Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

18 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I would fire Ron and find anyone who will start Sam in the last 2 games. I hate tanking as well but we're two games away and IMO it's insubordinate to not look at these last 2 losses as being tremendously valuable to the future of this team.  If you dont understand how important these next 2 losses are to giving this team a chance to change its trajectory for the future then you should not be in or around the team right now.

Don't start Sam. Start Fromm. Skip over EB. Make Jennifer King the HC for the last two games. Score some good will points, and then send everyone packing. Howell can rest on the bench, or he can get shipped to Frisco and let him sit behind Purdy.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

1. never see Wylie play on this roster ever again.

As I recall Rivera and Bieniemy signed Wylie to a 3-year contract with 12 million guaranteed and an 8 million signing bonus.  Cutting him 2024 is going to have a significant cap hit.  That was a really bad signing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, NickyJ said:

Don't start Sam. Start Fromm. Skip over EB. Make Jennifer King the HC for the last two games. Score some good will points, and then send everyone packing. Howell can rest on the bench, or he can get shipped to Frisco and let him sit behind Purdy.

That’d be transparent to the point of insulting.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

How the **** did Sam Howell get ruined so much?   It's like a different player now vs the beginning of this season.   This is so ****ing sad 

I feel like we really aren't trying as many short passes as we did.

He also might be hurt a bit, or at least hurting.  Earlier in the year when he was running around in the backfield as much as he did, he'd tuck it and run.  He did that some last week, but not this week

Just now, NickyJ said:

Yeah it doesn’t matter. New FO and Coaching staff….qb is third most important 

even our draft pick is a lost cause if we get a good qb. We’d be better off trading for more picks

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Conn said:

No idea what you’re even arguing. No, none of us posting here about it mattered to the outcome. We still own our opinions and desires, and seeing yours play out would have objectively hurt the team. That’s all I’m arguing. You still have the right to feel the way you do. 

Only one arguing is you, bro.

You've been making this point to me for years.

At what point you think I already know that?

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I love your idea,  I forgot Fromm is on the PS.

14 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I thought z was the unreasonable one, but you got him beat by a mile. Howell isn't good. maybe he will be but he is not right now, I doubt he will ever be. he was a 5th rounder that showed glimpses but had major flaws coming out of college that stuck with him. One of those flaws, him holding the ball to long and taking lots of sacks plus our horrid oline has got him seeing ghost. Carr was rated generational out of college but once he started seeing ghost he never rebounded. The same thing happened to Ramsey. Its usually a death sentence for qbs, and I think it will be even harder for Howell because he is so short. He will see giant men surrounding him in his dreams

Good, I want us to build a team, you want the same thing Snyder did, shiny new toys that get broken because we don't build a team. Go root for a Snyder team you'll fit in quite well 

11 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

You think to highly of Wylie. I don't care how resilient he is crap

Huh, I'm referring to Howell, WT... are you babbling about?

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

You dont have a team without a QB.

True, also don't have one without a line. We have destroyed 3 now

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I wanna meet the fans that REALLY wanted to be 5-12 going into the new year lol

At the start of the season or recently come to this conclusion?

I'm so tired of these seasons ending earlier enough we mad at winning by end of the season.  It adds up and jus feels Hella unhealthy.

I'll root to beat Dallas by myself then.  Last time i saw us play the Jets at home no one was in my row to the left or the right of me.  The tickmaster fees were higher then the cost of the ticket.

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Howell displayed some good skills and indicated good potential until the team dysfunction took control.

Lately it's all bad with Sam and he has to own his part of what has been deterioration. I never had him at top tier but saw potential for somewhere in the next echelon down, but it was potential. 

Anyone who knows what they're watching thought the same. But it's hard at this point to know if he can rebound from this Rivera-led "trauma." On top of all his other failings, Ron has crapped all over a fifth round potential bargain at the most important position.

I think Sam could still get there and hope he does whether here or elsewhere. But it's hard to imagine the next decision makers will bank on him at #1.

Meanwhile, I've said since day one nothing brings out the low grade fan "analysis" like the QB position and I'm standing by that. 😁 :evil:

Agree.

Even back when Sam was playing well, I said on that QB thread it would be tough to pass over a Qb if they are picking high.  But now, I think its a no brainer, assuming they like one of the top QBs.

I thought he's a clear 2nd tier type QB.  In that Kirk, Derek Carr (when Carr was good) range.  Now I am less confident of that and even more confident he doesn't have elite upside.

If by some chance they end up picking #2 or Daniels is picked ahead of Maye, if this team likes Maye, it would present a bit of a soap opera dynamic to the draft process considering Sam and Maye are super close. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Skintime said:

Good, I want us to build a team, you want the same thing Snyder did, shiny new toys that get broken because we don't build a team. Go root for a Snyder team you'll fit in quite well 

How can you look at our qb situation and be ok with it going into next year. Why can't we use our other picks and cap space to get better at other positions while addressing qb?

I always reflect back on Philly sitting Hurts and other starters against us when their season was over. It wasn't a top 5 pick. But it got them Davonte Smith (edit I said Adams before) . Yeah, they Giants lost their **** over it. But it worked out for the Eagles. The tank is real and thank God San Fran will curb stomp whoever is QB for us next week. Hopefully by the final game, Ron is instructed to sit starters like Philly did. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

How can you look at our qb situation and be ok with it going into next year. Why can't we use our other picks and cap space to get better at other positions while addressing qb?

I'm not, but not the first pick. We need a line to protect whatever we get, this will begin with a line. We have Sam and he needs a line and competition. We are not getting one of the elite ones anyway

Edited by Skintime
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I always reflect back on Philly sitting Hurts and other starters against us when their season was over. It wasn't a top 5 pick. But it got them Davonte Adams. Yeah, they Giants lost their **** over it. But it worked out for the Eagles. The tank is real and thank God San Fran will curb stomp whoever is QB for us next week. Hopefully by the final game, Ron is instructed to sit starters like Philly did. 

I think you mean Devonta Smith as Adams plays for the Raiders.  Agreed with everything else

Just now, Skintime said:

I'm not, but not the first pick. We need a line to protect what ever we get, this will begin with a line. We have Sam and he needs a line a compensation. We are not getting one of the elite ones anyway

I wouldn't be so sure Sam would even be good with a great line, he really hasn't proven that yet. And if we end up with a top 3 pick, we will have a chance at a qb with elite traits. If we can't build a competent line with 2 2nds 2 3rds and a crop ton of cap space then the new fo will be sketchy right off the bat. 

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I always reflect back on Philly sitting Hurts and other starters against us when their season was over. It wasn't a top 5 pick. But it got them Davonte Adams. Yeah, they Giants lost their **** over it. But it worked out for the Eagles. The tank is real and thank God San Fran will curb stomp whoever is QB for us next week. Hopefully by the final game, Ron is instructed to sit starters like Philly did. 

Davante Smith after a trade down which netted them an extra 1 which essentially netted them AJ Brown. 

Crazy. Hope we can land a GM like that.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Davonte Adam's? The wr?