Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

19 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wish there was a another reporter I trust to that same extent.  But nada.

As Cooley used to joke Keim checks everything with 7 sources, that's why he's never wrong.

I follow everyone really.  I listen to almost every podcast from every reporter.  And they all let me down.  Keim almost never.

Sheehan might be the closest to nailing it.  He doesn't report much but when he does I can't remember the last time he was wrong.  His latest was saying when he jumped on the air last Friday that he expects the GM hiring to happen that day and it did. 

You can make fun of it, you can resist, but search your feelings, and you know its true.

giphy.gif

love me some kei but specifically talking about  the LoM phrasing.  

28 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The only problem with a guy like this is we'll only get one year out of him unless he's Terrible in which case we don't want him.

If we bring him in I hope we also bring someone talented we can promote next year when he takes a head coaching job.

I know it's a good problem to have but some continuity from year one to two would be great.

Like how the lions got 2 years out of johnson.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1

Peters has probably been mapping out his ideal structure for months in advance of getting a GM position this off-season.

On the back of the Harris/Peters performance yesterday in the press conference, it’s difficult to imagine our #1 targets choosing elsewhere IMO.

Everyone wants a slice of this nice new pie. Happy days.

• Like 6

“Growing up in the Bay Area, [Peters] knew that when Bob Myers was involved in this process, it was very impactful,” ­said Peters’s agent, Doug Hendrickson. “… I think that showed a lot to Adam. It showed that Bob Myers, after winning four [NBA] titles and having the ability to do whatever he wants to do in life, is teaming up with Josh. It was a huge value add to Adam. Then he had a chance to meet Josh and talk to [Mitchell Rales and Magic Johnson] and realized this is a job where he has a chance to mold and grow the team. It made it like, ‘Hey, this is where I want to be.’ ”

The Commanders have five picks in the first three rounds of the 2024 draft, including the No. 2 selection. They also have the most projected salary cap space in the league and an ownership group eager to win and willing to spend.

Peters declined two interviews for GM openings during the NFL’s hiring cycle last year and, according to Hendrickson, said he wanted to find the right job. Peters knew Washington was probably going to have an opening.

“He said if any of these other jobs open up, I think Washington’s at the top of my list,” Hendrickson said. “And once he met Bob and Josh and all that, it became real.”

Now the work really begins. Although the 49ers are in the postseason, Peters’s time with them is done. He wasn’t part of Washington’s two virtual head-coaching interviews last week, with Baltimore Ravens assistant head coach and defensive line coach Anthony Weaver and Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald, but he will be at the center of the search as the interviews resume this week.

“I’m all-in,” Peters said. “We are all-in. I can’t wait to get started doing everything we can to restore this proud franchise to where it belongs.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/01/16/adam-peters-commanders-gm/

• Like 2

Two sentences from that Standig article:

"After listening to some who know Peters, it feels safe to begin gulping in hope."

"If Peters’ praise proves accurate, accepting a new era won’t come begrudgingly — and any living, breathing doubters will remain in the shadows."

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478gtaiftg9x07mg1vi1

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is why it is important to get the HC position nailed down asap. Assistant coaches are already interviewing for positions. We dont want to get behind in those interviews. 

Very important but I rather a leader like Slowik and Johnson all in for current team. They made a commitment to their current team and need to fulfill that. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Until we interview our top candidates in person I dont think we can say for sure who the coach will be.

I think everyone is just assuming - top landing spot + most in demand potential head coach = definitely happening.

I don't think anyone knows and I think some of the retread coaches are probably higher on the list than some think. I also think Josh Harris and team have had ZERO significant leaks (nobody knew or even hinted about Myers or Spielman, etc) so I'm taking everything with a grain on salt.

I imagine OC's, agents etc. have been calling Peter's to "congratulate" him on his appointment. Im sure there has been some initial back door inquiries even if its not formal and an actual interview. They already have a good idea which direction they are going, obviously the actual interviews may sway them one way or another but I'm pretty sure there's a lot already going on behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

That's about as damning a statement as one can make about Ron Rivera and what he supposedly brought to this organization.  

Thinking Peters was talking about the "organizations" gate guard, housekeeping, equipment staff etc.  lol

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Redwards said:

That's about as damning a statement as one can make about Ron Rivera and what he supposedly brought to this organization.  

I saw that and thought the same thing, combine that with comments from Dotson, McLaurin, Sweat, Allen, Mathis...

29 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Very important but I rather a leader like Slowik and Johnson all in for current team. They made a commitment to their current team and need to fulfill that. 

Have we tried hiring coordinators before the head coach? I am sure that wouldn't backfire in any way, shape, or form.

• Haha 2

I was reading an article about Dan Campbell and they said what put him over the top and why they loved him was how passionately he spoke about wanting to be the head coach of the Detroit Lions specifically. It wasn't like he just wanted any coaching gig, he wanted THAT one and knew all about the organization's history, the community, the fans, etc and spoke so passionately about Detroit specifically that they felt he was the right guy for the job. 

I kind of got that feeling from Peters yesterday when he said that he didn't even take any other interviews. He knew this is where he wanted to be. I would really like that kind of attitude from the head coach. Not that they'd cancel interviews but someone who has strong convictions about coaching specifically for Washington, not just being a head coach in general. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick

43 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm beginning to think Morris is going to be the coach if we don't get Johnson.

I would think the ones that were giving virtually already were taped so Peters can look back at them.  Common sense.