coming back on short routes looking like as he learns and develops could be that pick machine. Admittedly it’s getting burned downfield that crushed him and Siemien is literally incapable of throwing the ball downfield. 

Downside, I’m not sure Ron can possibly go back to Howell and that makes us more dangerous in terms of winning a game before the season is over. 

Had dialysis today. Was going to watch after coming home but it was already 0-17; so just went to sleep.

I see Jacoby came in and we nearly won. 

The next 2 weeks will be ugly. 

Sorry Sam fans, but I think the new regime won’t be hitching their futures to him.  I think we draft QB, whether we have a Top 5 pick or not.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, moondog said:

Excellent job there by Ron to secure draft position. Siemien hadn’t completed a pass over ten air yards all day. If you’re trying to win, you’re blitzing and/or blanketing and pressing guys. Instead we just played soft and gave them the underneath stuff to get just enough. 

Could be Ron incompetence or could be brilliance. Either way it worked. 

77779c1f-ccc1-45f8-9d5f-2fca94a3aab3_tex

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

At the start of the season or recently come to this conclusion?

I'm so tired of these seasons ending earlier enough we mad at winning by end of the season.  It adds up and jus feels Hella unhealthy.

I'll root to beat Dallas by myself then.  Last time i saw us play the Jets at home no one was in my row to the left or the right of me.  The tickmaster fees were higher then the cost of the ticket.

It does sound unhealthy to put so much into this that it upsets you. I have been there. I am not there currently. 

I am legit looking forward to the team building process. That’s what I’m rooting for. Drafting, signing, the theory behind schemes and personnel. All of that. 

We gotta lose to get there. And the more we lose the better pieces we could potentially have. That’s what I’m rooting for. Losing is just the means to and end at that point. Feels much healthier, personally. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I missed! Of the game but first half was just so bad what I did see... Is there 1 keeper player on offense? 

Rodriguez. And Terry if he has a quarterback that will just throw him the ball.  And Brissett regardless of whether or not we draft a QB. We could stay at 3-4 and take Harrison and O-line and win with him next year the way the Browns did last year. No hope of more than a wild card but I’m not sold on Maye or Williams so with a competent GM we could really build a strong team even if we passed on QB.