Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex findings to non-technical stakeholders.

Dang I got that first part but all that ability to convey complex findings **** ain't for me. Especially to non technical stakeholders.

Looks like I'm out. I don't have one single qualification Josh Harris is looking for. 🤣

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Time for someone in this forum to shoot their shot. 

I hope Bobby Johnson's Nyg offensive lines stunk due to bad drafting and scouting by their front office. And their terrible injury luck. And that he is actually good at his job.

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Dang I got that first part but all that ability to convey complex findings **** ain't for me. Especially to non technical stakeholders.

Looks like I'm out. I don't have one single qualification Josh Harris is looking for. 🤣

I'm great at the second part. I've worked in restaurants most of my life and been a member here for close to 20 years. You break down the technical stuff to me and I'll bust out the crayons for Josh and co.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Thought for sure when I checked in this morning there would be an article about how great Booby Johnson actually is, that this is a great hire and everyone is upset for no reason.  Surely there has to be something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Thought for sure when I checked in this morning there would be an article about how great Booby Johnson actually is, that this is a great hire and everyone is upset for no reason.  Surely there has to be something?

When he was with Indianapolis in 2018, their Oline was ranked 2nd in pass pro and 4th in run so there's that.  LOL

• Thumb up 2

25 Astonishing Facts About Ken Norton Jr

Known for his Leadership

Ken Norton Jr is highly regarded for his leadership skills, both as a player and as a coach, inspiring his team members to push their boundaries and achieve greatness.

Impact on the Game

Ken Norton Jr’s career has left a lasting impact on the game of football, with his style of play and his ability to dominate on defense.

Mentorship
Throughout his coaching career, Ken Norton Jr has mentored many young players, guiding them towards success and helping them reach their full potential.

Respected by Peers

Within the football community, Ken Norton Jr is highly respected by his colleagues and peers for his knowledge, expertise, and dedication to the sport.

Competitive Nature

Known for his fierce competitiveness, Ken Norton Jr always pushed himself to the limit, striving for excellence both on and off the field.

Motivational Speaker

Ken Norton Jr has shared his insights and experiences through motivational speaking engagements, inspiring others to chase their dreams and overcome obstacles............................

The Life And Career Of Ken Norton Jr. (Story)

Ken Norton Jr. didn’t have what some might call a normal upbringing.

His father, Ken Norton Sr., was one of the best heavyweight boxers in the world from the 1960s until the early 1980s.

Norton Jr. didn’t follow in his father’s footsteps but he packed a punch in his own right.

As a linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers, Norton was an All-Pro, a three-time Pro Bowler, and a three-time Super Bowl champion.

He retired and became a coach, teaching the next generation of linebackers how to play the position.

This is the story of Ken Norton Jr.....................................

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

I trust Dan to hire the people he feels will help him. If they don’t work out, they will be fired and eventually if it doesn’t work out, Dan will get the boot.

So keep fingers crossed and everything works out and no one eventually gets fired and instead winning comes our way.

The nfc is there for the taking. We just need to build a team capable of doing that.

• Like 5

Also we don't know how much of the Giants OL issues were on bad QB-ing. Tommy Devito in particular held the ball a ton, and Daniel Jones has always been prone to getting knocked around. But ultimately their talent level is crap and they had tons of injuries.

You know since we are still assembling the staff; I don’t think we’ve done the deep dive on the inherited roster yet. Adam might of but doubt Dan has yet.

While interest will be towards free agency and draft; it will be interesting to see which inherited players make the 24 roster.  Will we sign any of our own free agents or let the them walk.

The Ken Norton hire is beyond HUGE for a position that was woefully neglected by the previous regime.  Even though he played for Dal@ss, Norton was a beast in his hay day and their hay day when they won back to back SBs

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

This Dan is infinitely better than the old Dan.

A 10-day-old, moldy, white dog turd is infinitely better than the old Dan.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Also we don't know how much of the Giants OL issues were on bad QB-ing. Tommy Devito in particular held the ball a ton, and Daniel Jones has always been prone to getting knocked around. But ultimately their talent level is crap and they had tons of injuries.

I am very much in wait and see mode. Apparently the Bills got WAY better after he left. But that might be on Daboll too? It's so hard to judge OL play and coaching from afar. However, one bad hire is not the prognosticator of doom some want it to be. Dan Campbell's first OC was Anthony Lynn, who lasted one year. They're doing ok now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My best glass-half-full take for the reasoning behind the Bobby Johnson hire:

• Very few coaches have experience coaching the Air Raid offense.  I'm not sure if you can say the Bills ran an "Air Raid" offense while he was there, but I do know the Bills incorporated a ton of Air Raid concepts into their playbook.  It's especially important for an OL coach to have experience in this system - the OL have to line up in a wider split than they do in a typical WCO and they are on more of an island.  The blocking concepts are different.  I'm not sure if the Giants incorporated any Air Raid into their offense (I know I wouldn't if I had Daniel Jones at QB) - if not, maybe he just isn't as successful outside of that system and Kingsbury is only looking at his success via Air Raid.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

We recently had two former linebackers as the HC and DC and that unit still sucked terribly. However now we have my man Ken Norton Jr. He wasnt just an NFL linebacker but an ALL PRO NFL linebacker. And he gets to focus on that unit only as a LB coach and might have influence on future linebacker draft picks! I am probably wishful thinking here but hopefully he helps tremendously, to turn that critical position from a weakness to a big strength!!! 

• Like 3