Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Look at the young talent both Peters and Newmark added to their teams over the past couple of years. You have to be excited.

Absolute night and day from what we’ve endured. Can’t wait to see what we do in FA and the draft.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The sum of positive front office and coaching moves we’ve made since Dan Quinn was hired fits squarely into the

”what’s not illegal but feels illegal” category 

wasn’t hype for the Quinn hire like most but so far Peters and Quinn are demonstrating excellent process in their decisions and building something I can get behind

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

This defensive coaching staff is nuts. If they cant get production out of the stupid number of high draft picks on this defense no one can. Really looking forward to watching Quinn transform Jamin into a monster. 

Edited by clskinsfan

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This defensive coaching staff is nuts. If they cant get production out of the stupid number of high draft picks on this defense no one can. Really looking forward to watching Quinn transform Jammin into a monster. 

Forbes will play better as well. And if we can coach all the DPIs out of St. Juste...whoowey

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MartinC said:

At the end of the day shallow cross is shallow cross however you call it in the huddle or with pictures from the sideline. Its going to come down to who is the QB and can we block for him.

All the good teams have top TEs, Bigger a bigger WR and was hoping they would upgrade and incorporate in the offense. Then this Air raid Bull... came along. But who knows now with this combo of coaches we have. Seems like any QB could work now just adjust to him.

so not only do we have a GM bu an assistant GM?  This is like christmas  and running and passing coordinator on o and d.  Correct me if im wrong but we didnt have thos coaches in Riveras regime or ever.  Feels like this team is moving to modern times with its structure and im here for it.

• Like 6

I am absolutely pumped for how this defensive staff is shaping up.

As for the offensive staff, I’m intrigued about how things are going to look.  I don’t think it will really be fair to call it an Air Raid offense.  It will probably a spread based offense still but in Arizona Kingsbury evolved away from Air Raid quite a bit.

Based on what he did in Arizona, here is what I feel fairly confident about.

-It will be shotgun dominant.  Kingsbury used shotgun 90+% of the time in Arizona.

-It will be almost exclusively 1 RB sets.

-TE’s will probably get more usage than you expect.  By his last season in Arizona, Kingsbury was using a TE on 90+% of plays, and multiple TEs on around 25% of plays.

-Kingsbury won’t be afraid to take risks.  He was among the league leaders in going for it on 4th down and going for 2 point conversions.

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I Googled how many coaches does a NFL team usually have and find that usually there are 12. It varies of course. We have a lot more than 12.

I google the same and got 12 to 16.  Regardless this teams fron office and coaching staff Org. Chart is a breath of fresh Air.  Harris is definitely bringing this team into modern times.

• Thumb up 2

I imagine the reappointment of the Martys to advisory roles will ease any lingering tension among the fanbase regarding the FO structure. Coupled with the Newmark hire, GMAP is out here looking like a seasoned veteran knowing exactly what he wants and how to get there. Calculated. Exciting stuff! 

• Like 3

I am relieved that Peters hired Lance Newmark from the Lions to be the Assistant GM.

If I was the owner I would tell Peters to let Hurney and Mayhew hit the road.

Hurney's new title will be Advisory Role whatever that means and Mayhew will be Senior Personnel Executive

and Advisor to Peters.  I hope Peters doesn't feel that he must work with Mayhew just because they worked in SF together.

You probably do not need either one of them.  I hope after next year Peters will re-evaluate their work to see how much

they are contributing to the front office.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I am relieved that Peters hired Lance Newmark from the Lions to be the Assistant GM.

If I was the owner I would tell Peters to let Hurney and Mayhew hit the road.

Hurney's new title will be Advisory Role whatever that means and Mayhew will be Senior Personnel Executive

and Advisor to Peters.  I hope Peters doesn't feel that he must work with Mayhew just because they worked in SF together.

You probably do not need either one of them.  I hope after next year Peters will re-evaluate their work to see how much

they are contributing to the front office.

Likely keeps a some information behind closed doors for 3 months, then you go from there.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

You probably do not need either one of them.

Agreed. Maybe this is a way to ease them out of the organization? I interpret "advisory role" as having diminished power and say, almost a nominal role (at least for Hurney, Mayhew probably still has some pull). 

Harris and Peters just seem attuned to optics in such a way as they don't want to come off looking rash and not giving the existing people a fair chance (even though nothing says they have to). They seem to be doing just that, or maybe I'm just optimistic. In any case, I definitely support their process and how they've so far handled all this staff and personnel turnover. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I think that leaves a "water boy or person" to hire.  Any suggestions?  I was going to suggest Dan Snyder, but he does not seem too popular on this board.

****, sign me up for Water boy lol.